What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Found out Qobuz now has a yearly subscription option so I went with that since I still have some of that COVID unemployment money left and got my tax refund. I've tried it before and it's easily the best in terms of music streaming quality. My yearly Amazon subscription ends in 5 months.

I should be earning money soon anyways since my job coach company I'm a client of scheduled a meeting with me next week because the lighting manufacturing warehouse job I had is now gone because of COVID related downsizing. Gonna miss working there and the people in my group I worked with.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I got to visit my Mum today.

Mother's Day here on Sunday so was able to bring her a card and a bunch of flowers.

• Like 5

Found out Qobuz now has a yearly subscription option so I went with that since I still have some of that COVID unemployment money left and got my tax refund. I've tried it before and it's easily the best in terms of music streaming quality. My yearly Amazon subscription ends in 5 months.

I should be earning money soon anyways since my job coach company I'm a client of scheduled a meeting with me next week because the lighting manufacturing warehouse job I had is now gone because of COVID related downsizing. Gonna miss working there and the people in my group I worked with.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, hope you'll find a decent job with nice, encouraging people around you. :)

It was the colleagues that made my day today (again) with their supportive ways and their crazy, dark humour (mine might be essentially darker, though, so I dare not make jokes at work too often ;) ). I have a dream job, and I'm thankful for that. Not making big money but what we do is meaningful to many people.

• Like 1

i got my first Covid vaccination today. ! 2nd one will be April 8th ! Yahhooo.

Excellent!! I get my first one tomorrow.
  • Like 2

First Covid vaccination (Pfizer BioNTech) recieved earlier today.

For such a large number of people receiving it while I was there, it was a super slick operation.

I am so grateful for all the volunteers working today at the centre, helping to get people protected.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 4

Pretty cool start to the day. At 7am, my wife noticed there were two does in the garden, and they were followed by two more and then a buck. They were mooching about for around ten minutes, maybe twenty yards from my back door. My cats were a bit anxious about going out after breakfast today.
  • Like 3

Pretty cool start to the day. At 7am, my wife noticed there were two does in the garden, and they were followed by two more and then a buck. They were mooching about for around ten minutes, maybe twenty yards from my back door. My cats were a bit anxious about going out after breakfast today.

Nice! It's great to have wildlife about.
  • Like 1

Nice! It's great to have wildlife about.

It's exactly the kind of thing I hoped for when we moved to Scotland two weeks ago. Nicer than the constant smell of diesel we were used to...
  • Like 3

In the first half vs Kansas, Eastern Washington's Groves brothers combined for 32 points (16 each) to give EWU an 8-pt lead at the half. Spokane locals represent!

In the first half vs Kansas, Eastern Washington's Groves brothers combined for 32 points (16 each) to give EWU an 8-pt lead at the half. Spokane locals represent!

Sadly they didn't hold on. :(

Gave it their best, though. Zags has got to be loving all the upsets, as it clears a path to a title.

Gave it their best, though. Zags has got to be loving all the upsets, as it clears a path to a title.

Hope so but not counting any chickens until they're out of the eggshells. Along those lines, watched Baylor yesterday and they are most certainly capable of beating Gonzaga. If the Zags play lazy defense like they did in the first half vs. BYU in the Conference championship game, they will lose. They will have to play tough, close out D on Baylor's 3 point shooters for the entire game to win. And btw, the brackets were set up by the committee for those two to meet in the championship game, obviously on purpose.

My son got his exam results today and is now a fully qualified doctor. I am so proud!

What's his area of focus?

Ophthalmology, obviously. :P

• Like 3

My son got his exam results today and is now a fully qualified doctor. I am so proud!

Congrats to him and you! What's his area of focus?

Thanks! He is still not 100% certain but he will have 2 years working as a junior doctor in a local hospital to help him focus! Edited by zepphead
  • Like 3

It's time to celebrate! :cheerleader: :yay: :banana: Congrats to your son and your family!

• Like 1