What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Rocky, my 13 year old lurcher (hound/lab mix) has a few bumps and swellings, but my veterinarian and I have only been concerned with two of them. One is on the right front of his chest, appears to be on his ribs, no big deal. The other was a fleshy mass growing five inches in front of his right rear leg. That second one is now slightly larger than a golf ball.

Last week the vet, aware of my knowledge of canine health from my days of dogcatching, said he can remove both of them. But he wanted to do a biopsy of the lump on his chest, and said he'd call me advising of surgery, which he has done by a consulting vet that he sub-contracts.

Got word from the vet today, and Rocky goes in for surgery on October 7. Rough estimate around $1700, which I can handle. Drop him off in the early am; likely pick him up late that day after he recovers from general anesthesia. To be continued...

• Like 3

Rocky, my 13 year old lurcher (hound/lab mix) has a few bumps and swellings, but my veterinarian and I have only been concerned with two of them. One is on the right front of his chest, appears to be on his ribs, no big deal. The other was a fleshy mass growing five inches in front of his right rear leg. That second one is now slightly larger than a golf ball.

Last week the vet, aware of my knowledge of canine health from my days of dogcatching, said he can remove both of them. But he wanted to do a biopsy of the lump on his chest, and said he'd call me advising of surgery, which he has done by a consulting vet that he sub-contracts.

Got word from the vet today, and Rocky goes in for surgery on October 7. Rough estimate around $1700, which I can handle. Drop him off in the early am; likely pick him up late that day after he recovers from general anesthesia. To be continued...

With all my heart, I hope it goes well with Rocky. I love dogs. They are the most faithful and loving animals. Humans could learn a few things from them

Rocky is most fortunate to have you as an owner. Many dogs aren't so lucky to have good owners, but they love them nevertheless.

• Like 5

With all my heart, I hope it goes well with Rocky. I love dogs. They are the most faithful and loving animals. Humans could learn a few things from them

Rocky is most fortunate to have you as an owner. Many dogs aren't so lucky to have good owners, but they love them nevertheless.

Yes you are a great companion to Rocky, :yes: wishing him a successful surgery :) Hey look who's here :monalisa: :hi: this is new...

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

SINCERELY hope they are benign.

• Like 2

Yes you are a great companion to Rocky, :yes: wishing him a successful surgery :) Hey look who's here :monalisa: :hi: this is new...

SINCERELY hope they are benign.

And I am truly blessed that he is mine. He has been such an example of solace since losing Karen. He will sometimes just stand in front of my chair looking like "nah, don't need to go out or eat, just checking on you. You all right? Yeah, I miss her, too."

He has had the bump on his chest for a while, and it hasn't gotten bigger. The Vet is playing safe. The growth by the bad leg is only 2-3 months old, and just hangs there. It's cold to the touch, so there's no blood circulating in it, but it was sort of fleshy. At first I thought is was a big abcess, and about to rupture. Yuck!

• Like 1

I listened to a friend I first worked with almost 30 years ago, and who gave me great professional advice (Just make sure your shoes are tied and your fly is zipped and you'll be fine). I left my office and went sailing with him and another friend of his. We had a glorious day.
  • Like 2

I listened to a friend I first worked with almost 30 years ago, and who gave me great professional advice (Just make sure your shoes are tied and your fly is zipped and you'll be fine). I left my office and went sailing with him and another friend of his. We had a glorious day.

Fantastic!
  • Like 1

I missed 2 meetings last month because I didn't know how to use Zoom. I finally taught myself to do that today. Actually I watched 3 different tutorials on youtube and then scheduled a meeting with myself to see if it worked.
  • Like 2

I missed 2 meetings last month because I didn't know how to use Zoom. I finally taught myself to do that today. Actually I watched 3 different tutorials on youtube and then scheduled a meeting with myself to see if it worked.

:ebert:
  • Like 1

Free grand slam at Dennys!

I used to hang out at the Dennys on campus with all my friends when I was in college. I have a lot of memories from that place. Their Grand Slam is the best!! Edited by Krystal

Just got back from picking Rocky up from the vet. He's moving about gingerly, had to lift him up into the car. But once he knew he was home, he jumped right out. Hitting the water bowl pretty hard, and ate only a nibble of food (which the Vet said to go easy for tonight). He's on pain pills for a week, and goes back to get his staples removed in 12 days. So far so good. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

Just got back from picking Rocky up from the vet. He's moving about gingerly, had to lift him up into the car. But once he knew he was home, he jumped right out. Hitting the water bowl pretty hard, and ate only a nibble of food (which the Vet said to go easy for tonight). He's on pain pills for a week, and goes back to get his staples removed in 12 days. So far so good.

Im so glad he is doing well!

• Like 1

Just got back from picking Rocky up from the vet. He's moving about gingerly, had to lift him up into the car. But once he knew he was home, he jumped right out. Hitting the water bowl pretty hard, and ate only a nibble of food (which the Vet said to go easy for tonight). He's on pain pills for a week, and goes back to get his staples removed in 12 days. So far so good.

How's Rocky doing?

• Like 1

How's Rocky doing?

He's doing good, considering. Back to normal eating and drinking. He is beginning to sniff around the wounded area, and I may need to put the Elizabethan Collar, aka The Cone of Shame, on him. He'll probably move about very carefully until the Vet removes the staples.
  • Like 2

How's Rocky doing?

He's doing good, considering. Back to normal eating and drinking. He is beginning to sniff around the wounded area, and I may need to put the Elizabethan Collar, aka The Cone of Shame, on him. He'll probably move about very carefully until the Vet removes the staples.

Glad to hear he's doing well! A friend just sent me this today-

8df4zdcl.png

• Like 4

How's Rocky doing?

Glad to hear he's doing well! A friend just sent me this today-

8df4zdcl.png

Outstanding! No ice cream for Rocky, but he's workin' them dog treats overtime. He also has a marked preference for cheese and peanut butter. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

I got a job in a retail store. I plan to work there until the pandemic ends or something better comes along-- whichever comes first.
  • Like 4

I got a job in a retail store. I plan to work there until the pandemic ends or something better comes along-- whichever comes first.

Congrats a best of luck to ya!

:cheers:

Thanks. I have another interview on Wednesday for a different job. I also turned down an interview for a remote IT product tester because that's just not my thing.

Thanks. I have another interview on Wednesday for a different job. I also turned down an interview for a remote IT product tester because that's just not my thing.

Cool that you have options! Edited by goose