What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The robins have returned to my area. I love hearing them the first thing in the AM and last at night.

The rabbit that hasn't been around the last two weeks came back too. I'm glad it's alright.

The simple things in life.

• Like 6

The robins have returned to my area. I love hearing them the first thing in the AM and last at night.

The rabbit that hasn't been around the last two weeks came back too. I'm glad it's alright.

The simple things in life.

In a crazy, messed up world we need the simple things in life more than ever.
  • Like 3

I SAW THE COMET TONIGHT!! We are at my mom's and the skies are much darker here. We had to use binoculars to see it well but it was really beautiful! The tail is long and fuzzy and interesting - could have watched for hours!

That sounds really cool! My hubby and I are planning this Friday night to drive out past the Great Salt Lake so we can be away from the light pollution and see it. I remember doing this when Hale-Bopp flew over in 1997.

Another tidbit of trivia, one of our local Universities USU helped create the telescope that located the NEOWISE comet.

• Like 3

Doing absolutely nothing today but watch Golf and Nascar.

... I can't wait until Baseball and Hockey begin.

I am getting tired of watching old clips of hockey games, really miss it :hockey:

and if they're gonna show us really old games, at least show the old commercials too
  • Like 1

I SAW THE COMET TONIGHT!! We are at my mom's and the skies are much darker here. We had to use binoculars to see it well but it was really beautiful! The tail is long and fuzzy and interesting - could have watched for hours!

That sounds really cool! My hubby and I are planning this Friday night to drive out past the Great Salt Lake so we can be away from the light pollution and see it. I remember doing this when Hale-Bopp flew over in 1997.

Another tidbit of trivia, one of our local Universities USU helped create the telescope that located the NEOWISE comet.

Neowise... I saw it with binoculars... beautiful
  • Like 2

Neowise... I saw it with binoculars... beautiful

Hey, Principled Man, have you used your new giant telescope for that comet yet? Got any pictures?

• Like 2

Today I met my son for the first time since things kicked off in March.

We went for lunch and a coffee being careful to observe the social distancing rules. Really great to see him face to face after an enforced separation!

In September he will go into his final year of medicine, so during the summer break from Uni he has volunteered for shifts in the local hospital.

He has been allocated 3 days a week taking blood samples for antibody tests on NHS staff and also dialysis support in the renal ward of the hospital. I am so proud of him!!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 9

I am getting tired of watching old clips of hockey games, really miss it :hockey:

and if they're gonna show us really old games, at least show the old commercials too

Oh yeah "You dirty little Maple Leaf , you".....don't remember the product. Then there was one where Wamsley (goalie) made a weird appearance. And the Nike commercial...Bo knows hockey...seeing Bo crash into the boards..Gretzky shakes his head NO Bo doesn't know hockey :laughing guy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Oh yeah "You dirty little Maple Leaf , you".....don't remember the product. Then there was one where Wamsley (goalie) made a weird appearance. And the Nike commercial...Bo knows hockey...seeing Bo crash into the boards..Gretzky shakes his head NO Bo doesn't know hockey :laughing guy:

Hehehe ...... not sure what language you are speaking right now but suspect it may be a weird hockey-speak dialect ...... almost unknown on this side of the pond lol!!!
  • Like 1

Hehehe ...... not sure what language you are speaking right now but suspect it may be a weird hockey-speak dialect ...... almost unknown on this side of the pond lol!!!

Actually I was quoting dialog from some old Hockey commercial by Nike that ran during the late 80's and in the 90's. I found a link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=u88WdovasU0&feature=emb_title

Then Nike did a commercial with Bo Jackson in it. He was a professional football (US) player and had also been a pro baseball player. So they decided to do a "Bo Knows" one and had lots of cameos of pro athletes in it...I found it too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwry6vAWG4g

These crack me up, so this made my day too :laughing guy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Actually I was quoting dialog from some old Hockey commercial by Nike that ran during the late 80's and in the 90's. I found a link..

Then Nike did a commercial with Bo Jackson in it. He was a professional football (US) player and had also been a pro baseball player. So they decided to do a "Bo Knows" one and had lots of cameos of pro athletes in it...I found it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOol5HBLUd8

Hahaha ...... now it makes sense to me Rhyta! .... That Hockey commercial is funny ..... I'm eating my breakfast with a smile! :LOL: Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

Then Nike did a commercial with Bo Jackson in it. He was a professional football (US) player and had also been a pro baseball player. So they decided to do a "Bo Knows" one and had lots of cameos of pro athletes in it...I found it too

Hahaha ...... now it makes sense to me Rhyta! .... That Hockey commercial is funny ..... I'm eating my breakfast with a smile! :LOL:

I updated the second link, had the wrong one. Love it when Gretzky shakes his head and of course Bo Diddley :laughing guy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwry6vAWG4g

Hahaha ...... now it makes sense to me Rhyta! .... That Hockey commercial is funny ..... I'm eating my breakfast with a smile! :LOL:

I updated the second link, had the wrong one. Love it when Gretzky shakes his head and of course Bo Diddley :laughing guy:

Great commercial! :guitar:
  • Like 1

Then Nike did a commercial with Bo Jackson in it. He was a professional football (US) player and had also been a pro baseball player. So they decided to do a "Bo Knows" one and had lots of cameos of pro athletes in it...I found it too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwry6vAWG4g

First baseball game I went to was the Angels against the Royals in 1989 when I was 8 1/2 years old and Bo hit a homer that game. My Halos won, though.

Just found out Orion is releasing Bill And Ted 3 on demand because of COVID on September 1st.

giphy.gif

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

My grandmother, who’s been in the hospital the past week after suffering a heart attack, called me today. She said she’ll be out of the hospital Friday, and she hopes it’ll only be another week or so in rehab until she can go home. Great news, considering it’s only been a few days since I thought we were going to lose her. She beat cancer back in the ‘80s and has appeared to cheat death once again. One of the strongest people I’ve ever met.
  • Like 2

My grandmother, who’s been in the hospital the past week after suffering a heart attack, called me today. She said she’ll be out of the hospital Friday, and she hopes it’ll only be another week or so in rehab until she can go home. Great news, considering it’s only been a few days since I thought we were going to lose her. She beat cancer back in the ‘80s and has appeared to cheat death once again. One of the strongest people I’ve ever met.

Sounds like she’s strong mentally as well as physically

• Like 1

Today was my 26th wedding anniversary, and my wife and I had a great day with a hike and a picnic out. When we came home our kids had cleaned the whole house and made dinner (chicken parmesan)!

Good day.

• Like 2

Today was my 26th wedding anniversary, and my wife and I had a great day with a hike and a picnic out. When we came home our kids had cleaned the whole house and made dinner (chicken parmesan)!

Good day.

Congrat's!!!
  • Like 2

It Doesn't Take Much To Please Me; Chapter 137:

Not only did I get the best parking spot at my local Festival Foods grocery store, but they also had some Mello Yello 12-packs, and they were on sale! 3 for $4.00! Due to the aluminum can shortage, my area has been devoid of Mello Yello for several weeks, but now it's back!

Life is good, I tell ya..... :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Not only did I get the best parking spot at my local Festival Foods grocery store, but they also had some Mello Yello 12-packs, and they were on sale! [edit] 3 for $12.00! Due to the aluminum can shortage, my area has been devoid of Mello Yello for several weeks, but now it's back!

Not only did I get the best parking spot at my local Festival Foods grocery store, but they also had some Mello Yello 12-packs, and they were on sale! 3 for $4.00! Due to the aluminum can shortage, my area has been devoid of Mello Yello for several weeks, but now it's back!

You gotta enjoy the small victories, absolutely. In the soda category, I used to live in Kentucky and loved Ale8 One (a ginger ale-like soda) and I only learned last month that it's been available in the Cracker Barrel down the road, in their "nostalgia" shop! I bought a case.