What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Getting our power back last night made my day yesterday. It was completely unexpected. I had just gotten off the phone with the electric company and they were telling me three to five days it would be before power was restored.

I was sitting at the kitchen table devouring the Chaluppa my husband had thoughtfully brought home for me from Taco Bell when all of a sudden I heard a noise. I thought to myself, that's funny - it sounds like the furnace. I turned towards the kitchen sink where we have nightlights on each side of it and - lo and behold - they were on!!!

Electricity is a wonderful thing. Life can be awful, especially in the cold, without it.

And a special thank you to Canada for sending down some of their power company crews to help us out.

Yeah, that's cool how those things happen. Our last big outage in Milwaukee had hundreds of separate incidents and the crew that was fixing the cause of my outage was from Minnesota. I chatted with them a bit.
  • Like 1

Getting our power back last night made my day yesterday. It was completely unexpected. I had just gotten off the phone with the electric company and they were telling me three to five days it would be before power was restored.

I was sitting at the kitchen table devouring the Chaluppa my husband had thoughtfully brought home for me from Taco Bell when all of a sudden I heard a noise. I thought to myself, that's funny - it sounds like the furnace. I turned towards the kitchen sink where we have nightlights on each side of it and - lo and behold - they were on!!!

Electricity is a wonderful thing. Life can be awful, especially in the cold, without it.

And a special thank you to Canada for sending down some of their power company crews to help us out.

Yeah, that's cool how those things happen. Our last big outage in Milwaukee had hundreds of separate incidents and the crew that was fixing the cause of my outage was from Minnesota. I chatted with them a bit.

I heard today that Reno and San Francisco also sent crews here to help with the power restoration!

It's charity week here in the office. Bake sale, chili cook-off, trivia contest, 5K run/walk, other random games.... it's been declared casual week. We always have a casual Friday (rest of the week is business casual).

I am celebrating by wearing a different :rush: tour shirt every day. Mon was Time Machine, Tues was Power Windows (replica because I didn't attend this one), Wed S&A, and today R40. I saved the newest one for the big trivia contest coming up in about 20 minutes. I hope there's a few questions about Rush, but I bet dollars to donuts there's more questions about the effin Kardashians.

Finished the week with one of the few tour shirts left that isn't falling apart from over use.... CA.

• Like 1

It's charity week here in the office. Bake sale, chili cook-off, trivia contest, 5K run/walk, other random games.... it's been declared casual week. We always have a casual Friday (rest of the week is business casual).

I am celebrating by wearing a different :rush: tour shirt every day. Mon was Time Machine, Tues was Power Windows (replica because I didn't attend this one), Wed S&A, and today R40. I saved the newest one for the big trivia contest coming up in about 20 minutes. I hope there's a few questions about Rush, but I bet dollars to donuts there's more questions about the effin Kardashians.

Finished the week with one of the few tour shirts left that isn't falling apart from over use.... CA.

I'm finishing the week just as I started it- shirt and tie.

Winter is on its way...time to bring out my wool overcoat and my fedora! :dweez:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

Winter is on its way...time to bring out my wool overcoat and my fedora! :dweez:

Man, I could never get used to a job when I have to dress up. I don't mind button down shirts and slacks, but that's as fancy as I get. If my track record is any predictor, I will be wearing a tie if I ever change jobs. I started at NASA, totally casual - t-shirt, shorts, whatever. Next job was jeans and a polo, here it's slacks and a button down/polo with casual Fridays (no shorts though)

Man, I could never get used to a job when I have to dress up. I don't mind button down shirts and slacks, but that's as fancy as I get. If my track record is any predictor, I will be wearing a tie if I ever change jobs. I started at NASA, totally casual - t-shirt, shorts, whatever. Next job was jeans and a polo, here it's slacks and a button down/polo with casual Fridays (no shorts though)

The funny part is that I don't have to. I dress this way by choice!

"You have entered the Twilight Zone..." :musicnote:

• Like 1

Not today, but yesterday.

Trying to heal from a bad relationship. I cut contact totally, even changed the phone number I've had for 15 freakin' years. I'm slowly seeing improvement, but there are times when it's really hard.

In oneof those moments yesterday, I did a Google search....let's just say the results were shocking and not all at once. It confirmed some stuff I suspected and something I never knew. The latter is uproariously funny precisely because it's so pathetic.

It was a mood lifter! I am keeping a screenshot of what I found. Not to do anything nefarious, but it's something I can look at whenever I need a reminder that I am well shot of this individual. And eventually I will delete.

• Like 5

Trying to heal from a bad relationship. I cut contact totally, even changed the phone number I've had for 15 freakin' years. I'm slowly seeing improvement, but there are times when it's really hard.

In oneof those moments yesterday, I did a Google search....let's just say the results were shocking and not all at once. It confirmed some stuff I suspected and something I never knew. The latter is uproariously funny precisely because it's so pathetic.

It was a mood lifter! I am keeping a screenshot of what I found. Not to do anything nefarious, but it's something I can look at whenever I need a reminder that I am well shot of this individual. And eventually I will delete.

Strange times we live in. Can't take anyone at face value anymore. There is a lot of truth to the old sayings: Appearances are deceiving and You can't judge a book by its cover.

Strange times we live in. Can't take anyone at face value anymore. There is a lot of truth to the old sayings: Appearances are deceiving and You can't judge a book by its cover.

Yes, but Google can be your friend! (And in his case - your enemy). :D

There was sale on boots at The Bay, so I kinda bought 2 pairs.

Like these....??

http://images.countryoutfitter.com/images/photos/136339/136339_55157-mens-silverton-work-boot-dark-brown_large.jpg

......or these??

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/hms/KIS7309-KISS-Starchild-Boots-large.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Edited by Principled Man

Really wonderful friends who keep reminding me that it's okay to lean on them when I am having a tough time. Invaluable.
  • Like 3

Something my mom said while i was watching Dream Theater's Live athe Budokan

Mom: Who are these people?

Me: Dream Theater

Mom: Next question............when are they finished? :laughing guy:

To loud for old Mom, lol

Mick

• Like 1

i got to be on the cash register at work today :dweez:

my skills are a little rough but with practice i'm sure i'll get better

• Like 6