What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

That sure is a nice looking truck, and i wish you and Mrs. Narps the best with your new vehicles, but Narps, if you don't mind me asking, why do you need a four wheel drive in Myrtle Beach? Does it snow there? Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

That sure is a nice looking truck, and i wish you and Mrs. Narps the best with your new vehicles, but Narps, if you don't mind me asking, why do you need a four wheel drive in Myrtle Beach? Does it snow there?

No it doesn't. I have seen a dusting twice in the 16 years I have been here. It is the truck with the perfect combo of low miles, great condition and just enough bells and whistles for that day (2005). I could care less that it has 4 wheel drive bit it just does. I get to roll the windows up and down myself the old fashion way which I love. I can't tell you how many power window motors I have replaced in the two vans we have had over the past 16 years. One less thing to fail as far as I am concerned... :D-13: This will be the Narpski forever truck :dweez:
  • Like 1

Bought a light kit for the ceiling fan in my bedroom, hooked it up exactly according to the proper specs, and I got NUTHIN.

After determining how incorrectly the ceiling fan was wired, I re-hooked up the light kit and it WORKED.

And I followed proper safety protocols, too! Shut off the power completely before I touched any wire..... :chickendance: :chickendance:

• Like 2

This did. My wife and I have been driving around junk cars for so many years now because we couldn't afford anything else for so long. Until very recently we hadn't bought a "new" car since the mid 90's sometime and it really has sucked for the most part. For a year or two there we only has one POS car between us. Well things have improved over the past couple years and I got her a brand new VW Jetta in June. Its a 4 year lease and we can swing it and she deserves it if anyone on this planet does. Well today I got mine and it felt good. It is a 10 year old vehicle that no joke couldn't look any newer if it tried. Only 69,000 miles in those 10 years which amounts to a grocery getter at 6900 miles per year. Not a mark on the body or interior anywhere. I have payments for 48 months but we can swing them. Heck as little as I drive anymore and with a bit of luck I could be driving this thing for the rest of my life as I will take great care of it. The pics aren't great as I took them at the dealer real quick to text to my wife. A 2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4 in a brilliant deep blue original paint. I love this thing already and have the ATWAS CD in the dash already.... :wub:

http://s21.postimg.org/50edtjb9z/20151127_123745.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/7xbkbs181/20151127_123755.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/d4buy2jp7/20151127_123735.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/gtal801kp/20151127_123812.jpg

Finally!!! Narpski deserves this one... :D-13:

Nice, enjoy it man. Looks like it's indeed in great cosmetic shape, a time machine to 2005.

:cheers:

Interesting that it has crank windows, yet power seats. :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm with you about power windows. They should at least have a manual backup for when and if they fail. I'd rather have manual windows too. As you say, one less thing to fail.

And should you find yourself in a river those windows will short out, and then there's no way of getting out.

• Like 1

This did. My wife and I have been driving around junk cars for so many years now because we couldn't afford anything else for so long. Until very recently we hadn't bought a "new" car since the mid 90's sometime and it really has sucked for the most part. For a year or two there we only has one POS car between us. Well things have improved over the past couple years and I got her a brand new VW Jetta in June. Its a 4 year lease and we can swing it and she deserves it if anyone on this planet does. Well today I got mine and it felt good. It is a 10 year old vehicle that no joke couldn't look any newer if it tried. Only 69,000 miles in those 10 years which amounts to a grocery getter at 6900 miles per year. Not a mark on the body or interior anywhere. I have payments for 48 months but we can swing them. Heck as little as I drive anymore and with a bit of luck I could be driving this thing for the rest of my life as I will take great care of it. The pics aren't great as I took them at the dealer real quick to text to my wife. A 2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4 in a brilliant deep blue original paint. I love this thing already and have the ATWAS CD in the dash already.... :wub:

http://s21.postimg.org/50edtjb9z/20151127_123745.jpg

http://s30.postimg.org/7xbkbs181/20151127_123755.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/d4buy2jp7/20151127_123735.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/gtal801kp/20151127_123812.jpg

Finally!!! Narpski deserves this one... :D-13:

Nice, enjoy it man. Looks like it's indeed in great cosmetic shape, a time machine to 2005.

:cheers:

Interesting that it has crank windows, yet power seats. :LOL:

And heated seats too. :wtf: ...

I'm with you about power windows. They should at least have a manual backup for when and if they fail. I'd rather have manual windows too. As you say, one less thing to fail.

And should you find yourself in a river those windows will short out, and then there's no way of getting out.

:scared: ...:)

:scared: ... :)

You'd need to open the windows to let the water in and equalize the pressure so you can open the door. Saw that in a Mythbusters episode ;)

• Like 1

Close call with one of my cats today. Peaches is 15, so of course she's no spring chicken. A few days ago she started vomiting a couple times a day so we took her in fearing the worst. Because she wasn't behaving any differently than her normal self, the vet thought it was a thyroid problem until they did blood work.

Thankfully her organs are all perfectly healthy, and she's just got some nasty virus or parasite. A couple shots, and she's done vomiting, and we're forcefeeding her some antibiotics for a few days. I'm glad she's okay. She's been my cat since I was a little boy.

• Like 5

My mom.

She just recently had a knee operation and has started rehabilitation. Although she's soon to be 60 she's still young at heart and mind. No signs of slowing down. She has a good spirit. Tonight at 11 o'clock she was at a heavy metal show with my older brother. I think it's so cool that she gets out and enjoys herself.

This was just a little homage to my mother. I love her! I will get her some flowers next time I see her, she deserves it :rose:

• Like 7

Close call with one of my cats today. Peaches is 15, so of course she's no spring chicken. A few days ago she started vomiting a couple times a day so we took her in fearing the worst. Because she wasn't behaving any differently than her normal self, the vet thought it was a thyroid problem until they did blood work.

Thankfully her organs are all perfectly healthy, and she's just got some nasty virus or parasite. A couple shots, and she's done vomiting, and we're forcefeeding her some antibiotics for a few days. I'm glad she's okay. She's been my cat since I was a little boy.

15 years. That's amazing!

• Like 1

My mom.

She just recently had a knee operation and has started rehabilitation. Although she's soon to be 60 she's still young at heart and mind. No signs of slowing down. She has a good spirit. Tonight at 11 o'clock she was at a heavy metal show with my older brother.

:haz:

• Like 2

My mom.

She just recently had a knee operation and has started rehabilitation. Although she's soon to be 60 she's still young at heart and mind. No signs of slowing down. She has a good spirit. Tonight at 11 o'clock she was at a heavy metal show with my older brother. I think it's so cool that she gets out and enjoys herself.

This was just a little homage to my mother. I love her! I will get her some flowers next time I see her, she deserves it :rose:

Hope she is well,

I had knee surgery back in 2008. It was not a pleasant experience.

• Like 1

My mom.

Hope she is well,

I had knee surgery back in 2008. It was not a pleasant experience.

Thank you :)

It seems like she's dealing with it fine. She's a strong woman.

• Like 1

OSU,

Kicking Michigan's a**!! :dweez: :haz:

This made my whole weekend....

Series History: Michigan leads 56-37-6

Michigan points: 1,637

Ohio State points: 1,181

Record in Ann Arbor: Michigan leads 29-17-4

At Michigan Stadium: Michigan leads 21-15-3

Record at Ohio State: Michigan leads 27-20-2

At Ohio Stadium: Michigan leads 21-19-1

Stats from MGOBLUE.COM (and WE don't need to fib about it, facts is facts....)But for todBut for today, it's my Fave funI'm gonna give Harbaugh a couple years to bring back 'The Shembechler Method' of EXCELLENCE, and I hope he will! :P

But for today, it's my '#1 Fun Tunes' playlist on iTunes that's doing it! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/music-ENJOY.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Cheap earbuds from best buy 3.99 were still available yesterday. I had bought 2 pairs friday, but gave one pair to my daughter. Was happy they had a few left as i wanted a back up for gym
  • Like 1

OSU,

Kicking Michigan's a**!! :dweez: :haz:

This made my whole weekend....

Series History: Michigan leads 56-37-6

Michigan points: 1,637

Ohio State points: 1,181

Record in Ann Arbor: Michigan leads 29-17-4

At Michigan Stadium: Michigan leads 21-15-3

Record at Ohio State: Michigan leads 27-20-2

At Ohio Stadium: Michigan leads 21-19-1

Stats from MGOBLUE.COM (and WE don't need to fib about it, facts is facts....)But for todBut for today, it's my Fave funI'm gonna give Harbaugh a couple years to bring back 'The Shembechler Method' of EXCELLENCE, and I hope he will! :P

But for today, it's my '#1 Fun Tunes' playlist on iTunes that's doing it! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/music-ENJOY.gif

Well,

Michigan best turn it around soon. They suck!! :LOL:

Once again, my #1 Fun Tunes iTunes playlist! Now playing "On Presuming To Be Modern II" from SYNERGY-Cords (Larry Fast's SYNERGY) http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/music-ENJOY.gif