What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Storms to allow Tahoe's Heavenly and Northstar to open early... :D-13:

http://www.tahoedail...nd-northstar-to

The last time I went skiing, it was down the face of Heavenly. Glorious country, out there.

http://www.tahoebest.com/skiing/_images/heavenly-lake-tahoe-view.jpg

Not a bad place to hang out...

• Like 3

Laughter. My wife's sense of humor in laughing at my stupid jokes. We had watched Karate Kid two days ago so yesterday she was wondering what happened to Elisabeth Shue after making that flick. She also wanted to know what she looked like grown up. So we did a search and were looking at various pics. Shue turned out pretty hot in the late 80s-90s. We were looking at this one where Shue is bending over & posing while wearing a very low cut white blouse with nearly her entire rack on display...

Mrs. Blaze: She became really pretty didn't she? But where are her nipples? I can't find them.

Me: [serious tone] I'm not sure. I'm looking really hard.

Mrs. B: ((gives me a playful slap and starts laughing in her charming way))

Me: [concentrated manner] Shhh, quiet. I'm trying to focus.

Mrs B: ((laughs even harder))

:LOL:

Yeah whatever you do don't watch Leaving Las Vegas

Somehow I haven't seen that...and your post is an invitation to watch it. And I will ! Mrs. B hates to watch anything dark/depressing (which I know that movie is) so I won't watch that with her at least. Hard to go to cinemas with her because she always asks, "I don't want to go if it has a sad ending. Does it have a sad ending?" Really, how the hell would I know if I never saw the movie?! :LOL:

You haven't seen Leaving Las Vegas? Elizabeth Shue has one of the sexiest scenes of all time in that movie. She is so damn sexy!!!

Laughter. My wife's sense of humor in laughing at my stupid jokes. We had watched Karate Kid two days ago so yesterday she was wondering what happened to Elisabeth Shue after making that flick. She also wanted to know what she looked like grown up. So we did a search and were looking at various pics. Shue turned out pretty hot in the late 80s-90s. We were looking at this one where Shue is bending over & posing while wearing a very low cut white blouse with nearly her entire rack on display...

Mrs. Blaze: She became really pretty didn't she? But where are her nipples? I can't find them.

Me: [serious tone] I'm not sure. I'm looking really hard.

Mrs. B: ((gives me a playful slap and starts laughing in her charming way))

Me: [concentrated manner] Shhh, quiet. I'm trying to focus.

Mrs B: ((laughs even harder))

:LOL:

Yeah whatever you do don't watch Leaving Las Vegas

Somehow I haven't seen that...and your post is an invitation to watch it. And I will ! Mrs. B hates to watch anything dark/depressing (which I know that movie is) so I won't watch that with her at least. Hard to go to cinemas with her because she always asks, "I don't want to go if it has a sad ending. Does it have a sad ending?" Really, how the hell would I know if I never saw the movie?! :LOL:

You haven't seen Leaving Las Vegas? Elizabeth Shue has one of the sexiest scenes of all time in that movie. She is so damn sexy!!!

I'm gonna buy it! I''M GONNA BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

I seem to be well liked in my school class. I occasionally have classmates come up to me, wanting to talk about joining a group for various projects. Most of the time I've been in a steady group with three other classmates, but today one of them wrote me and she suggested a new group with me and two others. One with more coding knowledge and another who shows more responsibility.

And this is where I'm puzzled. I don't see myself as being very well-knowlegded, disciplined or highly responsible. But I must come across that way, and it just shows my humble self-deprecating ways of looking at myself.

But all in all I'm just happy that people around me want to work and hang out with me. Being a shy introvert this means I've come along way from a child feeling hurt most of the time.

I'm feeling happy :)

• Like 4

I seem to be well liked in my school class. I occasionally have classmates come up to me, wanting to talk about joining a group for various projects. Most of the time I've been in a steady group with three other classmates, but today one of them wrote me and she suggested a new group with me and two others. One with more coding knowledge and another who shows more responsibility.

And this is where I'm puzzled. I don't see myself as being very well-knowlegded, disciplined or highly responsible. But I must come across that way, and it just shows my humble self-deprecating ways of looking at myself.

But all in all I'm just happy that people around me want to work and hang out with me. Being a shy introvert this means I've come along way from a child feeling hurt most of the time.

Sounds sort of like the Peter Sellers' movie, Being There. ;) Edited by snowdogged

Sounds sort of like the Peter Sellers' movie, Being There. ;)

I should check it out then :D

My grandmother had her funeral today. Huge attendance, my uncle did a beautiful talk, and I gave a reading of Psalm 23, her favourite passage of scripture.

I met family I haven't seen in years, made new friends, and finally met other members of my family who I have never met before. We aimed for a beautiful day, not a day of mourning. My grandmother hated to wear black, so we wore smart, but non drab colours. Beautiful day, for a beautiful woman.

• Like 7

My grandmother had her funeral today. Huge attendance, my uncle did a beautiful talk, and I gave a reading of Psalm 23, her favourite passage of scripture.

I met family I haven't seen in years, made new friends, and finally met other members of my family who I have never met before. We aimed for a beautiful day, not a day of mourning. My grandmother hated to wear black, so we wore smart, but non drab colours. Beautiful day, for a beautiful woman.

I'm glad you were able to find good in such an event. May she rest in peace.

• Like 3

Couldn't say it any better my little Rush brother, so I'm just going to echo her good words.

• Like 2

Couldn't say it any better my little Rush brother, so I'm just going to echo her good words.

Thank you both so very much!

• Like 1

Seventeen years ago, freshly teenaged, I endured perhaps the most painful and impactful event of my life thus far. Of course that act is not what made my day; I am so grateful to have spent Friday celebrating survival and recovery. I am so thankful to be alive, and to have found strength all those years ago. Each year on this day especially, I marvel at human resiliency. I am fortunate to not have been alone in observing today. I also gifted myself a tiny air plant housed in a sea urchin exoskeleton. That’s kind of what I felt like as I recovered--new life in an "old" vessel. :)

Either I failed to find it or we don’t have a support thread related to sexual assault…so I just want to take the opportunity to offer (without expiry) an ear to anyone who is dealing with their own sexual assault or that of a loved one. No one should have to go through that alone.

• Like 8

Seventeen years ago, freshly teenaged, I endured perhaps the most painful and impactful event of my life thus far. Of course that act is not what made my day; I am so grateful to have spent Friday celebrating survival and recovery. I am so thankful to be alive, and to have found strength all those years ago. Each year on this day especially, I marvel at human resiliency. I am fortunate to not have been alone in observing today. I also gifted myself a tiny air plant housed in a sea urchin exoskeleton. That’s kind of what I felt like as I recovered--new life in an "old" vessel. :)

Either I failed to find it or we don’t have a support thread related to sexual assault…so I just want to take the opportunity to offer (without expiry) an ear to anyone who is dealing with their own sexual assault or that of a loved one. No one should have to go through that alone.

You're super strong and my hero, bean. :hug2: I'm glad you had a good day.

• Like 3

:blush: Aww, thank you, Cy! :hug2:

I don't know that I'm a hero, but I'm certainly all about the " :madra: " haha.

• Like 2

:goodone: You're a very strong person, bean, and always willing to use that strength to help others :hug2: Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

:goodone: You're a very strong person, bean, and always willing to use that strength to help others :hug2:

:blush: Aww, thank you for your kind words, Your_Lion! They mean a lot to me :hug2:

• Like 2

You are a,

Very strong person. I'm glad you had a good day. But I am also really glad that you are here on the forum. :hug2:

• Like 3

You are a,

Very strong person. I'm glad you had a good day. But I am also really glad that you are here on the forum. :hug2:

Aww thanks so much, troutman! :blush:

I'm really glad to be here on the forum, too--there are a lot of great people here, yourself included :hug2:

• Like 1

You are a,

I'm really glad to be here on the forum, too--there are a lot of great people here, yourself included :hug2:

I can still,

Remember the day you added me as a friend. I was like... who is this? :LOL: :P

• Like 1

You are a,

I can still,

:laughing guy: Oh man, and there I was thinking that we had been building some sort of rapport back then!

Ah well, now you know who I am--a silly little bean! :LOL: I'm gonna be laughing about this one for a while now! Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

• Like 1

You are a,

I can still,

:laughing guy: Oh man, and there I was thinking that we had been building some sort of rapport back then!

Ah well, now you know who I am--a silly little bean! :LOL: I'm gonna be laughing about this one for a while now! Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

You had not,

Been here that long correct?

• Like 1

You are a,

I can still,

You had not,

Been here that long correct?

Well I suppose I still haven't been here for too long! :LOL:

What I remember is that we had been exchanging posts about the good changes that were happening with regard to your work at the time...possibly some other topics, too, but work stands out because you struck me early on as a positive person :)

Ultimately I added you, building up the courage by thinking "f**k it, the worst that can happen is that he'll think I'm crazy!" :smoke:

• Like 1