What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Seventeen years ago, freshly teenaged, I endured perhaps the most painful and impactful event of my life thus far. Of course that act is not what made my day; I am so grateful to have spent Friday celebrating survival and recovery. I am so thankful to be alive, and to have found strength all those years ago. Each year on this day especially, I marvel at human resiliency. I am fortunate to not have been alone in observing today. I also gifted myself a tiny air plant housed in a sea urchin exoskeleton. That’s kind of what I felt like as I recovered--new life in an "old" vessel. :)

Either I failed to find it or we don’t have a support thread related to sexual assault…so I just want to take the opportunity to offer (without expiry) an ear to anyone who is dealing with their own sexual assault or that of a loved one. No one should have to go through that alone.

You are a,

Very strong person. I'm glad you had a good day. But I am also really glad that you are here on the forum. :hug2:

Aww thanks so much, troutman! :blush:

I'm really glad to be here on the forum, too--there are a lot of great people here, yourself included :hug2:

I can still,

Remember the day you added me as a friend. I was like... who is this? :LOL: :P

:laughing guy: Oh man, and there I was thinking that we had been building some sort of rapport back then!

Ah well, now you know who I am--a silly little bean! :LOL: I'm gonna be laughing about this one for a while now! Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

You had not,

Been here that long correct?

Well I suppose I still haven't been here for too long! :LOL:

What I remember is that we had been exchanging posts about the good changes that were happening with regard to your work at the time...possibly some other topics, too, but work stands out because you struck me early on as a positive person :)

Ultimately I added you, building up the courage by thinking "f**k it, the worst that can happen is that he'll think I'm crazy!" :smoke:

:LOL: :ebert:

I try to stay positive,

Most of the time. But we all have our moments.

• Like 2

Seventeen years ago, freshly teenaged, I endured perhaps the most painful and impactful event of my life thus far. Of course that act is not what made my day; I am so grateful to have spent Friday celebrating survival and recovery. I am so thankful to be alive, and to have found strength all those years ago. Each year on this day especially, I marvel at human resiliency. I am fortunate to not have been alone in observing today. I also gifted myself a tiny air plant housed in a sea urchin exoskeleton. That’s kind of what I felt like as I recovered--new life in an "old" vessel. :)

Either I failed to find it or we don’t have a support thread related to sexual assault…so I just want to take the opportunity to offer (without expiry) an ear to anyone who is dealing with their own sexual assault or that of a loved one. No one should have to go through that alone.

You are a,

Very strong person. I'm glad you had a good day. But I am also really glad that you are here on the forum. :hug2:

Aww thanks so much, troutman! :blush:

I'm really glad to be here on the forum, too--there are a lot of great people here, yourself included :hug2:

I can still,

Remember the day you added me as a friend. I was like... who is this? :LOL: :P

:laughing guy: Oh man, and there I was thinking that we had been building some sort of rapport back then!

Ah well, now you know who I am--a silly little bean! :LOL: I'm gonna be laughing about this one for a while now! Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

You had not,

Been here that long correct?

Well I suppose I still haven't been here for too long! :LOL:

What I remember is that we had been exchanging posts about the good changes that were happening with regard to your work at the time...possibly some other topics, too, but work stands out because you struck me early on as a positive person :)

Ultimately I added you, building up the courage by thinking "f**k it, the worst that can happen is that he'll think I'm crazy!" :smoke:

:LOL: :ebert:

I try to stay positive,

Most of the time. But we all have our moments.

Right on! :cheers:

That's the troutman I knew on that fateful day when I added you as a friend confused the hell out of you! :16ton:

• Like 3

I don't think my heart can take more of this neighborhood and the goings-on. There were just six cop cars zooming by at top speed, lights flashing and sirens going - to our other friendly neighborhood drug house. :ph34r: Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I don't think my heart can take more of this neighborhood and the goings-on. There were just six cop cars zooming by at top speed, lights flashing and sirens going - to our other friendly neighborhood drug house. :ph34r:

O deary me...anything that you can do about it?

I don't think my heart can take more of this neighborhood and the goings-on. There were just six cop cars zooming by at top speed, lights flashing and sirens going - to our other friendly neighborhood drug house. :ph34r:

O deary me...anything that you can do about it?

From the looks of things, I think it's finally being taken care of. The whole neighborhood is in the middle of the street in front of their respective homes watching.

Except me. I have more important things to do, like being here. ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/Northstar.11.14.15.withDonMurphy_zpsecz05xt2.jpg

Getting on the lift today at Northstar, a guy jumps on with us. He's going on about how beautiful it is, that he's going to ski three resorts today, and that he just has to post a pic on Facebook for his daughter. We lean in, he snaps the shot, and we ask, "So how are things going for her at SDSU?" He's shocked and asks how we know that she's there? He didn't recognize us because of the helmets and goggles, but our daughters are high school pals, I took his daughter to Spain, France and Italy three years ago, and he took our daughter to Mexico! It was great laughs on the lift and fun reminiscing. That's Don on the right.

• Like 6

Hit a deer in a Honda...

With minimal body damage!! Couple blood droplets and a panel sticks out a couple millimeters now. Buck walked away to live another day.

Whew!

It's charity week here in the office. Bake sale, chili cook-off, trivia contest, 5K run/walk, other random games.... it's been declared casual week. We always have a casual Friday (rest of the week is business casual).

I am celebrating by wearing a different :rush: tour shirt every day. Mon was Time Machine, Tues was Power Windows (replica because I didn't attend this one), Wed S&A, and today R40. I saved the newest one for the big trivia contest coming up in about 20 minutes. I hope there's a few questions about Rush, but I bet dollars to donuts there's more questions about the effin Kardashians.

• Like 1

Being back here and knowing that somehow, someday soon, everything will be OK, even though it sort of sucks now. And "sort of sucking" is an improvement over "completely, totally, seriously sucking".

I've missed it here. :)

Edited by Mara
  • Like 7

Being back here and knowing that somehow, someday soon, everything will be OK, even though it sort of sucks now. And "sort of sucking" is an improvement over "completely, totally, seriously sucking".

Welcome back, Mara ! Hope everything continues to improve for you!

I found an old CD I had burned for my daughter's 16th birthday- The Beatles' birthday song; You're 16, You're Beautiful and You're Mine; Sixteen Candles, etc. My husband and I played it really loudly to wake her up on her birthday- boy was she pissed off !! :D :D Good times!
  • Like 5

Hope everything is as well as it can be for you, Mara. Time has a way of straightening out most things.

Getting our power back last night made my day yesterday. It was completely unexpected. I had just gotten off the phone with the electric company and they were telling me three to five days it would be before power was restored.

I was sitting at the kitchen table devouring the Chaluppa my husband had thoughtfully brought home for me from Taco Bell when all of a sudden I heard a noise. I thought to myself, that's funny - it sounds like the furnace. I turned towards the kitchen sink where we have nightlights on each side of it and - lo and behold - they were on!!!

Electricity is a wonderful thing. Life can be awful, especially in the cold, without it.

And a special thank you to Canada for sending down some of their power company crews to help us out.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 7