What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Bought my first suit today.

Cool. But Wow. Surprising.

I've always wanted a suit. Feels like wearing some sort of uniform, and my composure drastically improves :)

Cool. Yeah, maybe I'm just used to wearing school uniforms then years of wearing a suit at work. These days it's mostly just the dress slacks and dress shirts. Ties and jackets are for those rare work events.

You don't strike me as a suit wearing type of man, but I bet you look sharp in one.

Yeah? Thanks. What do I strike you as?

This IS Japan so every male not in a blue collar job is likely wearing a suit or close to it. There's no such thing as "Casual Fridays" (unless you count the occasional company allowing employees to wear a uniform-type polo shirt with the company logo on it on Fridays).

This is basically me every day:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2014/06/16/1226955/429668-73f8c632-f4ca-11e3-8ea9-a081f3513119.jpg

Minus the tie...and gun...and afro...though the afro would be cool.

• Like 1

I've always wanted a suit. Feels like wearing some sort of uniform, and my composure drastically improves :)

Cool. Yeah, maybe I'm just used to wearing school uniforms then years of wearing a suit at work. These days it's mostly just the dress slacks and dress shirts. Ties and jackets are for those rare work events.

I have a suit,

Some where around here. :D

You finally bought matching pants to go with your straightjacket?
  • Like 1

You don't strike me as a suit wearing type of man, but I bet you look sharp in one.

This IS Japan so every male not in a blue collar job is likely wearing a suit or close to it. There's no such thing as "Casual Fridays" (unless you count the occasional company allowing employees to wear a uniform-type polo shirt with the company logo on it on Fridays).

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2014/06/16/1226955/429668-73f8c632-f4ca-11e3-8ea9-a081f3513119.jpg

No need to be hostile.

My comment wasn't meant as an insult and I really am sorry you took it that way.

I wear a suit a minimum of three days a week.

I love the way I feel in a suit!

• Like 1

I had a girlfriend who said that to me all the time :)

She enjoyed wearing them as well?!?

Huehuehue

No need to be hostile.

My comment wasn't meant as an insult and I really am sorry you took it that way.

I don't understand. I wasn't insulted. And I'm not seeing the hostile part.

• Like 1

I had a girlfriend who said that to me all the time :)

She enjoyed wearing them as well?!?

Huehuehue

just the shirts and ties :)

You mean you wore the pants?!?

Wow...

That's a Jericurl, not an afro...know your hairstylin' duuuuude.

:LOL: Sam Jackson is so mesmerizingly cool that I forget right from wrong sometimes.

• Like 2

:LOL: Sam Jackson is so mesmerizingly cool that I forget right from wrong sometimes.

Yeah, that's true! I'm watching all the Tarantino films so far this year. They are just so BLOOOOOOODY! Good time to eat a burger SMOTHERED IN KETCHUP!!!

• Like 3

There's this trail in my city that I never tried until today when I did some walking and exercising. Got a nice view of the the Inland Empire looking southeast as well as going around in a northwest direction looking at the San Gabriel mountains. Only complaint is that there are no water fountains or porta potties.

On top of that, I finished Xmas shopping for mom and sister. Got them Panera and Hulu cards at Target. Gonna get one for my bro in law and baby niece next week.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Yeah, that's true! I'm watching all the Tarantino films so far this year. They are just so BLOOOOOOODY! Good time to eat a burger SMOTHERED IN KETCHUP!!!

http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/301/716/7/S3017167/slug/l/pulp-fiction-royale-with-cheese-1.jpg

"Royale with cheese"

• Like 2

There's this trail in my city that I never tried until today when I did some walking and exercising. Got a nice view of the the Inland Empire looking southeast as well as going around in a northwest direction looking at the San Gabriel mountains. Only complaint is that there are no water fountains or porta potties.

On top of that, I finished Xmas shopping for mom and sister. Got them Panera and Hulu cards at Target. Gonna get one for my bro in law and baby niece next week.

Do you,

Live close to the "Rose Bowl"?

Jules: Good. Looks like me an Vincent caught you boys at breakfast. Sorry about that. Whatcha havin'?

Brett: Hamburgers.

Jules: Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. What kind of hamburgers?

Brett: Ch-cheeseburgers.

Jules: No, no no, where'd you get 'em? McDonalds? Wendy's? Jack in the Box? Where?

Brett: Big Kahuna Burger.

Jules: Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint. I hear they got some tasty burgers. I ain't never had one myself. How are they?

Brett: They're good.

Jules: Mind if I try one of yours? This is yours here, right?

Jules: Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?

Jules: Wanna bite? They're real tasty.

Vincent: Ain't hungry.

Jules: Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?

Brett: No.

Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.

Vincent: A Royale with cheese.

Jules: A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?

Brett: Because of the metric system?

Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart m***********. That's right. The metric system. What's in this?

Brett: Sprite.

Jules: Sprite, good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?

Brett: Go right ahead.

Jules: Ah, hit the spot.

• Like 3

I frikken love Rod Stewart. I could listen to him all day. His music reminds me of a simpler time...when I was a kid with no responsibilities and the world was a more peaceful place.
  • Like 1

I found a Life of Pi DVD at HMV today. I'm reading the book right now. I get to meet the guy who wrote it (Yann Martel) in March at Wordfest. He lives in the province beside ours.
  • Like 2