How far do you live...

treeduck

How far do you live from where you were born?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you live from where you were born?

• I live literally yards away
    • 400 metres
    • 1 mile
    • 2 miles
    • 3 miles
    • 4 miles
    • 5 miles
    • 6-9 miles
    • 10 miles
    • 20 miles
    • 30 miles
    • 40 miles
    • 50 miles
    • 60 miles
    • 70 miles
    • 80 miles
    • 90 miles
    • 100 miles
    • 150 miles
    • 200 miles
    • 250 miles
    • 285.1 miles
    • 300 miles
    • 350 miles
    • 400 miles
    • 500 miles
    • 750 miles
    • 1000 miles
    • 1500 miles
    • 2000 miles
    • 2500 miles
    • 3000 miles
    • 3500 miles
    • 4000 miles
    • 5000 miles
    • 6000 miles
    • 7000 miles
    • 8000 miles
    • 9000 miles
    • 10 thousand miles

Cairo, Egypt, to central Missouri: 6440 miles. I was born while my parents were working overseas. A more fair/telling measure might be: I live about 50 miles from the house I grew up in (ages 2-18), and where my parents still live.

• Like 4

Assuming that I drive through the nightmare called Chicago, it is 577 miles from St. Elizabeth Hospital in Ft. Thomas, KY to my current home in Onalaska, WI.  

(I always go around Chicago..... :smile: )

• Like 2

5 miles and I'm happy about it.

Still have close friends from school that I see at a pub each week and we ski/snowboard a few days a week in the winter months. 

I worked in NYC most of my career and now retired, I'm happy staying put. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Cairo, Egypt, to central Missouri: 6440 miles. I was born while my parents were working overseas. A more fair/telling measure might be: I live about 50 miles from the house I grew up in (ages 2-18), and where my parents still live.

No wonder you're a Liverpool fan.  :wink:

• Like 1

7 1/2 miles east of Pomona,CA which is the same city Tom Waits was born in.

My birth residence is 13 miles southwest of my birthplace in Rowland Heights,CA and minutes east of where the mall from Back to the Future is.  Went there recently after going to a Planet Fitness nearby and it's been hit hard since COVID.  Lot of stores closed at Puente Hills Mall.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

7 1/2 miles east of Pomona,CA which is the same city Tom Waits was born in.

My birth residence is 13 miles southwest of my birthplace in Rowland Heights,CA and minutes east of where the mall from Back to the Future is.  Went there recently after going to a Planet Fitness nearby and it's been hit hard since COVID.  Lot of stores closed at Puente Hills Mall.

And Sugar Shane Mosley!

I was born in Spokane, WA, which is 815 miles from here. Still have family there, but wouldn't want to live there.

I love the South Hill, though

• Like 1

I'm about 700 miles from my birthplace of Aurora, IL, give or take.  Strangely, after we moved to Pittsburgh, we found out the neighbor kids down the street had also been born in Aurora with the same obstetrician. Friends for life (due to other reasons, but yes, friends 50 yrs later still :heart:).  Lived in many states after marriage :biggrin:  (Scientists gonna science)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

According to Google Maps I can get back to my homeland in 40 hours, Maple Falls WA to Anchorage AK. 2,160 miles. Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the wrong place.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, blueschica said:

I'm about 700 miles from my birthplace of Aurora, IL, give or take.  Strangely, after we moved to Pittsburgh, we found out the neighbor kids down the street had also been born in Aurora with the same obstetrician. Friends for life (due to other reasons, but yes, friends 50 yrs later still :heart:).  Lived in many states after marriage :biggrin:  (Scientists gonna science)

Isn't that where Wayne from Wayne's World lives? :wink:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Isn't that where Wayne from Wayne's World lives? :wink:

:biggrin:  Yes! When the movie first came out my mom only heard halfway about it, she thought it was a real thing! She was like "Where can I watch this Wayne show from Aurora?"  :laugh: :laugh:. She wasn't as interested in the movie! 

• Haha 1

I was born near the Vatican, in the center of Rome, and now I live near the Grande Raccordo Anulare, the 68 kms ring around Rome... around 10 miles distant.

• Like 2

From my current abode of Ballyclare Co. Antrim to my birthplace of Bangor Co. Down it's 34 miles. 

I've been here now for 20 years and still feel like a 'blow-in' lol.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 3:45 PM, Nova Carmina said:

I forget: are you native to a college town?

On 3/5/2024 at 8:54 AM, Union 5-3992 said:

I'll never escape WNY

you're married to the mortgage now, bud

enjoy those small town burgers and coffees, this is your spot for the next 40 years

I lived in the city where I was born for 19 years, then I moved about 10-15 miles away, and now I'm 1,400 miles away! I miss my home city, but not my hometown. My new town sucks, too, but rent is cheaper.

Edited by jamie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 78jazz said:

I forget: are you native to a college town?

I grew up in Jefferson City; it's got Lincoln University! It's Columbia now, and that's got maybe a better known school . . .

• Like 1