Geddy: 'There Are Zero Plans To Tour Again'

zappafrank

I knew RUSH was history after seeing the LA Forum show in 2015.

DUH

Thank you Rush for 30 years of music during my existence. 1984-2015.

60 times in 30 years. Perfect.

RUSH FOREVER!

Geddy and Alex are sooo fuckking cool too. Glad I met them a few weeks ago with many of amazing new friends.

• Like 1

Rolling Stone just published this today.

Could There Be Life for Rush Without Neil Peart?

If Journey can play stadiums without Steve Perry, Rush can certainly carry on without Peart.

A horrible analogy. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

Journey is a shell of itself, and the infighting is an embarrassment.

It's actually a great analogy. Ask anyone who the greatest singer in rock is and you'll hear one of two names: Freddie Mercury or Steve Perry.

No you wouldn't get that answer if you asked anyone that question. I'm not a fan of either band so those names wouldn't be on my mind at all. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to say a different name than one of those two.

If Journey can play stadiums without Steve Perry, Rush can certainly carry on without Peart.

It's actually a great analogy. Ask anyone who the greatest singer in rock is and you'll hear one of two names: Freddie Mercury or Steve Perry. And honestly, more people key in to how the singer sounds than anyone else.

The analogy is horrible because of the bands and their respective egos, how they played together and got along with each other, how they broke up and how they get along today. The two bands couldn't be any more different from each other. Steve Perry's voice is irrelevant.

Bullsh*t......go read Neil's odious "Middle 8" section of his last book, while thinking back to how he let the Rush organization know he was retiring (via the press via his daughter) and really consider whether your fantasy of "no controversy in the Rush camp" is really that realistic.

In no way did I say or even suggest that Rush was free from disagreements or conflict. It's perfectly natural for a rock band or any group of artists to have conflicting needs and wants. Based on what we know, the members of Rush have had a great relationship and friendship. They know how to handle disagreements.

My only point was that Rush and Journey have virtually nothing in common, for all the reasons I gave earlier.

It's actually a great analogy. Ask anyone who the greatest singer in rock is and you'll hear one of two names: Freddie Mercury or Steve Perry. And honestly, more people key in to how the singer sounds than anyone else.

The analogy is horrible because of the bands and their respective egos, how they played together and got along with each other, how they broke up and how they get along today. The two bands couldn't be any more different from each other. Steve Perry's voice is irrelevant.

Bullsh*t......go read Neil's odious "Middle 8" section of his last book, while thinking back to how he let the Rush organization know he was retiring (via the press via his daughter) and really consider whether your fantasy of "no controversy in the Rush camp" is really that realistic.

In no way did I say or even suggest that Rush was free from disagreements or conflict. It's perfectly natural for a rock band or any group of artists to have conflicting needs and wants. Based on what we know, the members of Rush have had a great relationship and friendship. They know how to handle disagreements.

My only point was that Rush and Journey have virtually nothing in common, for all the reasons I gave earlier.

Hmmmm......really? Because based on what I've read, I'd be willing to bet that aside from a perfunctory e-mail or two, Ged and Al haven't heard from Neil since Aug 2015.

I agree with the person who pointed out Alex missing notes on the last tour. I saw them twice on R40, once in Chicago and once in Portland. The Chicago show was great, one of the best times I've seen them. But the Portland show was by far the worst. Alex was missing notes all over the place. And Geddy sounded great at both shows I went to, but I watched the R40 blu-ray from Toronto a couple months ago and his voice sounded...rough. Overall the tour was really good but it isn't hard to see the beginning signs of the decline. Personally, I'm glad they went out (relatively) on top rather than hang on for another few years for what would have been diminishing returns as they got older. I saw them 7 times since 2004. I'm good.

I agree with the person who pointed out Alex missing notes on the last tour.

We could always discuss the occasional song in which Alex intentionally skipped some notes..... :outtahere:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

I agree with the person who pointed out Alex missing notes on the last tour. I saw them twice on R40, once in Chicago and once in Portland. The Chicago show was great, one of the best times I've seen them. But the Portland show was by far the worst. Alex was missing notes all over the place.

Portland was a great show.
  • Like 1

We could always discuss the occasional song in which Alex intentionally skipped some notes..... :outtahere:

I used to bust out the "they're improvising!" excuse when I was younger

• Like 1

I used to bust out the "they're improvising!" excuse when I was younger

Alex: "Hey, I'm gonna do it this way......[cause I'm not 25 years old anymore, and I got blisters on my fingers!!]" :LOL:

Put the WHOLE quote out there:

"I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil. But would you see one of us or two of us or three of us? That's possible. …"

So what the heck does that last part mean? If you see "three of us," that by definition is Rush, no?

Seems we only had to wait til Friday to find out...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10102523227010253&set=p.10102523227010253&type=3&theater

• Like 4

"I would say there's no chance of seeing Rush on tour again as Alex, Geddy, Neil. But would you see one of us or two of us or three of us? That's possible. …"

So what the heck does that last part mean? If you see "three of us," that by definition is Rush, no?

https://m.facebook.c...&type=3

Is this a newly taken photo? Good to see Neil looking happy.

• Like 1

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10102523227010253&set=p.10102523227010253&type=3&theater

Is that Kevin Shirley with them?

Yep...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpXI7kNFUW6/

• Like 4

https://m.facebook.c...&type=3

The production on Counterparts is fantastic. Dry rocking a la old Rush but with a modern take.

• Like 1

If you read the comments

Yep...

If you read the comments on there, after reading some posts about producing a new Rush album, Kevin says, “No no people. Just a hello. No silly rumors now please.”

• Like 2

If you read the comments

Yep...

If you read the comments on there, after reading some posts about producing a new Rush album, Kevin says, “No no people. Just a hello. No silly rumors now please.”

Yes, the pic of all three with Kevin Shirley was originally on Stuart Copeland's Instagram but Copeland then took it down due to the wild speculative comments.Nice to see them all looking good, though!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Kevin says, “No no people. Just a hello. No silly rumors now please.”

Too late now. The demon has been let out of the bottle.