Eddie Trunk's top 20 Rush songs

zappafrank

Cannot believe there are people worrying about someone else’s choice of favourite Rush tracks.

What are you guys, 12 years old?

Yet here you are, worrying about people worrying about someone else's choices of favorite Rush music.

;)

• Like 5

Cannot believe there are people worrying about someone else’s choice of favourite Rush tracks.

Yet here you are, worrying about people worrying about someone else's choices of favorite Rush music.

;)

And you worrying about me worrying about others worrying...

:P

;)

dang it!

;)

i didn't even know Tony R was still a thing.

he's a mythical creature who show's up every six months give or take to feed with his hate than disappears into the morning mist. :D :LOL:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

;)

he's a mythical creature who show's up every six months give or take to feed with his hate than disappears into the morning mist. :D :LOL:

Mick

The internet version of the Chupacabras.
  • Like 3

I like Eddie Trunk and think he's a good interviewer. This list is on-brand for him, as he's well-known not to like the '80s synth era much, which is fine.

Personally I think it's great that someone with Eddie's platform is giving Rush this kind of attention at all. That's more important to me than agreeing with every one of his choices.

• Like 4

;)

Mick

I drink your blood.

• Like 1

All this list proves is the mans extreme narcissism and his total self-delusion that anyone gives a flying f**k what he thinks about.....well, anything really.

I like Eddie Trunk and think he's a good interviewer. This list is on-brand for him, as he's well-known not to like the '80s synth era much, which is fine.

Personally I think it's great that someone with Eddie's platform is giving Rush this kind of attention at all. That's more important to me than agreeing with every one of his choices.

Yeah

And given his profession #1 should come as no surprise

Edited by tangy

;)

Mick

If he sees his shadow we get 6 more months of Peart bashing.

• Like 2

My list, save for a small few exceptions, would look so different.

Finding My Way, What You're Doing, and Stick It Out wouldn't get out of the bottom 20.

;)

Mick

The chupacabra usually comes out at night to feed when nobody is around. So, I would say Earl is the forums version of that.

• Like 1

;)

I worried so much because I realised my top twenty has five equal number six's and I had an anxiety attack worrying about you worrying about me worrriying about everybody worrying about worrying

• Like 1

43237936_2405776966106825_7702401977061212160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=60956315bd0e1f4a6fe7102e47680e60&oe=5C1F49E2

Making lists like this is pretty impossible when you love the band as much as I imagine we all do, but here are some quick thoughts:

#1 is way too pedestrian, IMO. Not trying to be snooty, but the song has never blown me away. I get why it's a crowd favorite, but for me it doesn't do much.

Red Barchetta also is too high, IMO. Again, the song doesn't excite me as much as other songs.

On the converse, another obvious choice for #1 - Tom Sawyer - would have been fine by me. Go figure.

La Villa needs to be higher. We're talking top 10.

Interesting to place Jacob's Ladder so high (if at all).

Regardless of level of fandom, the omission of Subdivisions is glaring.

No quibbles that Roll the Bones isn't on there. It's another one of those "take it or leave it" songs for me.

No opinion on Stick It Out being there - I just find it interesting it's there.

For me, the only potential fanboi inclusions would be The Garden or Headlong Flight.

Eddie Trunk should be in Goodfellas.

Yeah put in a trunk. Permanently.
  • Like 1

43237936_2405776966106825_7702401977061212160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=60956315bd0e1f4a6fe7102e47680e60&oe=5C1F49E2

Making lists like this is pretty impossible when you love the band as much as I imagine we all do, but here are some quick thoughts:

#1 is way too pedestrian, IMO. Not trying to be snooty, but the song has never blown me away. I get why it's a crowd favorite, but for me it doesn't do much.

Red Barchetta also is too high, IMO. Again, the song doesn't excite me as much as other songs.

On the converse, another obvious choice for #1 - Tom Sawyer - would have been fine by me. Go figure.

La Villa needs to be higher. We're talking top 10.

Interesting to place Jacob's Ladder so high (if at all).

Regardless of level of fandom, the omission of Subdivisions is glaring.

No quibbles that Roll the Bones isn't on there. It's another one of those "take it or leave it" songs for me.

No opinion on Stick It Out being there - I just find it interesting it's there.

For me, the only potential fanboi inclusions would be The Garden or Headlong Flight.

Eddie Trunk should be in Goodfellas.

Yeah put in a trunk. Permanently.

i would love to have seen joe Pesci just go to town on this guy, lol

"Think ya know metal....ya fukking moron?????!!!"

lol.

i hated that metal show BECAUSE of Trunk. just verbal diarrhea every second.

Mick

• Like 1

I just could not believe the stuff I was reading in this thread (A lot of petty shit in here!).
  • Like 1

Ok these are not in order, they're just in the order I happened to write them down.

1 Fly By Night

2 Cinderella Man

3 Closer to the Heart

4 Hemispheres

5 2112

6 A Passage to Bangkok

7 Bastille Day

8 Circumstances

9 La Villa Strangiato

10 The Spirit of Radio

11 Freewill

12 Jacob's Ladder