Eddie Trunk's top 20 Rush songs

zappafrank

Regardless of level of fandom, the omission of Subdivisions is glaring.

Stick It Out over Subdivisions?

:eh:

But Stick It Out *RAWKS*, man! :P

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=beavis+and+butthead%2c+rush&view=detail&mid=54C9C321943E39C84C0C54C9C321943E39C84C0C&FORM=VIRE

Cannot believe there are people worrying about someone else’s choice of favourite Rush tracks.

What are you guys, 12 years old?

Yet here you are, worrying about people worrying about someone else's choices of favorite Rush music.

;)

i didn't even know Tony R was still a thing.

he's a mythical creature who show's up every six months give or take to feed with his hate than disappears into the morning mist. :D :LOL:

Mick

And you are still annoying self-absorbed, un self-aware twat.

Edited by Tony R

43237936_2405776966106825_7702401977061212160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=60956315bd0e1f4a6fe7102e47680e60&oe=5C1F49E2

Making lists like this is pretty impossible when you love the band as much as I imagine we all do, but here are some quick thoughts:

#1 is way too pedestrian, IMO. Not trying to be snooty, but the song has never blown me away. I get why it's a crowd favorite, but for me it doesn't do much.

Red Barchetta also is too high, IMO. Again, the song doesn't excite me as much as other songs.

On the converse, another obvious choice for #1 - Tom Sawyer - would have been fine by me. Go figure.

La Villa needs to be higher. We're talking top 10.

Interesting to place Jacob's Ladder so high (if at all).

No quibbles that Roll the Bones isn't on there. It's another one of those "take it or leave it" songs for me.

No opinion on Stick It Out being there - I just find it interesting it's there.

For me, the only potential fanboi inclusions would be The Garden or Headlong Flight.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Eddie Trunk is a piece of human shit.

Such a fraud.

Good for you brainwashed millennials to follow his every word and list.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I met Eddie in Vegas after the Scorpions and Queensryche.

I purposely quizzed him for 5 minutes on rock and roll and metal.

The guy is a fuckking fraud.

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

I met all the guys from Queensryche, Mikkey Dee from the Scorps who was so sweet and nice.

Even met Scott Ian that night. Not a big Anthrax fan but he was sooooooo cool!!!!

Eddie Trunk is a skunk. His rock and roll knowledge is that of a rotten walnut.

Real musicians know their shite.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

I can't believe the guy actually talked to you and answered your questions for five minutes. What an asshole! :eh:

43237936_2405776966106825_7702401977061212160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=60956315bd0e1f4a6fe7102e47680e60&oe=5C1F49E2

Making lists like this is pretty impossible when you love the band as much as I imagine we all do, but here are some quick thoughts:

#1 is way too pedestrian, IMO. Not trying to be snooty, but the song has never blown me away. I get why it's a crowd favorite, but for me it doesn't do much.

Red Barchetta also is too high, IMO. Again, the song doesn't excite me as much as other songs.

On the converse, another obvious choice for #1 - Tom Sawyer - would have been fine by me. Go figure.

No quibbles that Roll the Bones isn't on there. It's another one of those "take it or leave it" songs for me.

For me, the only potential fanboi inclusions would be The Garden or Headlong Flight.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

I met all the guys from Queensryche, Mikkey Dee from the Scorps who was so sweet and nice.

Even met Scott Ian that night. Not a big Anthrax fan but he was sooooooo cool!!!!

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

I can't believe the guy actually talked to you and answered your questions for five minutes. What an asshole! :eh:

Seems very unfair to me. It's reasons like this why I get that Peart hates greeting and meeting fans.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

You missed the point. He's putting Trunk down because Trunk thinks he's this great wealth of knowledge when it comes to rock and metal. But all he really knows is the popular old school stuff. He doesn't try to expand his knowledge past that. Once grunge hit in the early 90s Trunk stopped paying attention to metal.

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

You missed the point. He's putting Trunk down because Trunk thinks he's this great wealth of knowledge when it comes to rock and metal. But all he really knows is the popular old school stuff. He doesn't try to expand his knowledge past that. Once grunge hit in the early 90s Trunk stopped paying attention to metal.

to be fair, you see that sort of that on this site as well

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Seems very unfair to me. It's reasons like this why I get that Peart hates greeting and meeting fans.

I've seen a few episodes of That Metal Show and Eddie Trunk always seemed to come across as a pretty good guy. He also seemed to know quite a bit about Metal. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

I've seen a few episodes of That Metal Show and Eddie Trunk always seemed to come across as a pretty good guy. He also seemed to know quite a bit about Metal.

Yep from little i have seen he is alright.

I am a old dude and saw way more headbangers ball with rikki rachtman than trunk.

I am pretty sure i first heard of eddie trunk via the now defunct mike portnoy forum.

Could this shitstorm have originated due to the two being friends.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Oh god yes.

Could I ask what you've been into lately? I've been treading into extreme metal and really liking it. But I want to delve more into it. You like all that stuff don't you?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Oh god yes.

Could I ask what you've been into lately? I've been treading into extreme metal and really liking it. But I want to delve more into it. You like all that stuff don't you?

yeah I just got through listening to death's leprosy

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Oh god yes.

I recently listened to a lot of Death. I got into them as I was listening to Testament again and wanted to find other bands of that era that often get mentioned but I hadn't heard yet. Very impressed.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Oh god yes.

I recently listened to a lot of Death. I got into them as I was listening to Testament again and wanted to find other bands of that era that often get mentioned but I hadn't heard yet. Very impressed.

if you're into the earlier, campier, heavier stuff, you should check out possessed's seven churches. I hear a ton of that record in the first 2 death albums

if you're into the jazzier, technical shit found on spiritual healing and the rest of chuck's discography, check out the first two atheist albums (piece of time, unquestionable presence), cynic's focus (more of a jazz record than death metal), nocturnus' the key (sci-fi themed keyboard laden death metal fronted/composed by the original morbid angel drummer), demilich's nespithe (vocals might be hard to get into even for death metal standards, but the ridiculousness is up my alley)

totally not death metal but one of chuck's main influences was watchtower, arguably the first prog metal band (they were playing essentially rush-meets-thrash while guys like queensryche and fates warning were still basically maiden clones). energetic disassembly and control & resistance are amazing, and I like them more than anything by queensryche, dream theater, etc

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Oh god yes.

if you're into the earlier, campier, heavier stuff, you should check out possessed's seven churches. I hear a ton of that record in the first 2 death albums

if you're into the jazzier, technical shit found on spiritual healing and the rest of chuck's discography, check out the first two atheist albums (piece of time, unquestionable presence), cynic's focus (more of a jazz record than death metal), nocturnus' the key (sci-fi themed keyboard laden death metal fronted/composed by the original morbid angel drummer), demilich's nespithe (vocals might be hard to get into even for death metal standards, but the ridiculousness is up my alley)

totally not death metal but one of chuck's main influences was watchtower, arguably the first prog metal band (they were playing essentially rush-meets-thrash while guys like queensryche and fates warning were still basically maiden clones). energetic disassembly and control & resistance are amazing, and I like them more than anything by queensryche, dream theater, etc

There was an album I loved, by a thrash band with a prog side, in the 80s with a name based after river. The album, if I remember correctly, had a metal version of Rite Of Spring by Stravinski. I have forgotten the name of the band and have been looking for it everywhere! It was a really fantastic album!!

I recently listened to early Meshuggah and loved it. Very strong debut album. I currently am enjoying the last three Behemoth albums, and have had a great time listening to Emperor and Celtic Frost again.

But yeah...if you know that band and album I mentioned above would be much appreciated because I cannot find it!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Oh god yes.

There was an album I loved, by a thrash band with a prog side, in the 80s with a name based after river. The album, if I remember correctly, had a metal version of Rite Of Spring by Stravinski. I have forgotten the name of the band and have been looking for it everywhere! It was a really fantastic album!!

I recently listened to early Meshuggah and loved it. Very strong debut album. I currently am enjoying the last three Behemoth albums, and have had a great time listening to Emperor and Celtic Frost again.

But yeah...if you know that band and album I mentioned above would be much appreciated because I cannot find it!

of course dude, it's mekong delta. they're f***ing killer

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

Oh god yes.

of course dude, it's mekong delta. they're f***ing killer

THANK YOU SO f***ing MUCH!!!

I loved that album!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

:laughing guy:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Such a fraud.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Don't believe me.

Don't care.

Useless.

Eddie Dump sucks arse.

So once people hit their 30s and 40s, it’s possible they don’t follow the latest musical trends?

Edited by Rick N. Backer
  • Like 1