Chester Bennington (linkin park) commits suicide

Rushman14

TL, DR. I believe 100% that you are the cause of your son's depression and suicidal thoughts.

Jesus christ, what the fuck? Do you actually read back the garbage you post and think "hmm, yeah that was a great idea, I'm glad I got him to see my side through a calm and reasonable discussion."

I got upset with some of HemiBeer/Earl's ideas because I disagreed with them but this is the only objectively terrible thing to be posted in this thread.

• Like 4

I never really cared for this band, but it's sad to hear that anyone ever felt driven to end their own life. RIP.

I think (but admit I don't know) that the people who are suggesting his actions were selfish are themselves parents, and perhaps those who are completely outraged by such a suggestion are not. A parent who is truly invested in their child's life ordinarily realizes that you must put your own happiness to the side for theirs, no matter what the cost to you. And I suspect that's what they mean. But I don't mean to suggest I can speak for them.

Just my $0.02.

• Like 1

Apparently I wasn't the only one who called Chester a "coward" for his selfish act. Brian "Head" Welch, the guitarist from KORN also called Chester a coward on his Facebook page. Is he wrong too?

I'm not ok with either Cornell's or Chester's ending, but it seems that Cornell's was a build-up of frustration mixed with the effects from his meds. Chester's was not only a copycat of Chris', but he did it on Chris' birthday which is a dick move in my book. Like he wants to ride Chris's coattails.

In case you aren't aware, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were extremely close friends. Chesters band mates did report that after he got the news that Chris had committed suicide, something inside him just snapped....it truly is an awful situation :(

I'm still in utter disbelief at the amount of hate Chester is getting on Facebook. I even saw a post that f***ing said that they were glad he killed himself. f**k people. Seriously.

I was aware they were friends. And no, I'm not glad he killed himself and anyone that says they are assholes. I guess what bothers me is that Chris's was a spur of the moment thing and Chester had time to think, and actually plan it. If he had the time to think about it, it's really disappointing that he still came to his final conclusion. It's one thing if your life is utter shit and you don't have friends and family support. It's another when you have all the means and support available to help and you make the worst choice.

How the hell do you know what either of these men were thinking? You're out of line. The best anyone can do after these type of tragedies is hope the best for the families.

We're all just thinking out loud trying to make sense of this.

If I said I'm glad Chester died, that's out of line.

If someone said that they hope my son commits suicide, that's out of line. (which in fact they did say).

If we can't freely share our thoughts on here, then there's no f***ing point of this forum is there?

It's not like I gave Chester the rope...just words on an internet forum that didn't harm anyone.

Chill out.

Uh, I most absolutley did NOT f***ing say that I hope your son dies. What I said was that if your son had been suffering from suicidal ideations and after I just saw his father bash and insult someone who JUST ended their lives due to depression, it dosen't take a genius to put two and two together and think... "Hmmm....because HemiBeers just insulted the shit and shamed the shit out of someone for killing themselves due to depression and he said that his son went through suicidal ideations. Wouldn't it be natural to assume that if your disgusting post is how you really think about people who are depressed or commit suicide, that all you're doing is making him feel WORSE than he already was?"

TL, DR. I believe 100% that you are the cause of your son's depression and suicidal thoughts.

t**t

• Like 1

Apparently I wasn't the only one who called Chester a "coward" for his selfish act. Brian "Head" Welch, the guitarist from KORN also called Chester a coward on his Facebook page. Is he wrong too?

I'm not ok with either Cornell's or Chester's ending, but it seems that Cornell's was a build-up of frustration mixed with the effects from his meds. Chester's was not only a copycat of Chris', but he did it on Chris' birthday which is a dick move in my book. Like he wants to ride Chris's coattails.

In case you aren't aware, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were extremely close friends. Chesters band mates did report that after he got the news that Chris had committed suicide, something inside him just snapped....it truly is an awful situation :(

I'm still in utter disbelief at the amount of hate Chester is getting on Facebook. I even saw a post that f***ing said that they were glad he killed himself. f**k people. Seriously.

I was aware they were friends. And no, I'm not glad he killed himself and anyone that says they are assholes. I guess what bothers me is that Chris's was a spur of the moment thing and Chester had time to think, and actually plan it. If he had the time to think about it, it's really disappointing that he still came to his final conclusion. It's one thing if your life is utter shit and you don't have friends and family support. It's another when you have all the means and support available to help and you make the worst choice.

How the hell do you know what either of these men were thinking? You're out of line. The best anyone can do after these type of tragedies is hope the best for the families.

If someone said that they hope my son commits suicide, that's out of line. (which in fact they did say).

If we can't freely share our thoughts on here, then there's no f***ing point of this forum is there?

It's not like I gave Chester the rope...just words on an internet forum that didn't harm anyone.

Chill out.

Uh, I most absolutley did NOT f***ing say that I hope your son dies. What I said was that if your son had been suffering from suicidal ideations and after I just saw his father bash and insult someone who JUST ended their lives due to depression, it dosen't take a genius to put two and two together and think... "Hmmm....because HemiBeers just insulted the shit and shamed the shit out of someone for killing themselves due to depression and he said that his son went through suicidal ideations. Wouldn't it be natural to assume that if your disgusting post is how you really think about people who are depressed or commit suicide, that all you're doing is making him feel WORSE than he already was?"

I'm all in favor of brutal honesty but that last part is way out of line. You know nothing of the relationship between him and his son. There's no way you can come to that conclusion.

• Like 2

fraroc, c'mon

Don't you find it a bit hypocritical for you to post something with the sole intent of hurting another person ??

A human being killed himself, and whether we are fans of the music is irrelevant at this point .. a man died, and we're here trying to make some sense of it ( which is impossible ) because in each of our own individual lives, this tragedy strikes a chord ..

We are all bonded together by life - and that, unfortunately, includes tragedy .. Lashing out at someone who has experienced a child who is suicidal is something you will look back on with shame ..

The reason why I'm being so mean right now is because HemiBeers seriously needs to wake up and realize how hurtful his first post was. For him to say that kind of shit about someone who just ended their life is way more disgusting and out of line that anything I'm saying right now.

Him saying that his son also went through suicidal ideations and depression honestly makes it ten times worse, as he has someone very close to him going through depression. Does his son really need to hear his father call someone who JUST committed suicide a "selfish coward?"

I never really cared for this band, but it's sad to hear that anyone ever felt driven to end their own life. RIP.

I think (but admit I don't know) that the people who are suggesting his actions were selfish are themselves parents, and perhaps those who are completely outraged by such a suggestion are not. A parent who is truly invested in their child's life ordinarily realizes that you must put your own happiness to the side for theirs, no matter what the cost to you. And I suspect that's what they mean. But I don't mean to suggest I can speak for them.

Just my $0.02.

I have 2 sons. I would kill to defend them. I have also been in the eye of the maelstrom of depression and I have had thoughts that would whiten your f***ing hair overnight, when you TRULY believe that their life will improve a thousand-fold if you were not in it.

Ok, THIS is how close....

You haven't slept for months, it's 3am, you walk into the garage, you know the drill, you've gone over it again and again and again, you start preparing, utterly calm(scarily so).

Then the dog licks your hand. Like a finger-click, you're back to reality or normality. You creep upstairs, ashamed, confused, exhausted. Wf

Wife asks are you ok, you say, "yeah, just went for a glass of water". You wait for morning. Enough is enough. Help is needed.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy or the any of the obnoxious, self-serving bell-ends on this forum.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

The reason why I'm being so mean right now is because HemiBeers seriously needs to wake up and realize how hurtful his first post was. For him to say that kind of shit about someone who just ended their life is way more disgusting and out of line that anything I'm saying right now.

Him saying that his son also went through suicidal ideations and depression honestly makes it ten times worse, as he has someone very close to him going through depression. Does his son really need to hear his father call someone who JUST committed suicide a "selfish coward?"

I would not miss you if you got banned. You are disgusting.

• Like 2

ok, just stumbled in here to see what was going on and apparently there's some raging.

I was having a nice weekend and will continue to have a nice weekend.

I'm over Chester and his bullshit.

Fraroc, here's a stick if you still feel the therapeutic need to turn my posts into a pinata. When you're done, go f**k yourself with it.

:beathorse:

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

Wow. Some of you need to say "R.I.P." and then leave it at that. Some disgraceful behaviour in here.

Mental illness is not something that can just pass on by at any given time. It's not something a doctor can operate on. It's not something that you just take pills to forget and put a smile back on your face so easily. It can be the absolute worst kind of disease imaginable.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Calling this some kind of copycat act or underestimating just how horrific mental illness can be is so far out of touch that it's almost sickening. Grow up.

• Like 2

Chill out.

I advise you to edit this and apologize. This is out of line. If was the admin you would be in a time out right now.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I couldn't just shut my mouth and ignore what he said about Chester. Especially after he mentioned his son having suicidal thoughts himself.

No one who suffers from mental illness should ever have to face that kind of ignorance from their family and frankly there are a lot of parents out there who contribute to their children having depression by being very similar to hemibeers.

Imagine if someone tried to downplay your issues and tell you that you're only doing it for attention. That wouldn't feel good at all, now would it?

Edited by fraroc

I'm sorry, but I couldn't just shut my mouth and ignore what he said about Chester. Especially after he mentioned his son having suicidal thoughts himself.

No one who suffers from mental illness should ever have to face that kind of ignorance from their family and frankly there are a lot of parents out there who contribute to their children having depression by being very similar to hemibeers.

Imagine if someone tried to downplay your issues and tell you that you're only doing it for attention. That wouldn't feel good at all, now would it?

Attacking a person directly can not compare to someone posting an opinion about a person neither of you know. You're wrong, figure it out.

• Like 1

Just my $0.02.

I have 2 sons. I would kill to defend them. I have also been in the eye of the maelstrom of depression and I have had thoughts that would whiten your f***ing hair overnight, when you TRULY believe that their life will improve a thousand-fold if you were not in it.

You haven't slept for months, it's 3am, you walk into the garage, you know the drill, you've gone over it again and again and again, you start preparing, utterly calm(scarily so).

Then the dog licks your hand. Like a finger-click, you're back to reality or normality. You creep upstairs, ashamed, confused, exhausted. Wf

Wife asks are you ok, you say, "yeah, just went for a glass of water". You wait for morning. Enough is enough. Help is needed.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy or the any of the obnoxious, self-serving bell-ends on this forum.

Absolutely! It's called unconditional love that you have for your offspring. I too would kill to defend my two daughters. I would do anything for them. That's just common sense.

When my marriage was failing my business was also failing. Everything in my blessed life turned into darkness and depression. I too had suicidal thoughts. I was wise enough to get help on my own freewill. I came out a better and stronger person for it. Some never can come back to full strength. I did. I am blessed for that. Today I am happily divorced and my company is thriving. Life is wonderful again. We all hit rock bottom at least once in our lives. For me it was one hell of a wake up call.

• Like 1

Attacking a person directly can not compare to someone posting an opinion about a person neither of you know. You're wrong, figure it out.

I know that it wasn't a good thing I said, but I really couldn't stand idly by when it's something that affects me personally. I didn't know Chester, chester didn't know me, but I've had depression and anxiety for years. I've been to the point where I lost the will to live several times.

All I really want is for HemiBeers to re-evaluate some things about depression because whether he'd like to admit it or not, the things he said were very damaging and hurtful to someone suffering from depression or anxiety.

When people downplay my issues I have faith they mean well and I am grateful they don't get it. When I get upset it's because in that moment I can't cope, not because I think they are a disgrace.

I apologised for me freakout the other night. I said far too much.

This death hit me hard. But at the same time, I accept had my life been different I may have a very different point of view.

The world isn't seen through one pair of eyes.

• Like 1

I know that it wasn't a good thing I said, but I really couldn't stand idly by when it's something that affects me personally. I didn't know Chester, chester didn't know me, but I've had depression and anxiety for years. I've been to the point where I lost the will to live several times.

All I really want is for HemiBeers to re-evaluate some things about depression because whether he'd like to admit it or not, the things he said were very damaging and hurtful to someone suffering from depression or anxiety.

You can't punish people into seeing things your way. In fact, it does the opposite.

• Like 2

Just my $0.02.

I don't, huh?

Because a fellow TRFer said Bennington was a coward, you blamed him for their kid's suicide attempts?! Then, your excuse is that you want that TRFer to re-evaluate what HE said?! Re-evaluate what HE said?!

There were others in this thread that said similar things about Bennington (or at least agreed) but you didn't attack them. You didn't because you didn't have any sensitive info to use against them like you did with HemiBeers.

You said you've lost the will to live several times yet you're blaming someone here for driving their son to it?! This isn't about HemiBeers. This is about you wrestling your own demons and pointing the blame somewhere. On someone. ANYWHERE.

• Like 3

Because a fellow TRFer said Bennington was a coward, you blamed him for their kid's suicide attempts?! Then, your excuse is that you want that TRFer to re-evaluate what HE said?! Re-evaluate what HE said?!

There were others in this thread that said similar things about Bennington (or at least agreed) but you didn't attack them. You didn't because you didn't have any sensitive info to use against them like you did with HemiBeers.

You said you've lost the will to live several times yet you're blaming someone here for driving their son to it?! This isn't about HemiBeers. This is about you wrestling your own demons and pointing the blame somewhere. On someone. ANYWHERE.

I think a line has been crossed and I wouldn't miss him if he was thrown across it, out of sight.

• Like 1

It's hard to fathom for most of us, because we do not have the mental illness that would lead us to want to take our lives.

No way a rational thinking person does this. It is a horrible condition and my sympathy goes out to his loved ones and all his adoring fans around the world.

I enjoyed some of their music and recently introduced their first few albums to my 12 year old son. It is a shame this happened.

RIP Chester. Your music will live on forever.

• Like 3

Just my $0.02.

Sorry to hear this, sincerely, hope you have all the love around you to bring you through, its a cliche yet I hope its true at least.

I agree with you. I have worked in mental health part of getting the gig was going through shit and surviving lol.

The stuff I have witnessed and seen with people I have met, has moulded a certain point of view, I guess. Its ironic that people here are saying suicide and their attempts are "selfish" because in my experience people who have attempted or done this type of thing have vast issues, but they always think of others as being better off without them (or their reasoning is totally gone; psychosis) - most are the most unselfish people I have ever met. They genuinely believe others will be better off without them, is that selfish an excuse? I m not sure.

What some people have gone through and come back from and yet have to live with, astounds me. Brutalised vulnerable and at the end, some how, most get through it. An inspiration for sure. Just hope we one day we crack a balance between spotting things and people reaching out.

A lot (not all) of mental health issues are caused by people, and then others stigmatise or judge those people with the mental health issues, having little insight.

Humanity has so much more to learn.

It gets me mad when some suggest trite things such as money or fame as being the answer. I have no monopoly on how people should be or how wrong their actions are, having no special insight....I just don't, and Im not going to cast judgement now.

Anyway all the best mate.

:rose: Chester.

• Like 9

Fraroc, I almost posted three times in this thread. Had three drafts, kept editing them, didn't like any of it. Probably because others in here have already said it better, and some of them spoke from experience. But Ancient Ways makes a key point to you up there:

"Attacking a person directly can not compare to someone posting an opinion about a person neither of you know. You're wrong, figure it out."

Suicide is a tough subject to talk about. Some can relate, some can express sympathy, while others look to lay blame. Some in this thread have made posts that rubbed others the wrong way, but you, fraroc, attacked someone for their opinion, and your attack was personal and it was pretty nasty. I don't care where you're coming from as far as depression, you made an awful post at Hemi.

You ruffle a lot of feathers on this board, fraroc. At this point, I hope you're not still wondering why. It's not too late to fix that. I would advise you to make that happen.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 4

I admit it....what I said about HemiBeers was awful. I should have tried to get my points across in a civilized manner....but I let my anger take over me. And I posted while I was very pissed off and not thinking straight....I knew I should have cooled down first...

When it comes to the topic of suicide and depression, i have battled depression most of my life and I've had many friends and acquaintances that have gone through similar things that Chester Bennington went through. When I saw what HemiBeers posted, it hurt me....it hurt me on a very personal level and I just lost control of my anger and decided to hurt him back as opposed to just disagreeing....I lost control of myself again....

It was a total dick move for me...I know I'm better than that, and if not, I want to be better than that....

I am so sorry HemiBeers...I was such an asshole.... you didn't deserve what I gave you...Im so sorry that I accused you of not loving your son....I'm sorry for saying you were responsible for his depression....

• Like 7