Chester Bennington (linkin park) commits suicide

Rushman14

He was friends with Chris Cornell and sang at his funeral.

Today is what would have been Chris' 53rd birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfgvqXbNs94

Rest in Peace Chester and Chris :rose:

Oh, man...

"in the end it doesn't really matter"

unless you have 6 kids :(

I've lost patience and empathy with people like Chris and Chester who choose to take their lives despite having all the means and family support to get through their struggles. How many kids do you need to have to convince you not to kill yourself? There's nothing romantic or poetic about the 'rockstar suicide'...it's just selfish self-delusional bullshit. Your kids don't care about your rockstar status...they'd be fine if you just quit and became couch potato dad. Instead, at some point during their grieving /recovery process, they are probably going to think of you as a selfish dick.

Chester, this was totally a copycat suicide of Chris's and you had two months to get help. That's f***ing lame to leave your 6 kids behind like this.

It's one thing to do the final deed if your physical health is seriously declining or you don't have the support or means to help you. But I'm not finding sympathy when there's so many thousands of people that are worse off, but still fight the fight every day.

Not the most politically correct post but so be it.

I completely understand where you're coming from here. But this death and Cornell's just goes to show you that no amount of money, fame or family can help someone who has deep mental and emotional issues that they just can't overcome. Who's to say Chester didn't do everything he could to get himself well but nothing ever helped. I didn't know about the abuse he experienced as a kid. But unless someone has experienced that themselves, we have no idea what kind of inner torture he was carrying all these years. Obviously, what that was must have become too much for him. If six kids and millions of adoring fans couldn't turn him away from taking his own life then nothing was gonna save him.

6 kids and millions of fans may have made things worse in a weird way because its just more people that dont understand whatever mental anguish he was going through. We dont know, its hard to truely look at a situation through someone elses eyes. So important not to judge. (Speaking generally, not directed at the quoted post)

I admit it....what I said about HemiBeers was awful. I should have tried to get my points across in a civilized manner....but I let my anger take over me. And I posted while I was very pissed off and not thinking straight....I knew I should have cooled down first...

When it comes to the topic of suicide and depression, i have battled depression most of my life and I've had many friends and acquaintances that have gone through similar things that Chester Bennington went through. When I saw what HemiBeers posted, it hurt me....it hurt me on a very personal level and I just lost control of my anger and decided to hurt him back as opposed to just disagreeing....I lost control of myself again....

It was a total dick move for me...I know I'm better than that, and if not, I want to be better than that....

I am so sorry HemiBeers...I was such an asshole.... you didn't deserve what I gave you...Im so sorry that I accused you of not loving your son....I'm sorry for saying you were responsible for his depression....

bravo fraroc