What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My child and their spouse both worked for the same company and both have been let go. Their company is liquidating due to being closed so long for corona virus so everyone is losing their jobs. Each of them should be able to find something else (fingers crossed!) but I hate to see them go through this.

My nephew worked for the same company for over twenty years and was let go on account of this virus. He's really depressed about it since he is already 50 and it would be hard to find another job that will pay the same at his age.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug2: So many are being affected by this and it seems like for years to come also. I agree, 50 is a hard age to have to start over again.

I’ve not worked since mid-March...

The NY / NJ area is just starting to come back.

Just in time for the pending resurgence, lol!

I’ve written this year off and am pretty confident for things to pick up.

Well, it did give me time for a massive Dylan marathon.

Silver linings!

:) :) :)

:hug2: Gotta go for the Dylan! That's a great silver lining. :heart:

Too Many silver linings not to stay focused on them! :)
  • Like 1

This may be small potatoes but missing my sweet Minnie cat, has been a year since we let her go to the Rainbow Bridge. :rose: :(

This may be small potatoes but missing my sweet Minnie cat, has been a year since we let her go to the Rainbow Bridge. :rose: :(

That's so sad.

When we moved here, I had only one cat left - Katie - she was 16 and, even though she found it hard to get around, was in decent shape. She survived being put in a cat carrier (the first time in her life) and the 15 mile ride. However, when she got here she was so scared that she wouldn't move. I fixed up a catbox for her and put out food and water and left her, for the time being, in the bathroom with the door open. We had to go back out and, when we arrived back home, she had walked out of the bathroom and peed on the hardwood floor in the living room. I cleaned it up the best I could and put her back in the bathroom and closed the door. The lady that helped me move showed up and I told her what Katie did and added that if she continued doing this, I'd have no option but to have her euthanized.

We went out for a few hours to look for furniture. When I got home, the first thing I noticed was Katie's bed in the garbage can on the porch. I went inside and the bathroom door was wide open and Katie was gone - her cat carrier was gone - her food and water dish gone.

Long story short, the woman took it upon herself to bring my cat who-knows-where and have her killed. I was devastated. What made it worse, was my husband, who never lifted a finger in 30 years to help with the cats, took it upon himself to rub what I did in.

http:// https://www.dailybulletin.com/2020/07/09/laemmles-claremont-5-movie-theater-closed-by-coronavirus-is-for-sale/

In the town where I grew up and I saw many movies there. Went opening day in July 2007 to see Sicko after I went to see Simpsons Movie on opening day at some other theater. Last one I saw there was Blinded By The Light. Closest one to me is Pasadena although one in Azusa is being planned. Still sucks, though. Only thing that would make up for it is an Arclight in the Inland or even more eastern San Gabriel area. Been to the ones in Hollywood, Santa Monica and Pasadena and they’re the best in experience and variety in movies. Closest theater to me is the Ontario Regal 14 but they don’t care about smaller movies.

Edited by invisible airwave

That's so sad.

When we moved here, I had only one cat left - Katie - she was 16 and, even though she found it hard to get around, was in decent shape. She survived being put in a cat carrier (the first time in her life) and the 15 mile ride. However, when she got here she was so scared that she wouldn't move. I fixed up a catbox for her and put out food and water and left her, for the time being, in the bathroom with the door open. We had to go back out and, when we arrived back home, she had walked out of the bathroom and peed on the hardwood floor in the living room. I cleaned it up the best I could and put her back in the bathroom and closed the door. The lady that helped me move showed up and I told her what Katie did and added that if she continued doing this, I'd have no option but to have her euthanized.

We went out for a few hours to look for furniture. When I got home, the first thing I noticed was Katie's bed in the garbage can on the porch. I went inside and the bathroom door was wide open and Katie was gone - her cat carrier was gone - her food and water dish gone.

Long story short, the woman took it upon herself to bring my cat who-knows-where and have her killed. I was devastated. What made it worse, was my husband, who never lifted a finger in 30 years to help with the cats, took it upon himself to rub what I did in.

That's awful! Oh Lorraine, your poor kitty and sad you. I'm so sorry you had to adjust to that along with an ill husband and a big move. Not quite sure what to say about a person who would do that. :hug2: :hug2:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

:hug2: The loss of a pet is painful. Only time will lessen the hurt. :hug2:

• Like 2

That's so sad.

That's awful! Oh Lorraine, your poor kitty and sad you. I'm so sorry you had to adjust to that along with an ill husband and a big move. Not quite sure what to say about a person who would do that.

:hug2: :(

• Like 1

my headphones took a dump :rage:

R.I.P.

Really? I had no idea there were headphones with a digestive system.

I meant my headphones stopped working lol
  • Like 3

R.I.P.

1ikde0.gif

:spitwater:

R.I.P.

Happened to me many times. Moral of the story, NEVER get one from 99 cent store.

Get ten.
  • Like 3

R.I.P.

Happened to me many times. Moral of the story, NEVER get one from 99 cent store.

Get ten.

:laughing guy:
  • Like 1

R.I.P.

Get ten.

:laughing guy:

One for every week! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I think I've posted this before, but the realization that the husband I once had is gone and never coming back is devastating. Instead of a man who is capable of intelligent conversations, I'm left with a man who sits and watches videos about mummies, sunken boats and treasures, monkeys, polar bears, and gorillas, and who is good only at small talk.

I think I've posted this before, but the realization that the husband I once had is gone and never coming back is devastating. Instead of a man who is capable of intelligent conversations, I'm left with a man who sits and watches videos about mummies, sunken boats and treasures, monkeys, polar bears, and gorillas, and who is good only at small talk.

Sorry for what you're going through... :hug2: Loss is difficult...

• Like 3

That's so sad.

Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry, what a dreadful thing to have happen. I am shocked that someone would take it upon themselves to take a precious pet away from you, without considering your feelings. You had just moved your whole life to a new place and to have Katie kidnapped was cruel beyond words. I wish I knew what I could do to help you, this is just so terrible. If it was me, that woman wouldn't dare show herself or I'd wring her neck!

I was so hoping the change of place would help you and you said there would be some family nearby to help. It reminds me of my divorce, I felt like he was a stranger as we grew apart and wondered how I never knew the real guy. Your situation is worse because he is there but the real person has left. I will keep you in my thoughts, take care :hug2:

• Like 1

Today is another day artists aren't paid fairly for music, just like yesterday, and probably just like tomorrow. Yet somehow the vampiric major labels are still afloat...

That's so sad.

Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry, what a dreadful thing to have happen. I am shocked that someone would take it upon themselves to take a precious pet away from you, without considering your feelings. You had just moved your whole life to a new place and to have Katie kidnapped was cruel beyond words. I wish I knew what I could do to help you, this is just so terrible. If it was me, that woman wouldn't dare show herself or I'd wring her neck!

I was so hoping the change of place would help you and you said there would be some family nearby to help. It reminds me of my divorce, I felt like he was a stranger as we grew apart and wondered how I never knew the real guy. Your situation is worse because he is there but the real person has left. I will keep you in my thoughts, take care :hug2:

My husband has had two strokes on each side of his brain. The last stroke did him in mentally.

This has nothing to do with anyone helping me or support. This has to do with living with a man who is no longer an adult in many ways and is no longer capable of any meaningful conversation. If we had nothing else, he always was a good listening ear and saw things often in a better way than I did. I could talk to him about things. That's all gone now. Now I talk to myself.

Edited by Lorraine

That's so sad.

My husband has had two strokes on each side of his brain. The last stroke did him in mentally.

This has nothing to do with anyone helping me or support. This has to do with living with a man who is no longer an adult in many ways and is no longer capable of any meaningful conversation. If we had nothing else, he always was a good listening ear and saw things often in a better way than I did. I could talk to him about things. That's all gone now. Now I talk to myself.

I know that you face this all alone and I thought I remembered you saying your move would put you in closer proximity of some relatives who you could get help from, it would be nice to know you do have support. I can't imagine how hard it has been and you have endured so much. I only wish I could do something more for you like Nova Carmina said. :( :hug2:

• Like 4