What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Hi everyone. I will be on and off here the next 10 days or so. My beloved dad, age 90, passed away suddenly Monday morning. He was in the hospital for a brief procedure and unexpectedly passed. It is a consolation to my family that it was the way he wanted to go- he often mentioned that be hoped to be here one day and gone the next. We sure do miss him, though.

He grew up in a time so long ago that he and his cousins would still find arrowheads in the fields near his house. He was the friendliest, most open minded person I have met. He raised his 3 daughters to hunt, fish, and drive on icy roads in a time when not all dads did that. He was a naval officer and served his country during the Korean war. Above all, he taught us to always be kind. Love you, dad.

Thanks, everyone, for making TRF my happy place. :)

blueschica, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a Dad. Just from reading your posts I can see you have such a loving and thoughtful way about you, and I'm sure you got that from your Dad. I hope you find solace in your family and your tons of friends here at TRF.

:rose: :rose: :hug2:

Edited by Daylin
  • Like 3

Hi everyone. I will be on and off here the next 10 days or so. My beloved dad, age 90, passed away suddenly Monday morning. He was in the hospital for a brief procedure and unexpectedly passed. It is a consolation to my family that it was the way he wanted to go- he often mentioned that be hoped to be here one day and gone the next. We sure do miss him, though.

He grew up in a time so long ago that he and his cousins would still find arrowheads in the fields near his house. He was the friendliest, most open minded person I have met. He raised his 3 daughters to hunt, fish, and drive on icy roads in a time when not all dads did that. He was a naval officer and served his country during the Korean war. Above all, he taught us to always be kind. Love you, dad.

Dear Becky,

I am so very sorry for your loss.

The love you have for your dad has been so obvious through your posts over the years.

How fortunate, indeed was he to have such a loving and respectful daughter such as you.

A true testimony to him as well.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and in my prayers.

God bless you.

-TC3

• Like 3

BC, I sorry to hear of your father's passing. A blessing that he got to leave this Earth as he'd hoped, and how wonderful that you have such great memories of him to cherish. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

:hug2:

• Like 3

blueschica, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a Dad. Just from reading your posts I can see you have such a loving and thoughtful way about you, and I'm sure you got that from your Dad. I hope you find solace in your family and your tons of friends here at TRF.

:rose: :rose: :hug2:

Thanks so much, kind Daylin. Yes, family being around and TRF are a great comfort. ❤

• Like 2

Dear Becky,

I am so very sorry for your loss.

The love you have for your dad has been so obvious through your posts over the years.

How fortunate, indeed was he to have such a loving and respectful daughter such as you.

A true testimony to him as well.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and in my prayers.

God bless you.

-TC3

Thank you, Cat, although you are too kind. We were the lucky ones to have had so much time with him. Things look different now but will be ok after a while, I hope. I appreciate the prayers. ❤

• Like 3

BC, I sorry to hear of your father's passing. A blessing that he got to leave this Earth as he'd hoped, and how wonderful that you have such great memories of him to cherish. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

:hug2:

Thank you so much, goose. We have been certainly enjoying the memories with each other. I appreciate the condolences. ❤

• Like 2

I’m sorry to hear that, bluesy.

This isn’t the first time you’ve mentioned him in such a positive way so I can imagine what an important person he was. What a great treasure to have so many strong, happy memories together. :rose:

• Like 2

I’m sorry to hear that, bluesy.

This isn’t the first time you’ve mentioned him in such a positive way so I can imagine what an important person he was. What a great treasure to have so many strong, happy memories together. :rose:

Thanks so much, JB. Yes, memories are getting us through right now. We were lucky to have so many years to make them.❤

• Like 2

Please accept my most heart-felt condolences in you and your families time of need. I home your memories remain fond and everlasting.

Thank you, TW! I appreciate it.❤

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Just saw your post, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Father . You have spoken fondly of him often here at TRF and your love and pride of him shone through. Bless you as you grieve his passing, thanks to him for serving our Country. Wish I could give you a real hug but this will have to do :hug2:. :rose:

• Like 2

Bless you and your family and all who loved him and were loved by him. We're thinking about you.

• Like 2

Just saw your post, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Father . You have spoken fondly of him often here at TRF and your love and pride of him shone through. Bless you as you grieve his passing, thanks to him for serving our Country. Wish I could give you a real hug but this will have to do :hug2:. :rose:

Thank you so much for the comforting words, Rhyta, and the hug. ❤ I truly appreciate them.

• Like 2

Bless you and your family and all who loved him and were loved by him. We're thinking about you.

Thank you very much, Nova. I appreciate the support from you and the others here. TRF is really a special group of people. ❤

• Like 3

Aww, Becky, that's so sad. That's the way to go though, and that's the way I hope I go too.

Your Dad sounds like he was a wonderful man.

The apple rarely falls far from the tree.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Aww, Becky, that's so sad. That's the way to go though, and that's the way I hope I go too.

Your Dad sounds like he was a wonderful man.

The apple rarely falls far from the tree.

Thanks so much, my friend. You are very kind.❤ Yes, it was the way it was meant to be, I think. My dad had something like 14 first cousins he grew up with and he was the next to the last remaining. He talked recently of wanting to see them all again. Difficult for those of us remaining but it was the best for him. We sure miss him though. Thanks for the support. ❤❤❤

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

Sorry to hear that, are you at home or at hospital? That is nasty stuff, take care.

At home atm. I had the doctor poke the would a week ago. It hasn't gotten worse so I take that as good news. I'll let the antibiotics do their work.

• Like 2

Becky, I’m so very sorry for your loss...I haven’t been spending much time here lately, and just saw your post- and then everyone else’s condolences to you, which is heartwarming.

:rose:

My dad is 75 and was recently diagnosed with cancer for the second time, and this time has metastasized to his bones. I’m just hoping to have a good deal more time with him.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that, are you at home or at hospital? That is nasty stuff, take care.

At home atm. I had the doctor poke the would a week ago. It hasn't gotten worse so I take that as good news. I'll let the antibiotics do their work.

That is a decent sign...take good care, Union, that can be nasty stuff.

I got diagnosed with MRSA this week so I had to pull the plug on a camping trip.

Oh no, I hope you recover quickly.

• Like 1

Ohhh, so sorry Becky.

• Like 2

Becky, I’m so very sorry for your loss...I haven’t been spending much time here lately, and just saw your post- and then everyone else’s condolences to you, which is heartwarming.

:rose:

My dad is 75 and was recently diagnosed with cancer for the second time, and this time has metastasized to his bones. I’m just hoping to have a good deal more time with him.

Thank you, J . :heart: We were blessed in that we had so many years with dad. Everyone here has been so kind. I'll have your dad in my prayers; that's a tough one. :hug2:

• Like 2

Ohhh, so sorry Becky.

Thanks, Laura. I appreciate it!

• Like 2