What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Gadzooks...I've been furloughed!!!

all part timers!

for at least the rest of the Summer!

$#!*!

My husband couldn't get out the front door today. He kept locking it instead of opening it and couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong. He finally asked me to see if I could open the door. It opened right up.

This is the man who thinks he can drive his truck and operate machinery.

The damage to his brain is considerable and much worse than I was told it was.

Edited by Lorraine

Gadzooks...I've been furloughed!!!

all part timers!

for at least the rest of the Summer!

$#!*!

So many people at our public library are part timers, no one would be left! I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. :hug2:

• Like 3

My husband couldn't get out the front door today. He kept locking it instead of opening it and couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong. He finally asked me to see if I could open the door. It opened right up.

I'm really sorry to hear this- what a burden on you. :hug2:

• Like 3

It is a very heavy burden.

Your husband is lucky to have you

:hug2:

• Like 7

Your husband is lucky to have you

:hug2:

Yes, he is lucky you are there. I just hope with your move that there are some shoulders for you to lean on now. Take care of yourself :hug2:

• Like 5

my coworker of 4 and a half years is leaving to move to Alaska with his fiance, today was his last day of work. he was like an older brother to me so it was bittersweet, but i wish him the best. i will certainly miss him.
  • Like 3

My child and their spouse both worked for the same company and both have been let go. Their company is liquidating due to being closed so long for corona virus so everyone is losing their jobs. Each of them should be able to find something else (fingers crossed!) but I hate to see them go through this.
  • Like 3

My child and their spouse both worked for the same company and both have been let go. Their company is liquidating due to being closed so long for corona virus so everyone is losing their jobs. Each of them should be able to find something else (fingers crossed!) but I hate to see them go through this.

Sorry to hear this. :(
  • Like 2

An Amber Alert was sent thru Wisconsin last night.

The frantic search yielded bad results. The 10-year old girl's body was found in her town of Baraboo just two hours ago. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. May they find something quick!

• Like 2

The frantic search yielded bad results. The 10-year old girl's body was found in her town of Baraboo just two hours ago. :(

God good that is awful. Why can't people leave the kids alone? RIP, little child. :rose:

• Like 2

God good that is awful. Why can't people leave the kids alone? RIP, little child. :rose:

She may have offed herself. She had been talking about suicide and may have taken a bunch of pills before she ran off...with no shoes or phone.

• Like 1

My nephew worked for the same company for over twenty years and was let go on account of this virus. He's really depressed about it since he is already 50 and it would be hard to find another job that will pay the same at his age.

• Like 1

I am so sorry Lorraine. We have a very close friend who is suffering from Alzheimer's. A once intelligent and successful man is slowly being

ravaged by this awful disease. My heart is with you right now.

• Like 1

Absolutely heartbreaking.
  • Like 1

She may have offed herself. She had been talking about suicide and may have taken a bunch of pills before she ran off...with no shoes or phone.

My God!!! At 10 yrs old?????? What the hell is happening to this world???
  • Like 1

My nephew worked for the same company for over twenty years and was let go on account of this virus. He's really depressed about it since he is already 50 and it would be hard to find another job that will pay the same at his age.

It is tough right now. My brother and his wife both work for an aerospace company here locally, both in their upper 50's and prospects are not looking good for the company. They are expecting bad news imminently.
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug2: So many are being affected by this and it seems like for years to come also. I agree, 50 is a hard age to have to start over again.

• Like 2

It is tough right now. My brother and his wife both work for an aerospace company here locally, both in their upper 50's and prospects are not looking good for the company. They are expecting bad news imminently.

I'm sorry, zepphead. That is a double impact when they both work for the same company, and makes it very hard, I think.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, zepphead. That is a double impact when they both work for the same company, and makes it very hard, I think.

Yes, they are both at an age when it would be difficult to go onto the job market, athough they both have long service records so would be hoping for some sort

of package if they are made redundant.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug2: So many are being affected by this and it seems like for years to come also. I agree, 50 is a hard age to have to start over again.

I’ve not worked since mid-March...

The NY / NJ area is just starting to come back.

Just in time for the pending resurgence, lol!

I’ve written this year off and am pretty confident for things to pick up.

Well, it did give me time for a massive Dylan marathon.

Silver linings!

:) :) :)

• Like 3

I’ve not worked since mid-March...

The NY / NJ area is just starting to come back.

Just in time for the pending resurgence, lol!

I’ve written this year off and am pretty confident for things to pick up.

Well, it did give me time for a massive Dylan marathon.

Silver linings!

:) :) :)

:hug2: Gotta go for the Dylan! That's a great silver lining. :heart:

• Like 1