What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Sad to report that my grandmother in law passed away last night. She was a lovely person and I was glad to have known her.

God Bless her she was 103. :rose: Rest in peace :rose:

• Like 2

Sad to report that my grandmother in law passed away last night. She was a lovely person and I was glad to have known her.

:rose: :heart: :rose: :hug2:

Thank you! :hug2:

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you and your family, librarian. It's an especially difficult time to have a loss, I think, everyone has had to give up mourning traditions for now.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your Grand mother-in-Law . 103 is a good life. :rose:

Thank you!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you and your family, librarian. It's an especially difficult time to have a loss, I think, everyone has had to give up mourning traditions for now.

Thank you!

• Like 1

103??? Your granny-in-law was born a year before my mother. Think of all she saw in her long life.

Librarian, what caused her death?

She had pneumonia and fever. They tested her for Cov19 and was positive. That was Tuesday and by Thursday night she was gone. I found out on Friday when we received a call from another in law.

She will be cremated and will ultimately be buried in Florida with GFinlaw.

:rose:

• Like 1

Short-sighted idiocy with long-term and far-reaching effects:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52540266?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world/us_and_canada&link_location=live-reporting-story

Headline:

US family 'murdered shop guard for enforcing mask policy'

Disqualified from the human race. F*ck these idiots and the f*cking retardation they wallow in.

• Like 1

Short-sighted idiocy with long-term and far-reaching effects:

https://www.bbc.com/...reporting-story

Headline:

US family 'murdered shop guard for enforcing mask policy'

Disqualified from the human race. F*ck these idiots and the f*cking retardation they wallow in.

At first it made me sad, now it makes me want to throw up.

That is awful. Another one is the Father/Son duo who killed a man who was jogging in GA - Duh and his son, Duh2
  • Like 2

Hi everyone. I will be on and off here the next 10 days or so. My beloved dad, age 90, passed away suddenly Monday morning. He was in the hospital for a brief procedure and unexpectedly passed. It is a consolation to my family that it was the way he wanted to go- he often mentioned that be hoped to be here one day and gone the next. We sure do miss him, though.

He grew up in a time so long ago that he and his cousins would still find arrowheads in the fields near his house. He was the friendliest, most open minded person I have met. He raised his 3 daughters to hunt, fish, and drive on icy roads in a time when not all dads did that. He was a naval officer and served his country during the Korean war. Above all, he taught us to always be kind. Love you, dad.

Thanks, everyone, for making TRF my happy place. :)

• Like 7

Hi everyone. I will be on and off here the next 10 days or so. My beloved dad, age 90, passed away suddenly Monday morning. He was in the hospital for a brief procedure and unexpectedly passed. It is a consolation to my family that it was the way he wanted to go- he often mentioned that be hoped to be here one day and gone the next. We sure do miss him, though.

He grew up in a time so long ago that he and his cousins would still find arrowheads in the fields near his house. He was the friendliest, most open minded person I have met. He raised his 3 daughters to hunt, fish, and drive on icy roads in a time when not all dads did that. He was a naval officer and served his country during the Korean war. Above all, he taught us to always be kind. Love you, dad.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad :hug2: You will always have great memories of him inside your heart.

and to your Dad:

Thank you for your service. RIP :cheers: :rose:

• Like 2

I am so sorry for your loss. It's been a bunch of years since i lost my dad but i understand the loss you are feeling right now. Trust me, it does get easier.

Hopefully you can use this fun forum to cheer you up when you feel down.

• Like 2

Absolute respect for you and your Dad. :ebert: He obviously did a great job with you, as you're one of the coolest people here!

• Like 2

Schica (Becky), I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read about that, and this. I'm sure, your dad was a great person. My condolences, to you, and the rest of the family, and friends. R.I.P. You're welcome. To help, anything else I can do. :)

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

I am so sorry to hear about your dad :hug2: You will always have great memories of him inside your heart.

and to your Dad:

Thank you for your service. RIP :cheers: :rose:

Thank you, librarian. We were lucky to have a lifetime of those memories. ❤

• Like 2

I am so sorry for your loss. It's been a bunch of years since i lost my dad but i understand the loss you are feeling right now. Trust me, it does get easier.

Hopefully you can use this fun forum to cheer you up when you feel down.

Thank you, zepphead, for the good advice.❤

• Like 1

Absolute respect for you and your Dad. :ebert: He obviously did a great job with you, as you're one of the coolest people here!

Aww, thanks so much,PM. He was a cool guy. He knew so much astronomy from the Navy and I remember a bit of it. We were lucky to grow up with him.❤

• Like 2

Schica (Becky), I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read about that, and this. I'm sure, your dad was a great one. My condolences, to you, and the rest of the family, and friends. R.I.P. You're welcome. To help, anything else I can do. :)

Thank you for your condolences, Derek.❤ That's very kind of you.

• Like 2