Jump to content


What are you reading?


  • Please log in to reply
5260 replies to this topic

#5181 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 995 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near Philadelphia PA
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 14 October 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

The Cuban Affair- Nelson DeMille
What is it all but luminous -Art Garfunkel
Infinite Tuesday:  An Autobiographical Riff-Michael Nesmith
Legends and Lies:  The Patriots -Bill O'Reilly

You're reading four books at the same time? I have trouble with one(depending on the book).

Sponsored Post

#5182 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1865 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostNew_World_Man, on 18 October 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

View Postpjbear05, on 14 October 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

The Cuban Affair- Nelson DeMille
What is it all but luminous -Art Garfunkel
Infinite Tuesday:  An Autobiographical Riff-Michael Nesmith
Legends and Lies:  The Patriots -Bill O'Reilly

You're reading four books at the same time? I have trouble with one(depending on the book).
All four of these are new listings in our library system, which usually means you go on a wait list to borrow the book, and when you do get it, it's for a two week period.  However, 3 of these were on the shelf and available for loan, so you grab them when you can.  I went there to pick up The Cuban Affair,  for which I was on the wait list for 3 weeks. Hot best sellers, and DVD's  of movies and cable series make for some    l  o  n  g  wait lists.  The missus  had a  6 week wait for the DVD set of the 1st season of Orange Is The New Black.

But four books?  No big deal, I read a lot of books, and some of them the wife reads too.

#5183 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 995 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near Philadelphia PA
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

I remember my uncle(who has a PHD in Philosophy)said the most number of books he read at the same time was five. I would think reading more than one fiction book at the same time could get confusing. Maybe not.

#5184 Steevo

Steevo

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 12111 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

^^  Better one at a time with fiction.

#5185 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 18005 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image

#5186 On TheRoad To Adventure

On TheRoad To Adventure

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 501 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

Beyond Belfast: 560 miles through Northern Island on sore feet.  By Will Ferguson.

I am really enjoying this account by the very funny Canadian, Will Ferguson.  At the same time, I am learning a lot about the history of Northern Ireland.

#5187 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 6854 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

Unbelievable- Katy Tur

Political campaign accounts are always interesting!  This was a fast read, but well written.

Posted Image

#5188 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

    Many Happy Returns

  • Members *
  • 7428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Stephen King - IT

#5189 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21772 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

#5190 pjbear05

pjbear05

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 1865 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pembroke Pines, FL
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

Killing England - Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard.

#5191 Laurabw

Laurabw

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 509 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

Sean Avery's biography, Ice Capades.  And then going to start Bruce Dickinson biography which I picked up at the book signing when I met him a few weeks ago, "What does this button do?"

#5192 Tero

Tero

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The prairie

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:05 AM

A Short History of Europe (middle ages to EU)
What's The Matter With Kansas?
Jan Wenner biography...sex and drugs and rock and roll
Wenner hated Rush, prog, even Led Zeppelin

#5193 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 11761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

Stephen Meyer's Signature In The Cell

About half way through .... Amazing and incredibly well researched book on the scientific evidence for intelligent design

Posted Image

#5194 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

    Many Happy Returns

  • Members *
  • 7428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Am I Evil? - Brian Tatler

#5195 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 6854 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

View PostLucas, on 06 December 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Stephen Meyer's Signature In The Cell

About half way through .... Amazing and incredibly well researched book on the scientific evidence for intelligent design

Posted Image

It sounds interesting!  I might have to take a look although on the whole I'm not real big on intelligent design. Too many people are not rigorous enough about the science part and it undermines the whole idea.  If the science is good, though, it sounds like a good read!

#5196 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 11761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

View Postblueschica, on 11 December 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 06 December 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Stephen Meyer's Signature In The Cell

About half way through .... Amazing and incredibly well researched book on the scientific evidence for intelligent design

Posted Image

It sounds interesting!  I might have to take a look although on the whole I'm not real big on intelligent design. Too many people are not rigorous enough about the science part and it undermines the whole idea.  If the science is good, though, it sounds like a good read!

BC, this is a great book .. Meyer does not stray into religion whatsoever .. His research on the scientific side is exhaustive

#5197 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 6854 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostLucas, on 11 December 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 11 December 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 06 December 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Stephen Meyer's Signature In The Cell

About half way through .... Amazing and incredibly well researched book on the scientific evidence for intelligent design

Posted Image

It sounds interesting!  I might have to take a look although on the whole I'm not real big on intelligent design. Too many people are not rigorous enough about the science part and it undermines the whole idea.  If the science is good, though, it sounds like a good read!

BC, this is a great book .. Meyer does not stray into religion whatsoever .. His research on the scientific side is exhaustive

That sounds cool!  I will definitely look into it then.  :)

#5198 jamie

jamie

    The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

  • Members
  • 12621 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Perris,CA
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, ghouls

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

Bruce Dickinson's autobiography, it was an early Christmas present from my sister and i'm loving it!

#5199 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

    Many Happy Returns

  • Members *
  • 7428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

Blacklash - Deneen Borelli

#5200 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4629 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:48 AM

Spike: An Intimate Memoir by Norma Farnes

Good bio of Spike Milligan by his manager. Some brutal stories and some great quotes.
Someone compared the sometimes difficult Milligan with the sometimes (oft times?) difficult Peter Sellers, coming to the conclusion that "at least Milligan has a heart".  
Not one mention of Monty Python or any solo Pythons...
An interesting read about a manic-depressive comedian.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users