Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Linkin Park

You might like In Flames...try Battles. A few moments weirdly remind me of Young Guns (I might be a but crazy haha) or Come Clarity.

Really great metal! Your might like the post-2000 era.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Linkin Park

You might like In Flames...try Battles. A few moments weirdly remind me of Young Guns (I might be a but crazy haha) or Come Clarity.

Really great metal! Your might like the post-2000 era.

I'll give it a listen next week.

Kings X... it's been a while since I listened to the first two (Silent Planet '88 and Gretchen '89). I have had these two in rotation for the last week... incredible and still sounds fresh, unique... Classic stuff, absolutely love the two albums.
  • Like 3

Grateful Dead. I heard Terrapin Statio and was just blown away by it. Listened to that song (15+ minutes long) four times in a row before venturing into the rest of their catalogue. I've never been into the Deadhead scene, but the music is full of really great musicianship.
  • Like 3

Psychotic Waltz--------------------------really getting into these guys.

Me too, came in to say same.

Im gonna keep 3 of the albums in rotation for awhile.

Grateful Dead. I heard Terrapin Statio and was just blown away by it. Listened to that song (15+ minutes long) four times in a row before venturing into the rest of their catalogue. I've never been into the Deadhead scene, but the music is full of really great musicianship.

Yep. Me too. I get a Dead jones and I need to hear every note the played. They could be sublime, they could be awful but the good far outstrips the bad. Give me a '73 Playin or a Fall 79 'Scarlet>Fire or an 83 Scarlet>Fire or an Estimated>Eyes or a Dark Star from any era.

• Like 2

Yep. Me too. I get a Dead jones and I need to hear every note the played. They could be sublime, they could be awful but the good far outstrips the bad. Give me a '73 Playin or a Fall 79 'Scarlet>Fire or an 83 Scarlet>Fire or an Estimated>Eyes or a Dark Star from any era.

I've just been delving into some GD things again over the past few days, for the first time in a little while. Listened to an '83 show that I had never heard before (first night Philly Spectrum, from spring tour. I've had the second night for years, but never heard the first 'til now), and 2/3/78 from Madison, WI- second set features a sequence of Estimated-> Eyes-> Playin'-> Wheel-> Playin' that goes on for more than 65 minutes.

:drool:

• Like 2

5/22/77, Terrapin-> Morning Dew...positively sublime.

Really, anytime they did that Terrapin-> Dew combination, I just love. They only did it sparingly in '77 and '78, though...I don't think they were ever paired like that again, after that time frame.

• Like 2