New Neil update

EagleMoon

Basically what I am saying is that you're being a self-righteous dick.

Because my opinion is different than your opinion ?

Why don't you give us another 10 paragraphs about what a fan should be, along with all the derogatory terms that apply if the fan doesn't fit your ideal ..

The fact that I got under your skin is an issue you are carrying, not me

I don't need 10 paragraphs. Two sentences will do, and here they are:

You call Neil Peart a pussy, but you can't handle others calling you out for it. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Someone please wake me when this guy has something interesting to say

Looking at all this "discussion" from far away, I can see both of you guys (among a few other folks) taking shots at each other. Just walk away.

Clearly I'm no mod. I figure everyone here should be able to moderate themselves anyway. Shit, all the TRUE loudmouth, scumbag TRFers left years ago.

This stopped being a discussion ages ago and is simply dudes with megaphones stating X and Y.

What I am wondering is if Marvel has a "Self-Righteous Dick" character

'cause I want THAT ONE

;)

Seriously, I've been called far worse, so we'll carry on, and I will keep this thread in mind next time I am tempted to pull out the megaphone and set it back down before I say anything foolish

• Like 1

Why don't you give us another 10 paragraphs about what a fan should be, along with all the derogatory terms that apply if the fan doesn't fit your ideal ..

You call Neil Peart a pussy, but you can't handle others calling you out for it. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Looking at all this "discussion" from far away, I can see both of you guys (among a few other folks) taking shots at each other. Just walk away.

Clearly I'm no mod. I figure everyone here should be able to moderate themselves anyway. Shit, all the TRUE loudmouth, scumbag TRFers left years ago.

This stopped being a discussion ages ago and is simply dudes with megaphones stating X and Y.

'cause I want THAT ONE

oops, too late

Neil took that one

'cause I want THAT ONE

;)

Seriously, I've been called far worse, so we'll carry on, and I will keep this thread in mind next time I am tempted to pull out the megaphone and set it back down before I say anything foolish

Here's Marvel's self-righteous dick hero. He's one of my favorites!!! :LOL:

http://www.comic-covers.com/Marvel/MarvelP-S/Sub-Mariner/images/SUBMAR01.JPG

And, ironically, it's one of Peart's nicknames...as stated in one of his books, Neil said that it's one of Geddy & Alex's nicknames for him (way back anyway) due to the widow's peak hair. I didn't make this up.

• Like 1

'cause I want THAT ONE

;)

Here's Marvel's prime example of the self-righteous dick hero, Hyperion:

250px-Hyperionmarvel.png

Hyperion's been around since the late 60s. I'm pretty sure Axl Rose based his persona on this guy.

'cause I want THAT ONE

;)

And, ironically, it's one of Peart's nicknames...as stated in one of his books, Neil said that it's one of Geddy & Alex's nicknames for him (way back anyway) due to the widow's peak hair. I didn't make this up.

I like Namor The Sub Mariner !!!

I am a Pisces after all ( and a self righteous one to boot )

'cause I want THAT ONE

;)

I like Namor The Sub Mariner !!!

I am a Pisces after all ( and a self righteous one to boot )

:LOL:

• Like 1

It seems borderline psychotic to read the blog of I guy you don't like.

Quite possibly the dumbest post of the year.

We read the blog to see if there is any band-related information. Obviously.

Revised: It seems borderline psychotic to read the blog for information about the band since there has never been any in the past.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

• Like 6

It seems borderline psychotic to read the blog of I guy you don't like.

Quite possibly the dumbest post of the year.

We read the blog to see if there is any band-related information. Obviously.

Revised: It seems borderline psychotic to read the blog for information about the band since there has never been any in the past.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

:LOL:

So much anger going on here. It's really sad. I'm sorry I started this thread. Its obvious that people here can't just can't discuss issues normally anymore without bashing.

There's been some (mostly) light criticism of some things Neil has written in the current blog and previously. No big deal. IMO the issue is some members have decided that these members are wrong and are not allowed to have a simple opinion. I've noticed they don't counter with a different interpretation of what he wrote. They resort to attacks of a mostly personal nature. If we adopt a live and let live attitude the problem can be solved. Also, no one will likely ever have their opinion changed on the Internet.

Agree 100% - that's the problem - that no one seems to be allowed to have a different opinion.

Also, each and every time we tried to lighten this thread up, someone came along and started in again. Two or three times.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

k....Neil had an accident that we didn't know about and he blogged about it. K....that's all I need to know.

moving on to other non :beathorse: subjects.

There really should be a dog-humping-leg gif because that's what this thread seems like.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

He can't be serious

http://www.neilpeart.net/news/march_2016/PA_crashsite.jpg

THIS.

When I saw this on his blog entry (before reading the article) I assumed it was referring to the crash site of Flight 93 in Shanksville. Come to find out it's where 'ol Neil laid his bike down. I know he's Canadian but he's been in the U.S. long enough to know better. Frankly, I was offended.

Now. Without Neil, Rush would not have been anywhere close to what they became. Neil (and the "guys at work") have contributed greatly to my life in many ways. Neil's lyrics are close® to my heart and to some extent shaped the worldview of that teenager seeing his first rock concert in 1983. I will forever be thankful for Rush's enriching my life.

BUT, I believe FOH Lights, and I agree that Neil has been a bit of a dick in how he ended things. He could have, and should have, ended it better. He owes the people he's worked with (and I definitely include beyond Ged and Al) for over 40 years at least that much.

I still hold him in high regard, I will still buy his books and read his blogs, but that doesn't mean I (or anyone else) shouldn't be critical when I feel he hasn't done right by his people. I do think he sometimes has difficulty putting himself in other's shoes.

But that's OK. Nobody's perfect and life will go on as it was.

• Like 2

So much anger going on here. It's really sad. I'm sorry I started this thread. Its obvious that people here can't just can't discuss issues normally anymore without bashing.

There's been some (mostly) light criticism of some things Neil has written in the current blog and previously. No big deal. IMO the issue is some members have decided that these members are wrong and are not allowed to have a simple opinion. I've noticed they don't counter with a different interpretation of what he wrote. They resort to attacks of a mostly personal nature. If we adopt a live and let live attitude the problem can be solved. Also, no one will likely ever have their opinion changed on the Internet.

Also, no one will likely ever have their opinion changed on the Internet.

I used to disagree with this.

LOL. Geez. It's okay for musicians to retire before they drop dead. Honest.

Some of you kids need a reality check.

When you're of age and have tendonitis from forty years of an extremely physical career, and are expected to soldier through a world tour nonetheless...let us know how you fare.

He can't be serious

http://www.neilpeart.net/news/march_2016/PA_crashsite.jpg

THIS.

When I saw this on his blog entry (before reading the article) I assumed it was referring to the crash site of Flight 93 in Shanksville. Come to find out it's where 'ol Neil laid his bike down. I know he's Canadian but he's been in the U.S. long enough to know better. Frankly, I was offended.

notsure-1.jpg

• Like 1

In Neil's update, any news on him handing the baton to Portnoy?

I actually wouldn't mind this if they would call the band a different name and if Portnoy would tune it down and play the Rush songs note for note with no improv or over-playing. I cringe at the thought of New World Man or something with tons of double bass licks.

When you're of age and have tendonitis from forty years of an extremely physical career, and are expected to soldier through a world tour nonetheless...let us know how you fare.

No one's saying it's not okay for Neil to retire.

• Like 1

Not a comic book guy.

But I do have this one.....

http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/kirby/archives/546

Ah yes, the Rush one.

To me, this is the best Rush reference (without them actually appearing) in the mainstream. But then again, Defenders comics in the 70s or at any time was hardly a household name. Netflix should be taking care of that in a year or two.

No one's saying it's not okay for Neil to retire.

It's not ok for Neal to retire!