CP R.I.P.

edhunter

I was on The Solar Federation board when that existed. I then followed everyone to CP. I used the name "Gandalf" originally and then became "Mithrandir" for a number of years. Now back to "Gandalf". I was on the site non stop for those early years and remember plenty of "debates" :) Many great memories of the time spent on the board. Although I can't remember most of the posters from those early years.

I remember going to see The Ramones in 1981-82 with my sister and a guy she knew - Ron Fisher .. He was the first guy I ever knew who had a ring thru the middle of his nose and he also happened to be a member of The Pagans .. At the time, I didn't realize what it was all about, but he was one cool, tough mother****** ... It was a never a dull moment with him whenever he and his friends came around ..

Now we have people who pretend to be so hard on internet message forums

I'm so glad I grew up when I did

I wonder if I ever ran into you back then. Not that I would remember. That whole time period is a massive blur in my brain. :wacko:

I was on The Solar Federation board when that existed. I then followed everyone to CP. I used the name "Gandalf" originally and then became "Mithrandir" for a number of years. Now back to "Gandalf". I was on the site non stop for those early years and remember plenty of "debates" :) Many great memories of the time spent on the board. Although I can't remember most of the posters from those early years.

peace to all

I remember going to see The Ramones in 1981-82 with my sister and a guy she knew - Ron Fisher .. He was the first guy I ever knew who had a ring thru the middle of his nose and he also happened to be a member of The Pagans .. At the time, I didn't realize what it was all about, but he was one cool, tough mother****** ... It was a never a dull moment with him whenever he and his friends came around ..

I wonder if I ever ran into you back then. Not that I would remember. That whole time period is a massive blur in my brain. :wacko:

Lorrain, the Ramones show was at The Showplace in Dover, NJ .. I was 15, and my sis' friends never had a problem getting me in to certain shows ... Unfortunately, I didn't tag along all the time, and missed some good shows .... but it was a little intimidating being around some of those guys - lots of alcohol and drugs, which I was never comfortable with ..

My sis saw most of the good stuff in NYC back then - late 70s into the 80s ... if there was something happening near my house, I went, but I pretty much stuck with my parents or friend's parents dropping us off at RUSH or Iron Maiden until I was old enough to drive :D

• Like 1

Lorrain, the Ramones show was at The Showplace in Dover, NJ .. I was 15, and my sis' friends never had a problem getting me in to certain shows ... Unfortunately, I didn't tag along all the time, and missed some good shows .... but it was a little intimidating being around some of those guys - lots of alcohol and drugs, which I was never comfortable with ..

My sis saw most of the good stuff in NYC back then - late 70s into the 80s ... if there was something happening near my house, I went, but I pretty much stuck with my parents or friend's parents dropping us off at RUSH or Iron Maiden until I was old enough to drive :D

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: Scratch that thought then.

When you said The Ramones, I think CBGBs, not The Showplace in Dover. :LOL:

• Like 1

peace to all

Quite the memory you have!!

• Like 1

Here's a little taste, courtesy of the WayBack Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020609052736/http://www.geddylee.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Lots of discussion still archived there.

I've been behind on this thread, but that's where I was just looking too. Haha!

The WayBack Machine has just about everything...

CP is alive and kickin' again!!!

Yeah, and you folks in here who have only ever heard the bad stuff ought to check it out, see if it really isn't up your alley or if you might not find another place to poke around when you're bored.

We could use a few more like minded members over at CP . Come on by and check us out. I'll put some more beers in the fridge for ya'.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020609052736/http://www.geddylee.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

*gasp!* Thank you, Slim! Thank you! :D

Though if it's archived, how come it's still open? The Login/Register bit is still active. :o

• Like 1

Though if it's archived, how come it's still open? The Login/Register bit is still active. :o

It's a trap

Oops...i meant this kind of trap

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/ee06_admiral_ackbar.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Any message board is what you make of it. Some are heavily moderated and filled with whiney douches while others are barely moderated at all and still filled with whiney douches... *shrug*

This is true?

I only belong to this Forum.

I don't know any whiney douches on here but me, yet I have a ton of friends.

I prefer the Winery Dogs but I hate wine

So I'm going to stick with beer and The Rush Forum.

Signed,

BEER DRINKER AND HELL RAISERS!!

YYZZTOP

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

It's a trap

Oops...i meant this kind of trap

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/ee06_admiral_ackbar.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! :scared:

Any message board is what you make of it. Some are heavily moderated and filled with whiney douches while others are barely moderated at all and still filled with whiney douches... *shrug*

This is true?

Look a little harder.....

• Like 1

Thread got me thinking about the history or Rush forums on the internet. My memory is a bit hazy, but for my participation, I recall:

The National Midnight Star (e-mail digest) ~93-96 (still have an archive of many of my emails to "rush_mailing_list@syrinx.umd.edu")

TNMS (BBS) ~96-97?

The Solar Federation ?

Tri-net ?

GeddyLee.net ~2000-1

Counterparts ? to present

Rush.com

Rushtour (I recall using this around 2003-4?)

The Rush Forum ? to present

Rush is a Band (comments) (~2005-present)

Can anyone recall any other major forums or dates?

Thread got me thinking about the history or Rush forums on the internet. My memory is a bit hazy, but for my participation, I recall:

The National Midnight Star (e-mail digest) ~93-96 (still have an archive of many of my emails to "rush_mailing_list@syrinx.umd.edu")

TNMS (BBS) ~96-97?

The Solar Federation ?

Tri-net ?

GeddyLee.net ~2000-1

Counterparts ? to present

Rush.com

Rushtour (I recall using this around 2003-4?)

The Rush Forum ? to present

Rush is a Band (comments) (~2005-present)

Can anyone recall any other major forums or dates?

alt.music.rush

• Like 1

This is true?

I prefer the Winery Dogs but I hate wine

So I'm going to stick with beer and The Rush Forum.

Signed,

BEER DRINKER AND HELL RAISERS!!

YYZZTOP

I took a look at CP yesterday thinking I might join, but decided against it and decided to stay with my friends and enemies here. :)

• Like 3