What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My stepmother hightailed it to California with my two-year old brother last week for a six-week vacation. Dad isn't happy to say the least. He didn't think she'd do it, but she did. Now he can't see his son for six weeks.

Me, I'm fine, mostly…my stepmother and I have our differences. I thought it would be beneficial to me to have some space between us for a while, but I couldn't be more wrong. Or selfish…

I've been hearing the "D" word being thrown around, and it's making me nervous. What about my brother?

Edited by Disk98

My stepmother hightailed it to California with my two-year old brother last week for a six-week vacation. Dad isn't happy to say the least. He didn't think she'd do it, but she did. Now he can't see his son for six weeks.

Me, I'm fine, mostly…my stepmother and I have our differences. I thought it would be beneficial to me to have some space between us for a while, but I couldn't be more wrong. Or selfish…

I've been hearing the "D" word being thrown around, and it's making me nervous. What about my brother?

Man...sorry to hear this.

vaportrailer and ORFie, I appreciate the kind words...I got some more bad news about my dog yesterday, as a result of some blood work that was done on him- his kidneys are also failing. So even with a successful operation to get the tumor out, and dialysis on his kidneys (which is a really, really horrible procedure for dogs), he would be around for about four more months. And his quality of life during that time would be really, really bad.

So...I think this is the end. :(

Ah ffs my friend. Very sorry to hear this. It's fkn hard because you want to be selfish and have them with you as long as possible, but you also can't let your buddy suffer. I hope you guys enjoy a few more walks at least. Hang in there.

Thinking of you and your buddy and wishing you all the best; vt

Thanks again, vt, I really appreciate it.

I did take him on one last walk, two nights ago. He wanted to go out, which I was happy to see. But he couldn't go very far. He was having trouble with his hind legs (which is a symptom of the kidney failure); they just failed to support him, there at the end. We went about half a block, and then came back. And I had to lift him up the three steps from the garage into the house.

He was put to sleep yesterday...and the vet said it was the right time to do it. Just observing the way he was acting, she said she didn't know if he'd even make it for another two days.

But it was really peaceful...when he went to sleep, you could hear his pain going away.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Blue J, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug2: May you find great comfort in your memories of Mike and in knowing that his suffering is through.

:rose:

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear this and sincerely wish the best for all of you. Hang in there, Disk!

My daughter's dog - a 1yo boxer-American bull mix - flipped her switch at the dog park today and tore into another dog. She had the dog in what looked like a death grip, but it turned out to only be the other dog's ear. I had to literally pry her jaws apart to get a release, which resulted in two bloody hands and a trip to urgent care for stitches. I'll be paying for the other very lucky dog's vet bills.

And now I'm really concerned about having the dog around the house... :(

I wish things soothe for you. Please stay safe.

Is it possible to properly instruct your dog? Or does any other procedure must be done?

I hope you recover soon.

Is the other dog better?

The other dog is fine. I met the owner and dog at the vet and there was a torn ear and one puncture wound to the neck. Funny thing, the dog and I are on the same antibiotics!

One of my fingers has stitches and hurts like mad, but everything else is fine. Thanks for caring! :hug2:

Hey goose, hope everyone is well on the mend!

• Like 1

My daughter's dog - a 1yo boxer-American bull mix - flipped her switch at the dog park today and tore into another dog. She had the dog in what looked like a death grip, but it turned out to only be the other dog's ear. I had to literally pry her jaws apart to get a release, which resulted in two bloody hands and a trip to urgent care for stitches. I'll be paying for the other very lucky dog's vet bills.

Is it possible to properly instruct your dog? Or does any other procedure must be done?

I hope you recover soon.

Is the other dog better?

The other dog is fine. I met the owner and dog at the vet and there was a torn ear and one puncture wound to the neck. Funny thing, the dog and I are on the same antibiotics!

One of my fingers has stitches and hurts like mad, but everything else is fine. Thanks for caring! :hug2:

I'm fine, thanks. But, my daughter's dog is on day four of a ten-day quarantine at animal control. :(

I think we're in for soem professional dog training after that, which will cost $$$.

I hope you recover soon.

Is the other dog better?

I'm fine, thanks. But, my daughter's dog is on day four of a ten-day quarantine at animal control. :(

I think we're in for soem professional dog training after that, which will cost $$$.

I'm glad to hear that you're fine! Sorry to hear about the quarantine and likely expenses, but hopefully they'll be well worth it!

Edited by bean-tor

I hope you recover soon.

Is the other dog better?

I'm glad to hear that you're fine! Sorry to hear about the quarantine and likely expenses, but hopefully they'll be well worth it!

We're hoping.
  • Like 1

"You're hurting this family."

I can't stand to hear my dad and stepmom fight like this. Why doesn't she care that she's leaving her family behind for so long?

"You're hurting this family."

I can't stand to hear my dad and stepmom fight like this. Why doesn't she care that she's leaving her family behind for so long?

I know (I do) it's rough when your folks fight. I'm sorry you're having this happen in your family right now. I hope things work themselves out.

• Like 2

My turntable seem to be broken! fists%20crying.gif

I changed the stylus (needle) on it for the first time. And now when Im playing a vinyl record, I only get music from one speaker. When I changed back to the old stylus (once again...needle), there was no different.

But when I play CD, there is sound from both speakers!

Getting the report from our Doctor that my better 1/2 suffered a triple fracture of her ankle as a result of a bad step she took :( Then to top it off when she called her employers to give them advanced notice that she wouldn't be able to make it into work for an extended period of time. They were more concerned with getting a copy of the Doctors note and didn't even say that they hoped she felt better soon. What A-holes!!!

Getting the report from our Doctor that my better 1/2 suffered a triple fracture of her ankle as a result of a bad step she took :( Then to top it off when she called her employers to give them advanced notice that she wouldn't be able to make it into work for an extended period of time. They were more concerned with getting a copy of the Doctors note and didn't even say that they hoped she felt better soon. What A-holes!!!

That's too bad Crim.

The thing with her employers seems more fitting in the What Pissed You Off thread. What bungholes!!!!

That's too bad Crim.

The thing with her employers seems more fitting in the What Pissed You Off thread. What bungholes!!!!

Yeah maybe but it still made me sad :(

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

My mom is so out of it, shes abusing pills yet again. I didn't let it ruin my fun day at the beach but it's still sad to see her like this.

I failed to find a new boyfriend. :(

I wouldn't call it failure at this point. :hug2: You will find the right man for you--he's surely out there somewhere and looking for you, too. My best wishes to you!

• Like 1

Ouch!! I wish your wife a full and speedy recovery, my dear friend! I know that you'll do an excellent job of taking care of her :)

As for the employers...how disappointing! Talk about adding insult to injury, quite literally!

• Like 2

My mom is so out of it, shes abusing pills yet again. I didn't let it ruin my fun day at the beach but it's still sad to see her like this.

I'm glad that you didn't let it ruin your day, but I'm still sorry to hear this continues to happen, Jamie :hug2:

• Like 1