What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I failed to find a new boyfriend. :(

I wouldn't call it failure at this point. :hug2: You will find the right man for you--he's surely out there somewhere and looking for you, too. My best wishes to you!

Your point of view is accurate, kind and considering! Thanks a lot! :hug2:

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it failure at this point. :hug2: You will find the right man for you--he's surely out there somewhere and looking for you, too. My best wishes to you!

Your point of view is accurate, kind and considering! Thanks a lot! :hug2:

Aww, you're very welcome! And thank you for the kind words :)

Getting the report from our Doctor that my better 1/2 suffered a triple fracture of her ankle as a result of a bad step she took :( Then to top it off when she called her employers to give them advanced notice that she wouldn't be able to make it into work for an extended period of time. They were more concerned with getting a copy of the Doctors note and didn't even say that they hoped she felt better soon. What A-holes!!!

Ouch!! I wish your wife a full and speedy recovery, my dear friend! I know that you'll do an excellent job of taking care of her :)

As for the employers...how disappointing! Talk about adding insult to injury, quite literally!

She is scheduled for surgery this coming Monday. She is really apprehensive about the whole ordeal and also in a lot of pain. She will ultimately be laid up to two months. Prayers are appreciated :angel:

• Like 1

Getting the report from our Doctor that my better 1/2 suffered a triple fracture of her ankle as a result of a bad step she took :( Then to top it off when she called her employers to give them advanced notice that she wouldn't be able to make it into work for an extended period of time. They were more concerned with getting a copy of the Doctors note and didn't even say that they hoped she felt better soon. What A-holes!!!

Ouch!! I wish your wife a full and speedy recovery, my dear friend! I know that you'll do an excellent job of taking care of her :)

As for the employers...how disappointing! Talk about adding insult to injury, quite literally!

She is scheduled for surgery this coming Monday. She is really apprehensive about the whole ordeal and also in a lot of pain. She will ultimately be laid up to two months. Prayers are appreciated :angel:

The "like" is for the fact that she'll be getting surgery soon. I'm so sorry to hear that she's apprehensive and in significant pain, though!

I'll be thinking of her, and wishing her a successful surgery followed by a speedy and full recovery. Sending healing thoughts! :rose:

Some one as good looking as you shouldn't have too hard a time with this....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20girley.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

I found out yesteray I'll likely need a heart transplant one day

I'm not sure how near in the future this "one day" might be but I hope that in the interim, you'll be able to focus on getting as much joy as possible out of life...and then continue to do so after having a successful transplant if/when you need one. My best wishes to you!

• Like 1

I'm not sure how near in the future this "one day" might be but I hope that in the interim, you'll be able to focus on getting as much joy as possible out of life...and then continue to do so after having a successful transplant if/when you need one. My best wishes to you!

I just know once it happens, I get 10 more years max. I'm going to fight it as long as possible.

I just know once it happens, I get 10 more years max. I'm going to fight it as long as possible.

It can't be easy to grapple with such thoughts, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having to do so. I am glad to hear that you've resolved to fight, though. Hoping for the best possible outcome for you!

• Like 1

As long as you don't 'fight' it by doing things that are rebellious and possibly bad for your health. Please be cautious.

I'm really sorry to hear this news. Just do everything that you can to take good care.

I'm sorry to hear this! I hope that you can have a good quality of life until then, and as Beanie says, get as much joy as possible out of life. Cardiac medicine seems to progress so rapidly- I hope that something comes along so that you won't need a transplant, perhaps, or that it will be something that makes it a more simple and longer lasting procedure. I'll be hoping for the best for you. :hug2:

• Like 1

I find it weird 'liking' posts about what people are dealing with.

Union, I hope all the best for you. We are living in an age of medical miracles, so I hope that's some small comfort to you. I know that you have a lot of support on this forum.

Mr. JD, I'm very sorry to read your post. I hope that you can find strength in your family and friends, and regain your equilibrium.

All the best to you too, good sir.

• Like 3

I find it weird 'liking' posts about what people are dealing with.

Union, I hope all the best for you. We are living in an age of medical miracles, so I hope that's some small comfort to you. I know that you have a lot of support on this forum.

Mr. JD, I'm very sorry to read your post. I hope that you can find strength in your family and friends, and regain your equilibrium.

All the best to you too, good sir.

I agree. While I may not really LIKE what a post is saying, I recognise the thoughts and emotions, and agree with those....guess I'm gonna start quoting more....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Man%20on%20pile%20of%20bananas.jpg

• Like 1

Two close family members have incurable illnesses. And the odds of me needing emergency open heart surgery during my procedure next month wentup

jezus, man. Really sorry to hear this. I hope you can keep your focus positive, or focus on positive things. Nature can be a great source of strength and insight. I hope you live somewhere where you can get out for a walk in the woods. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's good for the brain (and lungs etc). Hang in there.

• Like 2