What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

There are a lot of people in Europe who mistakenly believe that Joni Mitchell is American.

I wonder why? I've known almost all my life she was Canadian....

http://i.imgur.com/FL7ZV0Q.gif

Saskatoonian, to be exact. ;)

Those that intentionally hurt someone just for their own amusement.

This is my pet peeve....WHY do these idiots do this?

http://i.imgur.com/HohnDUl.gif?1

I don't know why anyone would intentionally provoke another, but it's quite common these days.

Hence, my dilemma.

http://i.imgur.com/HohnDUl.gif?1

I usually don't like to mix up politics with music at all. I enjoy what I enjoy and that's that.....However, I'd be lying if I said that I don't feel a little alienated when it comes to the fact that the older metalheads that were kids in the 1980s are becoming more and more conservative as they get older, like the baby boomers did. It sometimes does seem like I'm very out of place as a center-left person....like I'm a square peg trying to fit in a round hole....like I don't belong.

Seeing these people overtly suck Ted Nugent's ass on every issue in the news....It's just so f***ing hypocritical. These people are now for the things they fought against when they were kids in the 80s.

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain"

Not real sure of the actual person who said this. Attributed to Churchhill??

When you look at the metal scene in the 1980s, you'll find a lot of songs that make fun of those scumbag televangelists like Jimmy Swaggart and Jerry Falwell. So it does pain me to an extent to see these people now supporting them as they get older. It's like, what the f**k happened to the idea of rebelling against the hypocrites and liars of society? Now you want to join them?

I've just about f***ing had it with the hypocrisy of humanity.

There are a lot of people in Europe who mistakenly believe that Joni Mitchell is American.

I wonder why? I've known almost all my life she was Canadian....

http://i.imgur.com/FL7ZV0Q.gif

Saskatoonian, to be exact. ;)

Didn't know that particular fact until I discovered music magazines...[Circus, Creem, Hit Parade, etc.]

http://i.imgur.com/eV3NiQS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f2B1C3O.gif?1

I usually don't like to mix up politics with music at all. I enjoy what I enjoy and that's that.....However, I'd be lying if I said that I don't feel a little alienated when it comes to the fact that the older metalheads that were kids in the 1980s are becoming more and more conservative as they get older, like the baby boomers did. It sometimes does seem like I'm very out of place as a center-left person....like I'm a square peg trying to fit in a round hole....like I don't belong.

Seeing these people overtly suck Ted Nugent's ass on every issue in the news....It's just so f***ing hypocritical. These people are now for the things they fought against when they were kids in the 80s.

Try not to get too upset over it- there are still a lot of metal and other musicians that are willing to take on society and it's problems, I think.

• Like 1

On my commute to work this morning a young woman died. I didn't see it but the bus I was in drove by 15 minutes later. It was a large truck and a cyclist in a right turn accident. The paramedics had put up shields on both sides of the truck, so I instinctively knew it was bad. I've been thinking about it the whole day :(

On my commute to work this morning a young woman died. I didn't see it but the bus I was in drove by 15 minutes later. It was a large truck and a cyclist in a right turn accident. The paramedics had put up shields on both sides of the truck, so I instinctively knew it was bad. I've been thinking about it the whole day :(

Oh, wow. That's horrible. I'd have a hard time getting that out of my head as well. :(

Finding out that there are people who believe it's perfectly fine to gouge people in times of distress and death.

You probably knew that already but were reminded of it because of a recent event. The aftermath of a natural disaster maybe?

I knew there are people that are willing to take advantage of others misfortunes, but I never thought it would be people who weren't already criminals or otherwise immoral. Yes, the hurricane and flooding in the Houston area.

Finding out that there are people who believe it's perfectly fine to gouge people in times of distress and death.

You probably knew that already but were reminded of it because of a recent event. The aftermath of a natural disaster maybe?

I knew there are people that are willing to take advantage of others misfortunes, but I never thought it would be people who weren't already criminals or otherwise immoral. Yes, the hurricane and flooding in the Houston area.

I see.

It probably means that I'm more pessimistic than you in that I think everyday people are capable of scumbaggery and immoral acts.

Those people you're referring to should be ashamed but of course, they won't be.

• Like 2

I see.

It probably means that I'm more pessimistic than you in that I think everyday people are capable of scumbaggery and immoral acts.

Those people you're referring to should be ashamed but of course, they won't be.

When you realize that evil is a part of human nature, you realize it's a part of you too.

• Like 2

I Can't say specifically, but it's been making me sad for a while. :(

I gave you a "like" because for a while now I have had an undefinable and strange "feeling" in the pit of my stomach brought on by who knows what. I'm not sure what it's about, but it leaves me with an uncharacteristic inner restlessness and discontent.

I gave you a "like" because for a while now I have had an undefinable and strange "feeling" in the pit of my stomach brought on by who knows what. I'm not sure what it's about, but it leaves me with an uncharacteristic inner restlessness and discontent.

Oh, ok, that's always disturbing, to feel like that. I hope it either goes away or you're able to figure it out!

I know what is causing my sadness, I just meant I can't say on here what it is.

• Like 1

Oh, ok, that's always disturbing, to feel like that. I hope it either goes away or you're able to figure it out!

I know what is causing my sadness, I just meant I can't say on here what it is.

:hug2:

• Like 1

Do you keep a journal? I find it sometimes helps when I try to put down words on how I feel, even when I don't know. It's like thinking aloud.

• Like 3

Do you keep a journal? I find it sometimes helps when I try to put down words on how I feel, even when I don't know. It's like thinking aloud.

I'm smiling because I began keeping one when I was 13. I used to carry it around in my handbag in the seventies and eighties. Often when I was out at a club or bar, I would pass it around to my friends to write in it. By the time I was 35, I had amassed at least twenty notebooks full of memories. One day I started to read through them. A friend of mine called while I was doing so and I told her what I was doing and that I had begun to read entries of things that happened that were better left not recalled.

She asked me what would happen if I died suddenly - would I want those journals to be read by anyone else? I thought long and hard about that. About a week later, I picked up the first journal and started ripping. It took me a long time, but I finally shredded (as best as I could in the days before shredders) all twenty journals. My hands were hurting when I was done.

They served me no purpose and, frankly, I think they are a waste of time.

Edited by Lorraine

I actually kept one for years and years, because I love to write. But then I stopped about 15 years ago. So I have a few close friends (bless their hearts) who get to read my emails in lieu of a journal!

But I do appreciate the suggestion.

I'm smiling because I began keeping one when I was 13. I used to carry it around in my handbag in the seventies and eighties. Often when I was out at a club or bar, I would pass it around to my friends to write in it. By the time I was 35, I had amassed at least twenty notebooks full of memories. One day I started to read through them. A friend of mine called while I was doing so and I told her what I was doing and that I had begun to read entries of things that happened that were better left not recalled.

She asked me what would happen if I died suddenly - would I want those journals to be read by anyone else? I thought long and hard about that. About a week later, I picked up the first journal and started ripping. It took me a long time, but I finally shredded (as best as I could in the days before shredders) all twenty journals. My hands were hurting when I was done.

I still have a ton of mine, but I have gone through and ripped pages out! But I think the writing can be therapeutic at the time.

But yikes, I can see how your hands would be killing you when you were done!!

• Like 1

I still have a journal my parents bought me in Nashville Tenn. when we were going to Florida in the spring break of 1968, just before I turned 10. I still have it, even though I almost never wrote in it until my first Important Girlfriend in the summer of 1975...from then on, I had already started another one in the early winter of 1976. Then in fall of 1978, I started The Basement Chronicles, a vestige of which is here on TRF. But a LOT of friends typed in that over the years, and I still whip it out and read that stuff once in awhile. My BFF Dave, who died in 2007 can always make me smile...

http://i.imgur.com/4pYFSay.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 4

I see.

When you realize that evil is a part of human nature, you realize it's a part of you too.

I'm Lucifer's grandpa. :blaze:

Really though, I don't think I've ever been conceited enough to think I was above committing a wrong. Even little little kids screw each other over through cheating at games they play, lying, stealing, bullying, whatever. When I saw those things as a little kid I didn't think, "Evil is a part of me too" or anything even remotely similar. I just recognized that someone was doing something that was wrong. And those other little kids were often just the average, run-of-the-mill kids. They weren't these evil little monsters with depressing family histories.

Everyday people do bad things. For material gain. Status. Whatever.

I'm not sure where the line is between "typical, bad acts" and "evil acts". And I'm not too sure that that's even as important as simply recognizing something is wrong or not fair.

((Edited to delete a 'not' that shouldn't have been there))

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1