What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I hope the FBI finds the person who did this.  Those kids had their whole lives ahead of them.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 11:33 AM, Krystal said:

I hope the FBI finds the person who did this.  Those kids had their whole lives ahead of them.

Such a sad and strange case.  So many unanswered questions, roommates slept through the whole thing, didn't call 911 until noon the next day.  Someone said others had the code for the lock so who knows who let themselves in...just seems to get worse as the days go by.

Had the realization that today was the 69th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.  Saw this on YouTube and it brought back all the sad memories.  I was in 5th grade and it was a terrible day.  Thinking of it reminds me how there were volatile elements to our politics even then.  I remember going back to my classroom from the lunchroom (where we saw the announcement of JFK's death on the tv) and no one but my teacher was there.  I saw her crying and I felt awkward so I walked to the back of the room and looked out the windows to see the empty playground. Then there was a kid running down the hall yelling "Now Nixon can be President!"  My teacher jumped up and went out into the hall and gave him what for, telling him to show some respect to the President.

Sad for our country and now it is so sad that we have so many mass killings so frequently.  Rather sobering to contemplate.

• Like 2

Henry Cavill was fired from Superman after he left The Witcher series to focus on that role.  He was told  by DC Studios that he could announce his return 2 months ago.  A lot of people are blaming Dwayne Johnson for this mess.  He acted like he owned the franchise and brought back Cavill in a cameo in his Black Adam movie.  He used Cavill as a pawn to get more people to see his film.  He made implicit promises to Cavill that he couldn't keep.  He's just an actor, not a studio executive.  

This whole mess is a result of the restructuring that's going on at Dc Studios. Wonder Woman 3 was also cancelled.  

Edited by Krystal

Come out of a store to be greeted by an accident scene, police and fire department vehicles all around.  A lady is being rolled onto a backboard, prior to being placed on a strecher.  She's bleeding from a wound below her left knee and has other injures from "road rash".  A witness said the lady was operating a motor scooter, came up too quickly to the back of an SUV and smashed into it.   A pair of slide sandals graced the scene and no helmet was seen, scooter was in two pieces, broken where the steering mechanism is attached to the frame.  Victim likely taking  triple KO-in the hospital injured, scooter is totaled, and she's probably liable for damage to the SUV.  Happy effing holidays.

35 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Come out of a store to be greeted by an accident scene, police and fire department vehicles all around.  A lady is being rolled onto a backboard, prior to being placed on a strecher.  She's bleeding from a wound below her left knee and has other injures from "road rash".  A witness said the lady was operating a motor scooter, came up too quickly to the back of an SUV and smashed into it.   A pair of slide sandals graced the scene and no helmet was seen, scooter was in two pieces, broken where the steering mechanism is attached to the frame.  Victim likely taking  triple KO-in the hospital injured, scooter is totaled, and she's probably liable for damage to the SUV.  Happy effing holidays.

:sad:

5 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

That's a sad one. :sad:  Scooter vs SUV usually isn't too good for the scooter . .

My Father died. 23/12/22. It's not so much his death, just the fact we (larger family) were all about to meet up in a few days for one last time. He died a few days before. He told me ''I don't think I'll make it''. I just thought it's so close, it'll be ok. I'm heartbroken we didn't get to say goodbye properly. This holiday period will never be the same again. RIP Dad.

35 minutes ago, condemned2bfree said:

My Father died. 23/12/22. It's not so much his death, just the fact we (larger family) were all about to meet up in a few days for one last time. He died a few days before. He told me ''I don't think I'll make it''. I just thought it's so close, it'll be ok. I'm heartbroken we didn't get to say goodbye properly. This holiday period will never be the same again. RIP Dad.

I'm so sorry to hear this, sweetie. Hugs to you and your family in this difficult time. Those family gatherings mean so much, I'm sorry it didn't get to happen the way it was planned. Our dads mean so much to us. Sending wishes for comfort and peace. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, blueschica said:

I'm so sorry to hear this, sweetie. Hugs to you and your family in this difficult time. Those family gatherings mean so much, I'm sorry it didn't get to happen the way it was planned. Our dads mean so much to us. Sending wishes for comfort and peace. 

Thanks so much. We are still meeting up on the 27th. Just don't know how I'll do it.

• Like 1

Late last night I saw that the drummer for Modest Mouse passed away.  The band has been one of my favorites for years. You will be missed Jeremiah. :rose:

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:42 PM, condemned2bfree said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your family. :rose: Take care of yourself. :heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

It`s not up there with the above events perhaps, but the realisation that another promising relationship has failed is never a great feeling.

Sorry to hear this, too, Jem. :sad: It can be very painful to think about the things that might have been but that never came true. I hope you'll find some comfort in doing things you love.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

I went searching online to find replacements for a couple of Queen pin badges I've lost, and I just can't find them for sale anywhere, at least not without the entire rest of the box sets they came with.

If anyone happens to have some pin badges on hand from Live At The Rainbow 74 or A Night At The Odeon, and doesn't want them anymore... DM me.

Gwyneth Paltrow speaking ecstatically about using cocaine.

IMO a small percentage of people can "do coke" and not get addicted. For the rest, it's the beginning of a long slide into learning about crack, and then spending all their money on drugs.

Etc etc.

Gwyn has said some remarkable silly things in the past but this one is a doozy. LOL