What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

On 7/16/2023 at 11:10 PM, Rhyta said:

Hope you are feeling better soon Zepphead :hug2:

Thanks Rhyta. Back up and running again! 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2023 at 1:39 AM, zepphead said:

Thanks Rhyta. Back up and running again! 

Glad to hear it, happy you got some time away too :smile:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Glad to hear it, happy you got some time away too :smile:

Yes, it was a trip for my 65th birthday ... we had a great weekend.

• Like 1

Feeling sad about all the changes going on in college football, it's all going too fast.  Also sad (and a bit pissed off) that the stupid commissioner of the PAC 12 let it self destruct...This is going to take some time to get my head around it all :sigh::facepalm:

• Like 1

Met this fellow way back in 1970, when he was a friend of one of my supervisors with City of Detroit. Even back then you could see his talent.  Adios, Sixto, RIP, Sugarman!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sixto-rodriguez-dies-age-81-singer-subject-searching-for-sugarman-documentary/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Met this fellow way back in 1970, when he was a friend of one of my supervisors with City of Detroit. Even back then you could see his talent.  Adios, Sixto, RIP, Sugarman!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sixto-rodriguez-dies-age-81-singer-subject-searching-for-sugarman-documentary/

That was such an interesting story! RIP, Sugarman.

I used to be so jealous of Natalie Portman.  Thought she had the perfect life, but I guess I was wrong. .

Her husband  had an affair with a 25-year old and now they're separating.  

220px-Natalie_Portman_(48470988352)_(cro

• Like 1

People in my city are so mean.  Innocent folks get shot and stabbed all the time by randoms.   You can meet crazy people when you're just shopping for groceries or waiting for a train.  Our supermarket has to have a security guard on staff at all times.  I have learned to keep my mouth shut, especially when I'm around people I don't know.  

11 hours ago, Krystal said:

People in my city are so mean.  Innocent folks get shot and stabbed all the time by randoms.   You can meet crazy people when you're just shopping for groceries or waiting for a train.  Our supermarket has to have a security guard on staff at all times.  I have learned to keep my mouth shut, especially when I'm around people I don't know.  

I assume you are in a Democrat led city.  Seems to be the pattern.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:01 AM, Apollo was astonished said:

I assume you are in a Democrat led city.  Seems to be the pattern.

Yeah like there aren't any mean Republicans..not a helpful comment.  Society in general is less empathetic and rude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two days ago my childhood family got the news that the eldest of our family had passed. She lived to be 99 years. She had such grace, warmth, wit, and a great sense of humour. She lived in her house in the countryside in our village since I guess from the 1940s until the end of August. Only the last few weeks were spent in the local hospital.

We used to visit her and her family a few times a year, and every single time we were warmly welcomed. She was the godmother of my father and mother of his cousins. She had a life full of work in the family farm, and she was widowed in the early 1980s. Later she also lost an adult child. She was always interested in how everybody was doing.

In June I visited her with my parents, and as we left she stayed by the window, waving her hand for as long as we were in sight. I waved back and thought that this may be the last time. And it was, for me.

Today as I was choosing a beautiful post card for condolences for her children, grandchildren and grand-grandchildren, I just broke into tears, again. The teardrops were like diamonds on my black sweater and stayed there for a long while. The qrand lady of our hearts will be missed for the rest of our lives. :heart:

Edited by Sun & Moon

8 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

At my annual eye exam  today I was advised  cataracts are starting to form.  No real obstruction of vision yet, but two years from now, I may need surgery.

The surgery is relatively painless and works well, I had one eye done 2 years ago and I wish I had done the operation earlier.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2023 at 11:42 AM, Krystal said:

I used to be so jealous of Natalie Portman.  Thought she had the perfect life, but I guess I was wrong. .

Her husband  had an affair with a 25-year old and now they're separating.  

220px-Natalie_Portman_(48470988352)_(cro

Here's my opinion on her situation- she probably was just ready to be a mom and chose someone who seemed to want the same things. Her soon to be ex husband was "just there."

Money problems ruin most marriages before infidelity does. 

Trust me, most wealthy famous people have some really depressing lives. I'm not going to say who but one extremely successful actor coke binged his way into a divorce, and was forced to live in a hotel after law enforcement TOLD him to remove himself from his marital home. 

Let's not even talk about the train wreck that is Shia LaBeouf's life. 

I'm more impressed by rich people that stay single so they don't wreck people's emotions with debauchery. 

Just my 2 cents....

On 9/14/2023 at 3:53 PM, Sun & Moon said:

Two days ago my childhood family got the news that the eldest of our family had passed. She lived to be 99 years. She had such grace, warmth, wit, and a great sense of humour. She lived in her house in the countryside in our village since I guess from the 1940s until the end of August. Only the last few weeks were spent in the local hospital.

We used to visit her and her family a few times a year, and every single time we were warmly welcomed. She was the godmother of my father and mother of his cousins. She had a life full of work in the family farm, and she was widowed in the early 1980s. Later she also lost an adult child. She was always interested in how everybody was doing.

In June I visited her with my parents, and as we left she stayed by the window, waving her hand for as long as we were in sight. I waved back and thought that this may be the last time. And it was, for me.

Today as I was choosing a beautiful post card for condolences for her children, grandchildren and grand-grandchildren, I just broke into tears, again. The teardrops were like diamonds on my black sweater and stayed there for a long while. The qrand lady of our hearts will be missed for the rest of our lives. :heart:

Hugs and condolences to you, Sun. This is such a lovely tribute to your relative!  I'm glad you got to have a last visit with her. Those can mean so much. It sounds like you have a great family to share memories with.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

I was informed that I have to have a meeting tomorrow to decide how and when my father is going to die.  

I'm so sorry that it sounds like you are losing your dad- deepest condolences. Take care, I will be thinking of you.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2023 at 1:53 PM, Sun & Moon said:

Oh my dear, I am so sorry for your loss.  What a blessing she was for you and your family to live such a good life for 99 years.  Big Hugs and love to you :hug2::rose:

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 9:14 AM, NoahLutz said:

I was informed that I have to have a meeting tomorrow to decide how and when my father is going to die.  

So very sorry to hear of your father's situation.  I helped my Mom 7 years ago through months of hospice and it is hard on those who are left behind.  This sounds even more so, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care :hug2:

• Like 3

On 9/26/2023 at 10:14 AM, NoahLutz said:

How heavy. I am sorry to hear of this.

I'm sad due to ongoing health issues. "Losing it" is always bitter.

• Like 2