What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

19 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Oh dear, so sad to hear this.  Hoping she gets good care, thoughts are with you :hug2:

Thanks, Rhyta, I appreciate it. Mom is out of the hospital as of yesterday and in a rehab facility, hopefully she will get strong enough to return to her apartment soon. Lots of physical therapy so far so I'm cautiously optimistic. Hope you are continuing to perk up after covid. :wave:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Rhyta said:

My god, 22 dead and 50-60 injured.  What a crazy world we live in :sad::wacko:

Still no sign of the shooter being apprehended, multiple updates has deaths at 16 now.  Still too many :rose:

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:20 PM, pjbear05 said:

Came across some pictures of Rocky and the kitties (Zena and The Lady Chablis), all on the other side of The Rainbow Bridge.

:heart:

Actually yesterday, but hearing that Aaron Spears has passed away earlier this week made me really sad. Such a loss. Way too early. Rest in peace, Aaron. :rose:

• Like 1

Just watched the film for the Beatles last single "Now and Then".  Couldn't help but cry a bit, it was so good to hear them together again and the film bringing up images from the past, truly amazing.

• Like 2

Pete Waldmier, long time sports columnist for the Detroit News, passes away at 92.  Pete was a straight up bad ass  who didn't take any s**t from anybody.  When the News was sold to Gannett and they were looking for more of  a "suck up" for the Sports Department Pete, who had an ironclad contract with the News told them to stfu.  I loved the guy.  Rest well, Pete!

https://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/31605/lengel_fearless_and_full_of_chutzpah_and_life_ex-detroit_news_columnist_pete_waldmeir_dies_at_92?fbclid=IwAR0qwqaH15mHBV16qbODuZYiB-4qW5yXQyCVHSSznrUJCT3LY9V0tPLejYQ 

• Like 2

Some sad news from back home made me irritated at how unfair life can be. Show appreciation to the decent teachers in your local schools. They don't get paid enough for what they put up with...........

• Like 1

Dove stopped making my favorite ice cream bar....  :fistscrying:

GRJ4V.jpg.jpg

• Like 1

Just found out that my longtime friend, Diane, lost her firstborn, Jeffrey (41 years old). 

DRUGS ruined his life for the past 20 years or more, and now they finally got the best of him.   :sad:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Just found out that my longtime friend, Diane, lost her firstborn, Jeffrey (41 years old). 

DRUGS ruined his life for the past 20 years or more, and now they finally got the best of him.   :sad:  

So sad.  I have several friends whose kids followed a similar path to an early exit.  Such a shame.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 7:55 PM, Principled Man said:

I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ve known that plenty of people who have gone too soon due to drugs, and I’ve been very close to some of them.

:rose:

• Like 1

So my father died in September of ‘22, after a two-year battle with metastatic prostate cancer. My younger brother had a heart attack last July, at the age of 38. He has a pacemaker and he’s all right, though.

Then his mother, my stepmother, passed died suddenly at the end of October.

But what’s gotten to me the most is that my younger son, almost 17, was diagnosed with severe depression a few months ago, also. He’s cut himself a couple of times…goes back and forth between being ‘better’, glimmers of hope for the future, etc., and then terrible fits of anger and depression just keep coming back.

In 20 years of being a parent, this is the most difficult time I’ve ever had. I believe he absolutely can come through all of this. But every day is a challenge. And even the smallest of victories mean everything.

13 hours ago, Blue J said:

So my father died in September of ‘22, after a two-year battle with metastatic prostate cancer. My younger brother had a heart attack last July, at the age of 38. He has a pacemaker and he’s all right, though.

But what’s gotten to me the most is that my younger son, almost 17, was diagnosed with severe depression a few months ago, also. He’s cut himself a couple of times…goes back and forth between being ‘better’, glimmers of hope for the future, etc., and then terrible fits of anger and depression just keep coming back.

In 20 years of being a parent, this is the most difficult time I’ve ever had. I believe he absolutely can come through all of this. But every day is a challenge. And even the smallest of victories mean everything.

So sorry to hear this.  My heart goes out to you, brother.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goose said:

So sorry to hear this.  My heart goes out to you, brother.

I appreciate it, goose, thank you.

I hope you and your lad have been well!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blue J said:

I appreciate it, goose, thank you.

I hope you and your lad have been well!

Been great.  He just turned 18

• Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 6:19 AM, Blue J said:

So sorry to hear this, it is cruel how life sometimes piles on troubles on top of troubles.  Wishing you and your son the best.

• Like 1

A couple of bummers:

A 7 year old girl is killed when a 5-6 foot deep sand hole she and an 8 year old boy were digging on a beach in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea collapses, burying them both.  Unknown how long both were buried.

On a more personal note, a four tooth bridge in my lower jaw came loose to the point that I can remove it.  I can fix it temporarily, but a long delayed course of dental care is in the offing.  We know how that might go-

• If it's fast and cheap, it won't be good.
  • If it's cheap and good, it won't be fast.
  • If it's good and fast, it won't be cheap.  Ah, well.
  • Like 1

Crookshanks.jpgMy cat of 15 years passed on Monday from an accident and I received his ashes on Thursday.Rest in peace Crookshanks, my buddy, my friend 🧡 I'll see you on the Rainbow Bridge.I'll take care of your sister for you.

Edited by Airship2112
Added picture of Crookshanks
  • Like 3

On 1/31/2024 at 2:55 AM, Principled Man said:

I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences. :rose:

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 3:19 PM, Blue J said:

I wish you strength and wisdom through this very hard time. :heart:

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 4:29 AM, Airship2112 said:

Crookshanks.jpgMy cat of 15 years passed on Monday from an accident and I received his ashes on Thursday.Rest in peace Crookshanks, my buddy, my friend 🧡 I'll see you on the Rainbow Bridge.I'll take care of your sister for you.

:sad::rose: I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 7:29 PM, Airship2112 said:

So sorry for your loss of Crookshanks (wish there really was a spell you could use for him :sad:)  I can relate, we lost our 14 year old Rusty almost a year ago and I still miss him :hug2:

• Like 3