What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

On 9/28/2023 at 8:37 AM, Rhyta said:

So very sorry to hear of your father's situation.  I helped my Mom 7 years ago through months of hospice and it is hard on those who are left behind.  This sounds even more so, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care :hug2:

Thoughts and prayers are most welcome.  Thank you.  

Apparently, life-saving procedures are unlikely to produce meaningful results and may actually do more harm than good.  Even if they succeed, his mind is going and he will remain in bed, in pain, and not altogether lucid.  As such, it seems that we will cease life-saving procedures within a week, and after that he will last for between 3 days and a few weeks.  I just need to support my mother as much as I can, be there for him, and try not to continually break down.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

Apparently, life-saving procedures are unlikely to produce meaningful results and may actually do more harm than good.  Even if they succeed, his mind is going and he will remain in bed, in pain, and not altogether lucid.  As such, it seems that we will cease life-saving procedures within a week, and after that he will last for between 3 days and a few weeks.  I just need to support my mother as much as I can, be there for him, and try not to continually break down.  

It's a process. The worst part of mourning is when it just comes back to you, long after the initial loss. But love is eternal.

• Like 3

On 9/29/2023 at 9:35 AM, NoahLutz said:

:hug2:

• Like 3

On 9/27/2023 at 6:06 AM, blueschica said:

Hugs and condolences to you, Sun. This is such a lovely tribute to your relative!  I'm glad you got to have a last visit with her. Those can mean so much. It sounds like you have a great family to share memories with.

Thank you, blueschica. :heart: I will be honoured to attend her memorial on Saturday.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2023 at 3:34 AM, Rhyta said:

Oh my dear, I am so sorry for your loss.  What a blessing she was for you and your family to live such a good life for 99 years.  Big Hugs and love to you :hug2::rose:

Thank you, Rhyta. :heart::rose: She will be remembered for her warmth and those eyes that smiled. A great soul never dies.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 6:35 PM, NoahLutz said:

I'm so very sorry to read this, NoahLutz. :sad::sad: Hugs and prayers coming your way.  :hug2::hug2::hug2: I wish you and your family a lot of strength during this devastating time.:heart:

• Like 2

https://www.joblo.com/bruce-willis-moonlighting-creator-gives-update-on-condition/

I heard rumors that Tarantino is trying to get him in at least one small role in his last movie, The Film Critic, as a Pulp Fiction reunion.  Sadly, it will mostly likely be similar to Burt Reynolds in OUATIH when he was supposed to play Bruce Dern's role before he died a month before the scene began.

• Like 1

Ugh, covid was going around my mom's senior residence again and she caught it.  It gives her atrial fibrillation for some reason and did again this time. She tested postive for covid and ended up in the er due to fainting from the afib.   It's under control now but she's in the hospital a few days; not the best place when you are 88 years old. :sad:

Of course the ER took forever, we were there until 3 am just getting her admitted.  Long weekend.

• Like 4

My mom's little doggie had to be euthanized. He's had seizures over time but they've mostly been well controlled until Tuesday night. He had a couple of smaller ones and then Wednesday night had a major one that he never really recovered from. My mom said she could tell he was struggling to breath and even walk so she made the decision to let him go to "doggie Heaven." 

It's hard for me knowing how much she loved the little guy and that he was kind of the last living thing that she and my dad cared for together late in my dad's life (he died 2 years ago this month).  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BastillePark said:

My mom's little doggie had to be euthanized. He's had seizures over time but they've mostly been well controlled until Tuesday night. He had a couple of smaller ones and then Wednesday night had a major one that he never really recovered from. My mom said she could tell he was struggling to breath and even walk so she made the decision to let him go to "doggie Heaven." 

It's hard for me knowing how much she loved the little guy and that he was kind of the last living thing that she and my dad cared for together late in my dad's life (he died 2 years ago this month).  

Caring thoughts to you and your mom. :hug2:. It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet, even more so with him being your dad's last pet.  I'm sure your mom will appreciate that you have memories of her fur guy along with her.  

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, blueschica said:

Ugh, covid was going around my mom's senior residence again and she caught it.  It gives her atrial fibrillation for some reason and did again this time. She tested postive for covid and ended up in the er due to fainting from the afib.   It's under control now but she's in the hospital a few days; not the best place when you are 88 years old. :sad:

Of course the ER took forever, we were there until 3 am just getting her admitted.  Long weekend.

:sad:  Waiting for help and care for hours is hard when you worry about the health of your loved one. I hope your mom is doing better by now. :hug2:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BastillePark said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. :sad: Our fur friends are a big part of our families, with the times and years spent together creating memories. I hope those beautiful moments carry your mom and your family through this sad loss. :hug2::heart:

• Like 3

10/24/98, 25 years ago today, they pushed the button and J. L. Hudson's iconic main store in downtown Detroit was imploded.  The store with everything.  Famous for their window displays, one of the largest replicas of the U.S. flag, and it s Christmas holiday conversion of their 12th floor into "Toyland".  I tried to work in stock replacement part time prior to Christmas of 1969 before the flu-which turned out to be Hong Kong Type A-knocked me out for a week.  Even seeing vids of the implosion are a drag.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 4:55 PM, BastillePark said:

Years ago my dog had a massive stroke at age 14...I had him put down humanely (vet's office.) I couldn't handle the thought of having a lingering confusing death.

He lived his best life. Sounds like your parents gave that dog a good life. That's something to treasure.

I'm sad about the impending demise of a business mentor of mine. He survived Vietnam so I know he doesn't fear death, & getting old has been hard for him. Off to Valhalla with my man G. 

Also sad about another mass shooting. UGH can't even go to Wal Mart to run an errand without worrying about some nutcase whipping out a gun and making chaos for exactly no good reason. What is it with these guys picking Wal Marts to attack? Seriously? I hate Wal Marts but I just try to avoid them. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 3:55 PM, BastillePark said:

Having a pet is both a joy and a heartbreak when it comes time to say goodbye.  The little doggie had a wonderful life with two people who loved him very much.  I am so sorry for you and your Mom's loss.  :hug2:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Just heard about the tragedy in Maine.  God forking damnit.

My god, 22 dead and 50-60 injured.  What a crazy world we live in :sad::wacko:

• Like 3

On 10/20/2023 at 2:35 PM, blueschica said:

Oh dear, so sad to hear this.  Hoping she gets good care, thoughts are with you :hug2:

• Like 3