What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Feeling very sad tonight. Our football team at the University of Utah is grieving the loss of another one of our players, Aaron Lowe. He was at a party Saturday night and a fight broke out, he stepped in to break it up and ended up getting shot along with another person. He died on the scene. It is so senseless and depressing. He played in the game earlier in the day and now he is gone.

What makes it even worse is he died 8 months after teammate Ty Jordan was killed in an accidental shooting last December in Texas. They were high school classmates and Lowe changed his number to 22 in honor of Jordan for this year. He was the first recipient of a scholarship set up in Ty Jordan's honor. :sigh: I was having a hard time getting psyched up for the season this year because of Ty's death, it just took some of the fun out of it. Now this with all the parallels just makes it seem like we are jinxed. They will be retiring the number 22 for both of them. This really sucks and they have few leads of the rotten s.o.b. who did this. :rage:

Edited by Rhyta

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now. She believes in that load of crap about aborted cells in vaccines yet fails to see the irony that viruses can kill pregnant women as well. I could get along with those of different beliefs in the past but putting gaslighting RWNJ Jim Jones cult crap over my life is where I draw the line. My estranged aunt and her sister may be crazy at times but I'm finally starting to realize she was right about my mom. I'm not even CLOSE to enjoying this but I have no other choice to block those who put blind partisanship and school of hard knocks crap over my life. I now know how Timothy Hutton felt about Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People. Family don't mean jack when it supports domestic terrorism and being a traitor to this country. That's how I roll. I even need it to live in my assisted living home (diagnosed with Asperger's) and for my job. She is so goddamn selfish and naive and has shown it in the past but that's it.

I messaged my cousin who lives in San Diego who has been friends with her to let him know since he's banished anyone who supports this cult since January 6. He's always been nice to me.

Just so long as you understand that this is a 2-way street. All the irrational crazies aren't all on one side.

I've had trf members give me the axe for voting for Trump. Maybe you will too now.

I'm glad I'm almost gone from this increasingly irrational, partisan, and insane world. Sometimes I think there's more hatred in the world today than ever which is why kindness shines out like a diamond.

Don't you all think it is high time we call an end to this? If we don't stop it now it will only result in more pain and suffering and sickness and, worse yet, more hatred.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Facing the inevitable loss of my cat, he is 16 and has been doing ok but started crying like he is in pain. Several trips to the vet and pain meds haven't aleviated his distress. I just cry with him. He's been my cuddle buddy and loveable curmudgeon. Talking to the vet tomorrow and go from there. Don't have a lot of hope but I don't want him to suffer more than necessary, guess I am selfish and not wanting to let him go. Think I would be better at this after many cats in my lifetime but it never gets easier. :kisshug: :to Ron Weasley.

I'm so sorry to see this, I'm sorry I didn't see it until now. We get so close to those cuddle buddy cats. Hugs to you both, I know it's never easy to have this happen. :hug2:

Have better news, vet seems to think he has high blood pressure so another visit to the vet this week to check. Also kidney issues so he'll have to change his diet. He's been hiding out in the basement, think he's ticked off at me and he hates the pills. Hubby gives them to him and he's bit him a couple of times. Got one of those pill syringes which works much better, so less stress now. He came back upstairs tonight and wanted cuddles. I know we are on borrowed time but if he can be in less pain then that makes it easier.

This is good news. I hope you have bought lots of extra time with him.

No. Death never gets easier to deal with, be it with animals or people. It's hard to deal with the knowledge of never seeing someone again in this life.

• Like 1

So my dad passed away today. he had been very sick for quite some time. We had him in hospice and he died peacefully there. he was 85 so he lived a good life. but he was really suffering the past few months.

you know my dad wasn't a music person but there was one song he adored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjoV6pkA-k

RIP dad ii'll miss you. and wherever you are......behave, lol

bye dad.

Mick

• Like 8

So my dad passed away today. he had been very sick for quite some time. We had him in hospice and he died peacefully there. he was 85 so he lived a good life. but he was really suffering the past few months.

bye dad.

Mick

Sincerely sorry to hear about this, Mick.

He's at peace now.

Better to die at Hospice than at an hospital.

:rose: :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

bye dad.

Mick

Wonderful tribute.

May he rest in peace...condolences to all who loved him.

• Like 2

bye dad.

Mick

Mick,

I am so sorry to read of your dad's passing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

He must have been a great person, because that is a great song.

Also, he has a cool son like you with an amazing taste in music.

May he rest in peace. :rose:

-Stephen

• Like 3

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now. She believes in that load of crap about aborted cells in vaccines yet fails to see the irony that viruses can kill pregnant women as well. I could get along with those of different beliefs in the past but putting gaslighting RWNJ Jim Jones cult crap over my life is where I draw the line. My estranged aunt and her sister may be crazy at times but I'm finally starting to realize she was right about my mom. I'm not even CLOSE to enjoying this but I have no other choice to block those who put blind partisanship and school of hard knocks crap over my life. I now know how Timothy Hutton felt about Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People. Family don't mean jack when it supports domestic terrorism and being a traitor to this country. That's how I roll. I even need it to live in my assisted living home (diagnosed with Asperger's) and for my job. She is so goddamn selfish and naive and has shown it in the past but that's it.

I messaged my cousin who lives in San Diego who has been friends with her to let him know since he's banished anyone who supports this cult since January 6. He's always been nice to me.

Just so long as you understand that this is a 2-way street. All the irrational crazies aren't all on one side.

I've had trf members give me the axe for voting for Trump. Maybe you will too now.

I'm glad I'm almost gone from this increasingly irrational, partisan, and insane world. Sometimes I think there's more hatred in the world today than ever which is why kindness shines out like a diamond.

Don't you all think it is high time we call an end to this? If we don't stop it now it will only result in more pain and suffering and sickness and, worse yet, more hatred.

Indeed.
  • Like 3

bye dad.

Mick

Sorry for your loss, Mick. It's wonderful that your father was afforded a graceful exit through hospice.
  • Like 3

bye dad.

Mick

My sincere condolences to you, Mick, and to all the family. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :rose: :hug2:

• Like 2

bye dad.

Mick

I'm so sorry to hear this about your dad, Mick. :hug2: There is no one like a dad, for sure. The song is such a great tribute to him- I hope you and your family can find peace and comfort in the memories. Hugs to you all.

• Like 3

Things just got a bit more dire, we have lost our funny cuddly boy Faramir, 14. He had been losing weight but still getting around ok but wouldn't eat or drink for a couple of days so we helped him over the Rainbow Bridge today. He was a Birman and so beautiful, seal point colored with blue eyes. I spent all of yesterday with him by me on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket and he slept on the bed with us.

Ron is hanging in there but still struggling and crying still. Monday taking Rusty in, he's dropped weight in the last week too. They all are elderly and it sucks they are fading at the same time. I know they are only pets to some but they are my little furry family. Even though you know you will lose them, it is always a shock. Wish I could post photos, they are such handsome lads.

:heart: :(

• Like 2

Things just got a bit more dire, we have lost our funny cuddly boy Faramir, 14. He had been losing weight but still getting around ok but wouldn't eat or drink for a couple of days so we helped him over the Rainbow Bridge today. He was a Birman and so beautiful, seal point colored with blue eyes. I spent all of yesterday with him by me on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket and he slept on the bed with us.

Ron is hanging in there but still struggling and crying still. Monday taking Rusty in, he's dropped weight in the last week too. They all are elderly and it sucks they are fading at the same time. I know they are only pets to some but they are my little furry family. Even though you know you will lose them, it is always a shock. Wish I could post photos, they are such handsome lads.

I'm very sad to hear this, Rhyta. :( Rest in peace, Faramir. :rose: He sounded like a really beautiful cat.

The furry family members we get to spend time with are so important to us, and having to let them go is tough. The sorrow is painful. I hope that you get to spend time with Ron and Rusty and honour the memory of Faramir the ways that you think is best. Hugs. :hug2:

• Like 2

Ohhh, hugs to you, Rhyta. :hug2: It's so sad to say goodbye even when it is the right time to do so. I'm glad you got to spend so much time with Faramir yesterday. :heart: I did the same thing before Tiki went to the vet, we had an all night slumber party on the couch. I'm so sorry to hear about Ron and Rusty having trouble as well. I'll be thinking of you. All three were so lucky to have a wonderful owner for so many years, I know it's very difficult though. :hug2:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

bye dad.

Mick

Mick, I'm so very sorry to hear that. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet him a few years ago and I'm still thankful for the kindness and hospitality he showed me. I wish your family the best during this terrible time.

• Like 4

I know how you feel. Nothing worse than losing a pet, and nothing worse than you having to had to make the decision to put him out of his misery.

I am very sorry. My advice is always the same: fill the empty ranks with cats who would love to have the loving home you would supply them. The shelters are full of them. That's where I found my Tulora, and she is the best cat I ever had.

• Like 3

So, my dad passed away today. He had been very sick for quite some time. We had him in hospice, and he died peacefully there. He was 85, so he lived a good life, but he was really suffering the past few months.

You know my dad wasn't a music person, but there was one song he adored.

RIP dad I'll miss you, and wherever you are......behave, lol

Bye dad.

Mick

Bluefox (Mick), I've been wanting to say sorry about for the loss your dad. I'm sure he was a good dad, and a loving, and caring one, too. My condolences, and sympathies to you, and the rest of the family. R.I.P., to him, too.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

Things just got a bit more dire, we have lost our funny cuddly boy Faramir, 14. He had been losing weight, but still getting around ok, but wouldn't eat, or drink for a couple of days, so we helped him over the Rainbow Bridge today. He was a Birman, and so beautiful, seal point colored with blue eyes. I spent all of yesterday with him by me on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket, and he slept on the bed with us.

Ron is hanging in there, but still struggling, and crying. Monday taking Rusty in, he's dropped weight in the last week, too. They all are elderly, and it sucks they are fading at the same time. I know they are only pets to some, but they are my little furry family. Even though you know you will lose them, it is always a shock. Wish I could post photos, they are such handsome lads.

I'm sorry about Faramir. Owning any kind of pet even if it is for not that many years has been a part of the family can still be hard. R.I.P., to him. I hope Ron, and Rusty are doing well, too.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

bye dad.

Mick

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your Dad sounded like a wonderful man, I wish you some peace and comfort knowing he was well cared for in his last days. :rose: :hug2:

• Like 1

bye dad.

Mick

So sorry for your loss, Mick.

• Like 1

The proprietors of an Italian restaurant, open since 1957 and famous for their Chicago thin style pizza, announced their retirement, and will be closing as of Saturday evening. Place had a real hole-in-the-wall vibe, but the food was great.
  • Like 1

https://variety.com/...-fe-1235094931/

This is Brandon Lee in The Crow all over again.

What possible reason could there have been to have a live round in a prop gun???

Straight out of a Columbo episode.

:(

Heard there were some crew members that were doing target shooting to blow off steam. Guess someone may have mixed up the guns...just stupid and no excuse whatsoever for it.