What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Today is the 5th anniversary of my Mom's passing. Sure do miss her, especially now during hockey playoffs. I learned to love the game because of her and I follow the Avs because they were her favorite team. Love you Mom :sigh: :rose:
  • Like 6

My brother would have been 49 today... :(

Missed this earlier, these anniversaries are hard. :rose: :hug2:

• Like 3

Things messy in Surfside after the catastrophic collapse of a condo building at 1:30 this morning, local TV stations been covering all day. 1 confirmed dead, 53 people located, but another 99 unaccounted for.

Vid of collapse very graphic.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uKvleU22e-k

Edited by pjbear05

Sanctimonious people who have a pathological need to take shots at what they perceive other people's religious beliefs to be, even when the topic has fuckall to do with religion. I'm not sure what deep abiding need they have to derive such satisfaction from it, but it would be inhuman not to feel at least some level of sadness about it.
  • Like 1

Things messy in Surfside after the catastrophic collapse of a condo building at 1:30 this morning, local TV stations been covering all day. 1 confirmed dead, 53 people located, but another 99 unaccounted for.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=uKvleU22e-k

4 confirmed dead, 159 still unaccounted for. Aside from residents who evacuated shortly after the collapse, only 1 teenage male was pulled from the rubble alive and survivng shortly after collapse. His mother was also recovered, but either died at the hospital or was DOA. Onsite press conference scheduled for 10:30, local TV coverage has been almost continuous.

Press conference edit: 4 dead, 127 accounted for,159 unaccounted for, 37 rescued from building, 2 pulled from rubble. Rescue efforts hampered by fire deep within rubble, source location unknown, likely burning vehicles.

Edited by pjbear05

4 confirmed dead, 159 still unaccounted for. Aside from residents who evacuated shortly after the collapse, only 1 teenage male was pulled from the rubble alive and survivng shortly after collapse. His mother was also recovered, but either died at the hospital or was DOA. Onsite press conference scheduled for 10:30, local TV coverage has been almost continuous.

Press conference edit: 4 dead, 127 accounted for,159 unaccounted for, 37 rescued from building, 2 pulled from rubble. Rescue efforts hampered by fire deep within rubble, source location unknown, likely burning vehicles.

This is so sad. I wonder if they will ever find the cause. It seems like the kind of thing that happens in third world countries, unfortunately.

• Like 2

This is so sad. I wonder if they will ever find the cause. It seems like the kind of thing that happens in third world countries, unfortunately.

Sounds like there were major construction issues identified in 2018.

• Like 2

It is just horrible, so sad for all the people who are waiting to find their loved ones. :(

• Like 3

For the past few years, I've watched a local Osprey cam and this year there were two chicks that are almost as big as the adults but haven't gotten to the flying stage yet. Last night there were still two but when I looked this afternoon, there's only one. I don't know if one died from the ridiculous heat (they're in full sunlight all the time but the adults have been actually shielding them as best they can) or if it fell out or something else happened, but it's pretty sad, at least to me.
  • Like 2

Bad enough it got to 109 today. The heat was oppressive. But my husband has a loose bowel problem and walked around in soiled undergarments all day. I kept smelling it and I asked him if he pooped in his pants and he said no. He comes to me tonight with his underwear full of poop asking what he should do with them. Edited by Lorraine

Bad enough it got to 109 today. The heat was oppressive. But my husband has a loose bowel problem and walked around in soiled undergarments all day. I kept smelling it and I asked him if he pooped in his pants and he said no. He comes to me tonight with his underwear full of poop asking what he should do with them.

I was wondering if you guys were in the heat wave. That plus your husband is a LOT to deal with in one day. :hug2:

• Like 3

For the past few years, I've watched a local Osprey cam and this year there were two chicks that are almost as big as the adults but haven't gotten to the flying stage yet. Last night there were still two but when I looked this afternoon, there's only one. I don't know if one died from the ridiculous heat (they're in full sunlight all the time but the adults have been actually shielding them as best they can) or if it fell out or something else happened, but it's pretty sad, at least to me.

Sad update. They turned the camera off because both chicks ended up dying from the heat. I've read that there were a lot of young birds found dead or out of the nest due to the unprecedented heat.

• Like 2

Sad update. They turned the camera off because both chicks ended up dying from the heat. I've read that there were a lot of young birds found dead or out of the nest due to the unprecedented heat.

:( :( That's so sad.

• Like 2

Idiots starting up the fireworks, big and loud. Problem is Rocky is just snoozing in his cage. Lately I had noticed he responds to visual stimuli much more than audio, but this might confirm it. He has suffered some sort of severe, and permanent, hearing loss.

I`m not liking the post in a "like" way, just the sadness of it I can relate to - we have so many amazing birds in our woods and it`s great to see them. Scotland doesn`t have those horrible climate problems but... surely it will in the future.
  • Like 1

I`m not liking the post in a "like" way, just the sadness of it I can relate to - we have so many amazing birds in our woods and it`s great to see them. Scotland doesn`t have those horrible climate problems but... surely it will in the future.

Normally we don't either. We literally set a record for the all time high temperature, three days in a row, with Monday reaching 115 (just over 46 for you). It was terrible.

Normally we don't either. We literally set a record for the all time high temperature, three days in a row, with Monday reaching 115 (just over 46 for you). It was terrible.

I remember watching a Yellowstone documentary about the animals needing to get higher and higher... and how they`ll soon have nowhere to go. It sucks, because we`ve done it to them and to the planet. *I prefer fahrenheit - makes the numbers look much more "wow".
  • Like 1

The remains of the condo was just brought down in a controlled demolition explosion. The demo was performed by Controlled Demolition Inc. Classic demo collapse, came down without a hitch.

Edited by pjbear05

Idiots starting up the fireworks, big and loud. Problem is Rocky is just snoozing in his cage. Lately I had noticed he responds to visual stimuli much more than audio, but this might confirm it. He has suffered some sort of severe, and permanent, hearing loss.

Rocky snoozed through the majority of the fireworks again tonight. He still recognizes me visually, comes running when I appear to let him in when he's out but I am pretty sure his hearing is shot. Not sure if my Vet can offer an explanation.

Rocky snoozed through the majority of the fireworks again tonight. He still recognizes me visually, comes running when I appear to let him in when he's out but I am pretty sure his hearing is shot. Not sure if my Vet can offer an explanation.

How old is he?

How old is he?

He's 14+. And take it from a former dogcatcher, Rush's and the the rest of the world's assertions about 1 dog year equaling 7 human years isn't necessarily so. Thers are multiple factors like actual age, size, breeding, etc. For him, it figures out to about 89. Makes him older than I am! Edited by pjbear05

How old is he?

He's 14+. And take it from a former dogcatcher, Rush's and the the rest of the world's assertions about 1 dog year equaling 7 human years isn't necessarily so. Thers are multiple factors like actual age, size, breeding, etc. For him, it figures out to about 89. Makes him older than I am!

Better for him that he can't hear the fireworks. I wish I couldn't hear them.

I'm sure it's just his age that has made his hearing go.

Your dog has been through a lot.

• Like 1