FIRST SINGLE RUMORED

RUSHFREAK101

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 14 2012, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHFREAK101 @ Mar 14 2012, 06:12 PM)
Hey everyone

according to RUSH IS A BAND website, they are saying that the first single is rumored to come out on Mar 30th

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-NEW RUSH!

Yaaahooooooo! 653.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Well if this rumour pans out, the May release for the album looks even that more probable!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 14 2012, 06:59 PM)
Ugh. How about they release the entire album on March 30th. They at least owe us that.

I agree 100% yes.gif

In fact at this point, RUSH owes us each a personal concert where they play the entire album at each of our houses.

Then, since they made us wait SOOOO long they should actually pay us to have the album.

Then when they go on tour, the same thing, whatever the ticket prices would normally be, they should deposit that amount into our bank accounts.

Then, they should also provide each of us, not a group of us, but each person individually, a limo to the show and then to a nearby hotel where they pay for the most expensive suite available, one with a hot tub and fully stocked bar, again, each fan should get their own room.

Then, they should fly us via private jet from show to show and follow the protocol I have outlined above.

That is the least they can do....they owe us that!

(For those of you who don't understand this post, this is "sarcasm") wink.gif

I'd love to read a CA review from an expert (of those that are going to that Lunch & Listen)... if we can't listen to CA, at least we can read to wink.gif

"Roadrunner Records is inviting 120 industry executives and promoters on Tuesday March 27th at 11 AM for a "Lunch and Listen" to the new Rush record. I saw an invite to this through a good friend of mine who is attending it and works for the NY Post. He also told me a single is going to be coming that following Friday so that puts us at the 30th for a new song. ..."

Edited by Alexmai

Its "the gangster of singles" trilogy...

Looks like we're getting this album one song at a time...

So lame sad.gif

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 14 2012, 05:34 PM)
Well my guess is the single won't be part of the CA suite. We already have two song's from the story so this single will probably be a "side 2" song. If they did re-record Caravan and BU2B I won't mind if they keep the arrangements the same but if Lifeson plays a different solo for Caravan that would be great. I thought his solo was on the weird side in that song. LOL

His weird side solos are great, that's how we get stuff like the one in The Analog Kid.

QUOTE (tas7 @ Mar 15 2012, 02:19 AM)
Caravan is awesome, the only bit I think they should ditch is that bit in the middle that sounds like The A Team theme where Neil rolls around his toms.

What? No, that part's cool. It reminds me of the main Earthshine riff a bit somehow.

A-Team reference is cool though laugh.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 653.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif

Awesome news!

Everyone can hate on this all they want - I am psyched for this album. I really like Caravan and BU2B. I was so disappointed in S&A, after the fury and fire of VT (even with its poor production, I would choose VT over S&A any day!) So I have a good feeling about this one. Even if its not the next MP, it already has two songs that are better than 80% of S&A.

It's funny, this band has built its reputation on being weird, progressive, ever-changing, doing angular weirdness and crazy arrangements, but everyone dumps on VT and I loved it because even within the framework of what Rush does, its out there, nutty, energetic, emotive and honest. Can't wait until the day that one sees a remaster.

So here the band does a song like Caravan that is a little weird, off-kilter and everyone hates it. That is fine. To each his own. trink39.gif

As for me, I am just happy to have an album that could possibly hold its own with some of the band's best work. It might not, but I will approach it with an open mind. And I plan to be jamming this album all summer long, cranked up to 11!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

It's a 75 min song called Jacobs Other Ladder. Sure to please the" Older Prog" crowd.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 14 2012, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 14 2012, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 14 2012, 05:34 PM)
Well my guess is the single won't be part of the CA suite. We already have two song's from the story so this single will probably be a "side 2" song. If they did re-record Caravan and BU2B I won't mind if they keep the arrangements the same but if Lifeson plays a different solo for Caravan that would be great. I thought his solo was on the weird side in that song. LOL

weird and sounds out of place with no melody. i just went back to give it another try and it's not happening for me. the well is running dry.

The time signature changes coming out the solo section is pure brilliance. Caught me off guard when I first heard it and I'm a drummer. Neil's syncopation when they come out of the last chorus and into the ending verse section is brilliance as well. Geddy is tearing it up throughout the whole song. Sounds re-energized. The well is full on this side.

yes.gif

Caravan is a great song.

Here's to new material!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 14 2012, 08:32 PM)
Hey everyone

according to RUSH IS A BAND website, they are saying that the first single is rumored to come out on Mar 30th

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Well if this rumour pans out, the May release for the album looks even that more probable!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Definitely, because history shows that if they release a single, the album will follow shortly. It's not like they're going to release a single and wait two years for the album or anything! no.gif

AND we know that if RIAB reported it, it will definitely happen! yes.gif

*goes off to watch Rush perform at the Olympics for the 800th time*

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Mar 15 2012, 02:53 AM)
I'd love to read a CA review from an expert (of those that are going to that Lunch & Listen)... if we can't listen to CA, at least we can read to wink.gif

"Roadrunner Records is inviting 120 industry executives and promoters on Tuesday March 27th at 11 AM for a "Lunch and Listen" to the new Rush record. I saw an invite to this through a good friend of mine who is attending it and works for the NY Post. He also told me a single is going to be coming that following Friday so that puts us at the 30th for a new song. ..."

This is the best news I've heard so far! This basically confirms every rumor that has come lately! The New single on the 30th of March, the May release if not sooner, but more importantly, it confirms that the guys feel strong enough about this album to have it exposed for review prior to its release. Face it, all these writers and executives could alter the sell of the album for non-RUSH fans with one bad review. I don't think RUSH would exposed themselves like this if they didn't feel great about This album!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Its gonna ROCK!

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

1022.gif applaudit.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 15 2012, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 14 2012, 08:32 PM)
Hey everyone

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Definitely, because history shows that if they release a single, the album will follow shortly. It's not like they're going to release a single and wait two years for the album or anything! no.gif

AND we know that if RIAB reported it, it will definitely happen! yes.gif

*goes off to watch Rush perform at the Olympics for the 800th time*

It's pronounced "rumour" smile.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 15 2012, 01:12 PM)

This is the best news I've heard so far! This basically confirms every rumor that has come lately! The New single on the 30th of March, the May release if not sooner, but more importantly, it confirms that the guys feel strong enough about this album to have it exposed for review prior to its release. Face it, all these writers and executives could alter the sell of the album for non-RUSH fans with one bad review. I don't think RUSH would exposed themselves like this if they didn't feel great about This album!

Its gonna ROCK!

I think they did the same thing with SnA as far as having a listening party. I remember one of the insiders giving a review before we heard it.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 15 2012, 01:12 PM)

Its gonna ROCK!

didn't they feel strong enough about s & a? unsure.gif even though the album sucks to me they are very proud of it and i think alex sent a copy to david gilmour when they completed it. it was sort of a thanks to gilmour for his advice but damn i'd be embarrassed to send that one to david gilmour. eh.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 14 2012, 11:48 PM)
Ugh. How about they release the entire album on March 30th. They at least owe us that.

I agree 100% yes.gif

In fact at this point, RUSH owes us each a personal concert where they play the entire album at each of our houses.

Then, since they made us wait SOOOO long they should actually pay us to have the album.

Then when they go on tour, the same thing, whatever the ticket prices would normally be, they should deposit that amount into our bank accounts.

Then, they should also provide each of us, not a group of us, but each person individually, a limo to the show and then to a nearby hotel where they pay for the most expensive suite available, one with a hot tub and fully stocked bar, again, each fan should get their own room.

Then, they should fly us via private jet from show to show and follow the protocol I have outlined above.

One person understands me at least.

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 15 2012, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 14 2012, 11:48 PM)

I agree 100% yes.gif

One person understands me at least.

You forgot serving us breakfast in bed. I hear Alex can scramble one hell of an egg.