FIRST SINGLE RUMORED

RUSHFREAK101

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 18 2012, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 17 2012, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 07:43 PM)
The first single came out nearly two years ago.

This point of obviousness seems to have escaped some people. We're waiting for the SECOND single. yes.gif

You know what? SO much time has passed that there's no way I consider this a second single. The songs came out, the CD was bought... those two songs are CA Pt. I, to be followed now by CA Pt.II for which we'll have to buy those two songs over again. I get that they planned this new album a while ago, but after two years, no way can you still count those songs as part of the new thing.... biggrin.gif

Perhaps we can all agree (a man can dream, anyway) that releasing two songs from an upcoming album 2 years prior to the actual album coming out was a pretty bad idea.

But it wasn't their idea when the single was released. Had their intention been to release two songs and wait two years before putting out the record, then of course it would have been a bad idea.

It might not have been what they intended, but it's what they ended up doing. They could have chosen to not do a second leg and gone in the studio liked they planned.

Anyway, it's easy to say it wasn't a good idea in retrospect. Regardless, the album is coming soon...

Caravan and BU2B were the teaser trailers to Clockwork Angels (Coming soon to a theater near you) . I think RUSH has learned a couple of things from the Lucas camp on how to milk a project!

rofl3.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if the single will actually be released, but all I know is i'm excited for the album either way smile.gif Edited by Strangiato

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 11:26 PM)
They could have chosen to not do a second leg and gone in the studio liked they planned.

But, If they wouldn't have done a second leg, then I wouldn't have been able to see them for the first time.

So, for me I don't mind the wait because I got to see the Time machine tour set live (which was a very enjoyable set for me.)

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 05:55 AM)
Do you know any bands that have made an album 30 years after what's often considered to be their best album where that album was anywhere close to as good as the one from 30 years prior? I can count them on no hands.

Magma. smile.gif

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Mar 22 2012, 08:28 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 11:26 PM)
They could have chosen to not do a second leg and gone in the studio liked they planned.

But, If they wouldn't have done a second leg, then I wouldn't have been able to see them for the first time.

So, for me I don't mind the wait because I got to see the Time machine tour set live (which was a very enjoyable set for me.)

I for one, was very happy with their second leg of the tour. All it ment was that I was able to take my kid to see RUSH and in Las Vegas too! I saw them 4 times in total and every show got better in my opinion!

Las Vegas was just an incredible show. They were really happy to be playing there!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 22 2012, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 05:55 AM)
Do you know any bands that have made an album 30 years after what's often considered to be their best album where that album was anywhere close to as good as the one from 30 years prior?  I can count them on no hands.

Magma. smile.gif

Ah, you must be referring to K.A - I know that one has ridiculously good reviews on progarchives, but I've never heard it.

I guess if there's one band that would break this rule, it would be a band as weird as Magma. tongue.gif

"The time signature changes coming out the solo section is pure brilliance. Caught me off guard when I first heard it and I'm a drummer. Neil's syncopation when they come out of the last chorus and into the ending verse section is brilliance as well. Geddy is tearing it up throughout the whole song. Sounds re-energized. The well is full on this side. "

I completely concur. Well is dry nothin. I can't enough of Caravan and Alex's solo in it! Weird? Maybe to some people maybe. But to me weird or I prefer different. Unique. That is why Alex Lifeson get's paid the big bucks. Rush plays "weird" music to a lot of people. We love Alex and Rush because of this. When you've done all those albums and songs and solos the idea is to try to find a different angle. What else can I do? That is the essence of Rush. Caravan and BU2B ROCK!

May seems so far away. I want that album so bad! I know it's gonna be amazing. Loved Snakes... Loved Vapor Trails. Bring on the new Rush. I live for it!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (VinnyK @ Mar 22 2012, 05:50 PM)
"The time signature changes coming out the solo section is pure brilliance. Caught me off guard when I first heard it and I'm a drummer. Neil's syncopation when they come out of the last chorus and into the ending verse section is brilliance as well. Geddy is tearing it up throughout the whole song. Sounds re-energized. The well is full on this side. "

I completely concur. Well is dry nothin. I can't enough of Caravan and Alex's solo in it! Weird? Maybe to some people maybe. But to me weird or I prefer different. Unique. That is why Alex Lifeson get's paid the big bucks. Rush plays "weird" music to a lot of people. We love Alex and Rush because of this. When you've done all those albums and songs and solos the idea is to try to find a different angle. What else can I do? That is the essence of Rush. Caravan and BU2B ROCK!

May seems so far away. I want that album so bad! I know it's gonna be amazing. Loved Snakes... Loved Vapor Trails. Bring on the new Rush. I live for it!

trink39.gif

alex is at his best when he's plays melodic and the solo in caravan is not melodic. no.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 22 2012, 08:58 PM)
What would you do if the rest of CA was better than hemispheres, Xanadu, and all of mp ohmy.gif

Odd times galore and surprises, and virtuosity and rickenbackers and acoustic percussion and beautiful segments followed by delicious metal segments and more amazingness? ohmy.gif

Dude, I'd be THRILLED, and I'd be honest in my love for it. I don't hate on all new Rush just for principle or something. I truly loved the first three songs off S&A and thought the instrumentals were great. A couple of other songs were very good. I call 'em like I see 'em, good and bad. Just being I'm pessimistic about the new album, doesn't mean I won't give the album a very fair chance. I will. yes.gif

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Mar 25 2012, 09:47 AM)
Did I miss anything on this? If a new single is coming in five days wouldn't we have official word by now?

There's a listening luncheon for executives and other invited quests on the Tuesday the 27th. I'm sure the official announcements will come shorty after if not on that date along with reviews of the album by all the invited writers.

I hope!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 25 2012, 03:01 PM)
Did I miss anything on this? If a new single is coming in five days wouldn't we have official word by now?

There's a listening luncheon for executives and other invited quests on the Tuesday the 27th. I'm sure the official announcements will come shorty after if not on that date along with reviews of the album by all the invited writers.

I hope!

confused13.gif

i doubt the invited will say anything bad about the album. they all work for roadrunner right?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 25 2012, 03:03 PM)

I hope!

confused13.gif

i doubt the invited will say anything bad about the album. they all work for roadrunner right?

I think Roadrunner is the host. I don't think everyone invited works for them. Either way, I don't really trust the feedback from these things as they only hear it once.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 25 2012, 02:50 PM)

I hope!

confused13.gif

I think Roadrunner is the host. I don't think everyone invited works for them. Either way, I don't really trust the feedback from these things as they only hear it once.

You're right about Roadrunner being the host, I believe it was mentioned that the invitees were journalists and reviewers.

But how many times do you think a movie reviewer watches a movie before writing a review? Do you watch or listen to things multiple times before offering an opinion about it? I sure don't.

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 25 2012, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Mar 25 2012, 02:50 PM)

I hope!

confused13.gif

You're right about Roadrunner being the host, I believe it was mentioned that the invitees were journalists and reviewers.

But how many times do you think a movie reviewer watches a movie before writing a review? Do you watch or listen to things multiple times before offering an opinion about it? I sure don't.

I don't know, really. Depends on what I'm watching/listening to. Some things can hit me after one listen right away. But I've read reports from listening parties before and when I eventually heard the album, my opinion of what I had heard was vastly different. That's why I don't really trust them. It'll be nice to hear from people who have heard this album in full. And to be honest, it'll be even nicer to hear if there are any major differences in Caravan/BU2B, as we've heard those for almost two years now. So, in that regard, I'm interested in hearing about it.

But in most cases, I have to hear an album much more than one time to make an informed opinion about it.