FIRST SINGLE RUMORED

RUSHFREAK101

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 17 2012, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 17 2012, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 17 2012, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 16 2012, 09:46 PM)
i really wish they would have chosen a different producer.

Almost anyone would have been a better choice. I wish they'd bring back their 4th member at least as a cameo.

Wrong. He pretty much single handedly got them to do a concept record again which none of us thought would happen. I don't even think they would be using Taurus Pedals or keys again if it wasn't for Nick. SnA was mostly written when he came on board so I will judge him on this record not SnA.(which still has a lot of classic moments)

i don't think so. i think neil had something like this in his little black book for a while and he himself said the streampunk thing he finds interesting. he passed it along to the other two and they went along with it.

No real surprise. The "other two" have been lying down like sheep ever since 2000.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 17 2012, 01:00 PM)

Almost anyone would have been a better choice. I wish they'd bring back their 4th member at least as a cameo.

Wrong. He pretty much single handedly got them to do a concept record again which none of us thought would happen. I don't even think they would be using Taurus Pedals or keys again if it wasn't for Nick. SnA was mostly written when he came on board so I will judge him on this record not SnA.(which still has a lot of classic moments)

Agree. I've enjoyed Nick's input and ethusiasm. I also think S&A was a fine SOUNDING album from purely a sonic standpoint. Very lush. I mean, we're dealing with a digital record, so it's hardly as lovely sounding to me as Foo's Wasting Light (recorded AND edited on tape -- and I'm not comparing material here, just sonics), but after the sonic disaster that was Vapor Trails, Snakes & Arrows was a fine sounding record. I also prefer the writing as well. I loved the mix of acoustic and electric guitars throughout. Very strong album to me. I hope Clockwork Angels is even in this ballpark. I realize I'm in the minority next to the negative Nellies (waits for Goob to statistically illustrate to me that I'm wrong) on S&A, but every album has its legion of fans and I'm one of S&A. Just like I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can listen to the debut record or Caress of Steel. Hat for every head.

trink39.gif

I think S&A was a really good record and saved them from oblivion after their two worst efforts, so you'll get no corrections from me. no.gif

*puts away statistical charts and graphs*

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 09:13 PM)

Agree. I've enjoyed Nick's input and ethusiasm. I also think S&A was a fine SOUNDING album from purely a sonic standpoint. Very lush. I mean, we're dealing with a digital record, so it's hardly as lovely sounding to me as Foo's Wasting Light (recorded AND edited on tape -- and I'm not comparing material here, just sonics), but after the sonic disaster that was Vapor Trails, Snakes & Arrows was a fine sounding record. I also prefer the writing as well. I loved the mix of acoustic and electric guitars throughout. Very strong album to me. I hope Clockwork Angels is even in this ballpark. I realize I'm in the minority next to the negative Nellies (waits for Goob to statistically illustrate to me that I'm wrong) on S&A, but every album has its legion of fans and I'm one of S&A. Just like I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can listen to the debut record or Caress of Steel. Hat for every head.

trink39.gif

I think S&A was a really good record and saved them from oblivion after their two worst efforts, so you'll get no corrections from me. no.gif

tongue.gif

But Im sure you would agree that it doesn't stand up to the material of 2112 through MP....

S 'n A might as well have stood for Steaming and Acrid.

There are already two better songs on CA that have been released than there were on S 'n A. Here's hoping that everything else is as good as what has already been released.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 06:15 PM)

trink39.gif

tongue.gif

But Im sure you would agree that it doesn't stand up to the material of 2112 through MP....

It doesn't. I rate S&A #14 out of their 18 albums, but for me there's a sharp dividing line between 14 and 15 through 18, as those last 4 I really don't care for.

Not their best by a long shot, but a hell of a lot better than I ever thought they'd be capable of in these latter days.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 10:17 PM)

trink39.gif

tongue.gif

It's not. I rate S&A #14 out of their 18 albums, but for me there's a sharp dividing line between 14 and 15 through 18, as those last 4 I really don't care for.

Not their best by a long shot, but a hell of a lot more than I ever thought they'd be capable of in these latter days.

What's 15-18? Just for laughs...

I mean besides T4E and VT, which is fairly obvious... laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:18 PM)

trink39.gif

tongue.gif

It's not. I rate S&A #14 out of their 18 albums, but for me there's a sharp dividing line between 14 and 15 through 18, as those last 4 I really don't care for.

Not their best by a long shot, but a hell of a lot more than I ever thought they'd be capable of in these latter days.

Just a guess... Presto and RTB?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 07:18 PM)

trink39.gif

tongue.gif

15. Presto

16. RTB

17. T4E

18. VT

Sometimes I vacillate with the placement of RTB and T4E. RTB DOES have the excellent Dreamline, but that's pretty much it, and some of the rest of the songs have even more embarrassingly bad lyrics than Dog Years or Virtuality (or at least they give those songs a run for their money). I usually give RTB the slight edge, however, because it does have one song I love, where T4E doesn't have any. Still, neither are as good as the generally mediocre Presto, and both are light years better than the disastrous VT.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 09:27 PM)

trink39.gif

tongue.gif

15. Presto

16. RTB

17. T4E

18. VT

Sometimes I vacillate with the placement of RTB and T4E. RTB DOES have the excellent Dreamline, but that's pretty much it, and some of the rest of the songs have even more embarrassingly bad lyrics than Dog Years or Virtuality (or at least they give those songs a run for their money). I usually give RTB the slight edge, however, because it does have one song I love, where T4E doesn't have any. Still, neither are as good as the generally mediocre Presto, and both are light years better than the disastrous VT.

i really hope they don't bring back dreamline for the next tour. sad.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 08:27 PM)

trink39.gif

tongue.gif

15. Presto

16. RTB

17. T4E

18. VT

Nailed it.

(I did)

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 17 2012, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 09:27 PM)

trink39.gif

tongue.gif

15. Presto

16. RTB

17. T4E

18. VT

i really hope they don't bring back dreamline for the next tour. sad.gif

I really don't care what they play live or not, it's all about the studio albums for me. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 07:43 PM)
The first single came out nearly two years ago.

This point of obviousness seems to have escaped some people. We're waiting for the SECOND single. yes.gif

You know what? SO much time has passed that there's no way I consider this a second single. The songs came out, the CD was bought... those two songs are CA Pt. I, to be followed now by CA Pt.II for which we'll have to buy those two songs over again. I get that they planned this new album a while ago, but after two years, no way can you still count those songs as part of the new thing.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 09:03 PM)

This point of obviousness seems to have escaped some people. We're waiting for the SECOND single. yes.gif

You know what? SO much time has passed that there's no way I consider this a second single. The songs came out, the CD was bought... those two songs are CA Pt. I, to be followed now by CA Pt.II for which we'll have to buy those two songs over again. I get that they planned this new album a while ago, but after two years, no way can you still count those songs as part of the new thing.... biggrin.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped them from the album altogether. CA could be their 20th studio album after all. confused13.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:03 PM)

Perhaps we can all agree (a man can dream, anyway) that releasing two songs from an upcoming album 2 years prior to the actual album coming out was a pretty bad idea.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 10:03 PM)

I agree there is nothing new now about Caravan and BU2B, they are neo-classic Rush now. I can even play them or watch them LIVE!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 10:22 PM)

Perhaps we can all agree (a man can dream, anyway) that releasing two songs from an upcoming album 2 years prior to the actual album coming out was a pretty bad idea.

But it wasn't their idea when the single was released. Had their intention been to release two songs and wait two years before putting out the record, then of course it would have been a bad idea.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 09:22 PM)

I agree...

QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 17 2012, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 17 2012, 10:22 PM)

But it wasn't their idea when the single was released. Had their intention been to release two songs and wait two years before putting out the record, then of course it would have been a bad idea.

It might not have been what they intended, but it's what they ended up doing. They could have chosen to not do a second leg and gone in the studio liked they planned.

Anyway, it's easy to say it wasn't a good idea in retrospect. Regardless, the album is coming soon...