last movie you watched

sonicjams

Titanic.......i really don't know why.

Actually i'd enjoy the film if they cut the love story. i'm way more interested IN THE SHIP!!!!!!!!! Interesting notion for a film called Titanic right?

i remember being 12 and seeing this film and nearly getting thrown out because when it cut back to our romantic bozos for the millionth time. i actually shouted WHO CARES?????!!!

Yea......mom wasn't happy about that, lol

Mick

I was in my late 20's when I saw Titanic and had a very different reaction to this movie.

I saw Titanic the day it came out and had not heard any reviews of it. I had seen a couple of coming attractions advertising it and had ben like "well, maybe I will see this, at some point. Perhaps". I took off early from work and was just in a mood to go to the movies. Don't often get in that mood, and it does not seem to effect my reactions to the movie I wind up seeing, but was in the mood that day.

I got to the theatre real early and was like "Titanic. Hmm. I sort of remember the attractions for this. What the hell. Its something to see. May it will suck. Maybe I will like it. Lets give it a shot."

From the start it captured me. Esp once it went back it time and they had the scene with Di Caprio winning the tickets in the poker game. I was hooked. Its was not a big crowed and I can recall near the end as it was obvious that he had died in the water and his body went under some lady in the audience just started to sob. Man did that scene hit her and everybody else watching it.

When I went to leave the theatre their was a huge line for the next showing and people ket asking me if it was good or not. My guess is they must have read the reviews in the NY Times (which gave it a great review). I did not want to influence them one way or the other so I was just like "You will have to draw your conclusions but yes, I liked it". What I really wanted to say was "I loved it!! It might be the best movie I have ever seen!! Its great!!"

As I drove home the full emotion of the movie hit me and I had to pull off to the side of the interstate I was on and get my emotions under control. I eventually saw this movie 6 times in the theatre. Still one of my fav's.

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 1

Titanic.......i really don't know why.

Actually i'd enjoy the film if they cut the love story. i'm way more interested IN THE SHIP!!!!!!!!! Interesting notion for a film called Titanic right?

i remember being 12 and seeing this film and nearly getting thrown out because when it cut back to our romantic bozos for the millionth time. i actually shouted WHO CARES?????!!!

Yea......mom wasn't happy about that, lol

Mick

I was in my late 20's when I saw Titanic and had a very different reaction to this movie.

I saw Titanic the day it came out and had not heard any reviews of it. I had seen a couple of coming attractions advertising it and had ben like "well, maybe I will see this, at some point. Perhaps". I took off early from work and was just in a mood to go to the movies. Don't often get in that mood, and it does not seem to effect my reactions to the movie I wind up seeing, but was in the mood that day.

I got to the theatre real early and was like "Titanic. Hmm. I sort of remember the attractions for this. What the hell. Its something to see. May it will suck. Maybe I will like it. Lets give it a shot."

From the start it captured me. Esp once it went back it time and they had the scene with Di Caprio winning the tickets in the poker game. I was hooked. Its was not a big crowed and I can recall near the end as it was obvious that he had died in the water and his body went under some lady in the audience just started to sob. Man did that scene hit her and everybody else watching it.

When I went to leave the theatre their was a huge line for the next showing and people ket asking me if it was good or not. My guess is they must have read the reviews in the NY Times (which gave it a great review). I did not want to influence them one way or the other so I was just like "You will have to draw your conclusions but yes, I liked it". What I really wanted to say was "I loved it!! It might be the best movie I have ever seen!! Its great!!"

As I drove home the full emotion of the movie hit me and I had to pull off to the side of the interstate I was on and get my emotions under control. I eventually saw this movie 6 times in the theatre. Still one of my fav's.

I adore it too.

What Mick wants us a documentary lmao.

What Cameron offered was escapism.

The Longest Yard (remake). It was very funny- better than I expected. I had to get past believing that Adam Sandler had really been an NFL quarterback but after that, it was very entertaining!

http://i.imgur.com/uUjyAwbm.jpg

Spiderman Homecoming

Easily the best one since the 2nd one from 2004.

Not hard to top Spidey 3 or Amazing 1 & 2. Still, that's good to hear.

RottenTomatoes currently yields 93% approval off 210 reviews.

It doesn't come out here until the first week of August. I'll be there no doubt.

Wyrmwood

An absolutely cracking Australian zombie flick with some clear influences from films such as Dawn of the Dead, Bad Taste etc, but plenty of originality...it cleverly managed to combined moments of black hilarity with genuine pathos....best film I've seen in a while and thoroughly recommended.

The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years

No way this doc could've failed.

Grade: A

It's brilliant. A Ron Howard project.
  • Like 2

http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/spider-man-homecoming/c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg

As far as the many Spiderman movies go, I liked this one the best.

Better than Maguire Spidey 1 or 2 (aka the only good Spidey flicks I've seen) eh?

That's good to hear.

http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/gallery/spider-man-homecoming/c7thfxlwsaapuf.jpg

As far as the many Spiderman movies go, I liked this one the best.

Better than Maguire Spidey 1 or 2 (aka the only good Spidey flicks I've seen) eh?

That's good to hear.

I'd say third.

And I don't mean "Not as good as the first two". But..."in the same league. Three classics, three suck its".

A Fish Called Wanda [8/10] - Still makes me laugh. Love it.

The part with the steamroller still makes me laugh no matter how many times I've seen it.

• Like 1