last movie you watched

sonicjams

A Fish Called Wanda [8/10] - Still makes me laugh. Love it.

The part with the steamroller still makes me laugh no matter how many times I've seen it.

"Shut up! We did not lose Vietnam! It was a TIE!" :rfl:

Samurai Cop (Rifftrax Live)

Just like the aforementioned Troll 2, one of those bad movies you have to see to believe like The Room, Manos and Birdemic.

"You're tearing me apart, Lisaaa" :LOL:

• Like 2

A Fish Called Wanda [8/10] - Still makes me laugh. Love it.

The part with the steamroller still makes me laugh no matter how many times I've seen it.

"Shut up! We did not lose Vietnam! It was a TIE!" :rfl:

Samurai Cop (Rifftrax Live)

Just like the aforementioned Troll 2, one of those bad movies you have to see to believe like The Room, Manos and Birdemic.

"You're tearing me apart, Lisaaa" :LOL:

Oh hai Analog Grownup! :LOL:

• Like 1

First time for this

http://pre00.deviantart.net/ec91/th/pre/f/2010/317/4/3/castle_in_the_sky_wallpaper_by_swfan1977-d32r1f5.jpg

...and I'd rank it as the best of Miyazaki's movies.

Of those I've seen, I'd probably rank them like this:

1) Castle in the Sky

2) Spirited Away

3) My Neighbor Totoro

4) Princess Mononoke

5) Kiki's Delivery Service

6) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

7) Howl's Moving Castle

4 & 5 are interchangeable as are 6 & 7

Howls Moving Castle and Nausicaa are two of my favorites. I would probably put them above Kiki's Delivery Service but honestly I love all of these movies. Have you seen Ponyo yet?

I hear you. Howl's may be my #7 here but I enjoy it. It's tough to rank them really but Spirited Away and Totoro have always been way up there. And now, Castle in the Sky is UP there too. Pun? :P

I've only seen what's on my list.

I've heard from too many locals that Ponyo is for children. But I'll probably watch it anyway as I can't trust them half the time...after all, they love ANYTHING by Johnny Depp and throw a parade whenever Tom Cruise is in town. I joke but it's true. :LOL:

I assume Ponyo is, at bare minimum, decent since Miyazaki hasn't failed me yet. :no:

Yes it's really good. He did aim it towards younger kids but it's still really good. I just bought it recently on blu-ray. All of the Ghibli films are good.

I love Ponyo too. The art style is probably my favorite of any animated film.

• Like 1

Spiderman homecoming. don't know about anyone else but it's my fav Spiderman movie. tied with Spiderman 2.

Tom Holland IS peter Parker/Spiderman to me.

Mick

It's worthy of that praise.

I put it about equal second place with the original, but not as highly as Spiderman 2.

• Like 2

Pirates-Curse the Black Pearl.

i tell ya.......this is a movie that did not need to be a franchise. I still love the first movie. man did they shit the bed after though. thanks disney, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/in-the-heart-of-the-sea-2015/large_large_uekIGnzTACciWrfR7jOuof7xHgR.jpg

I've known about the story of Moby Dick but never read it, or seen anything off from it. The story is tremendously captivating and works on so many levels. This movie is very good, however, I wonder if they could have cast someone more fitting than Chris Hemsworth. Someone who doesn't look that much Hollywood.

i tell ya.......this is a movie that did not need to be a franchise. I still love the first movie. man did they shit the bed after though. thanks disney, lol

Mick

Apparently, he's bankrupt and has to pay alimony so we're gonna get more sell out roles from him or, even worse, direct to video mediocrity like Cage and Willis of late. He's a bigger sellout than DeNiro ffs.

220px-Cecil_b_demented.jpg

• Like 1

Mick

:yes:

The first one is a gem.

http://benjabrymoviereview.weebly.com/uploads/3/8/8/2/38825579/9709948.jpg?1409942810
  • Like 1