Worst Superhero film of all time

treeduck

Most awful laughable superhero movie?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Most awful laughable superhero movie?

• Ghost Rider
    • Catwoman
    • Wolverine
    • Daredevil
    • Howard the Duck
    • Barb Wire
    • Steel
    • The Phantom
    • The Punisher (1989)
    • The Punisher (2004)
    • Punisher: War Zone
    • The Shadow
    • Supergirl
    • Judge Dredd
    • Captain America (1990)
    • Batman and Robin
    • Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
    • Hulk (2003)
    • Fantastic Four (1994)
    • Fantastic Four (2005)
    • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    • Elektra
    • Green Lantern
    • Blade Trinity
    • Spider-Man 3
    • X-Men: the Last Stand
    • Spawn
    • The Spirit
    • Jonah Hex
    • (Other)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No contest... Batman & Robin!!!

I almost walked out. I told myself "It's gotta get better. It can't be this bad all the way through".

It didn't. And, it was.

They took a character who could've been one of the greatest villains of all-time (Bane) and reduced him to a grunting buffoon with 10 seconds of air time.

As much as Batman and Robin is the worst, I had to vote for Spiderman 3 because the second and third ones ruined my expectations and beloved characters that I used to associate with my childhood.

Seriously guys, how do you manage to ruin a movie with Venom and Doctor Octopus?!

I would have voted for Batman and Robin until I noticed Superman IV on the list. Maybe too much time has passed that it faded from everyone's memory - but that movie was far worse (to me) than Batman and Robin.

QUOTE (Pags @ Oct 26 2011, 08:49 AM)
I noticed Superman IV on the list... that movie was far worse (to me) than Batman and Robin.

The premise was okay - Superman vows to rid the world of all nuclear weapons - but it flunked. You could tell that shots of Superman flying were just stolen from the earlier films; the quality of the shots looked like third-generation photocopies. laugh.gif Then there was that awful sidestory with Nuclear Man, or whatever that lame villan was called. Really, Hackman shouldn't have gotten involved with this clunker.

But I think there've been worse superhero movies.

Is Batman and Robin the one with Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy? I didn't see that one and I don't think I would anyway.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Oct 26 2011, 08:52 AM)
Batman & Robin. Not only because of how bad the story was, but also because of the cast and budget with which it had to work.

This. It's easily the biggest waste of the most money, perhaps outside Spider-Man 3, which I don't think was Joel S.-level bad. Even the '90 Captain America and early Fantastic Four were so bad they were deliriously funny.

Superman 3 was worse than Superman 4, IMO.

The producers were so hard up that they got Richard Pryor to be in it.

A very small cameo for Margot Kidder as Lois Lane.

A super-computer as the main villain..??? WTF??

A sorry excuse for a film.... facepalm.gif

No one mentioning Daredevil I notice, a stinker of a film with Ben Affliction totally wrong for the part of Matt Murdock (totally wrong for any superhero part actually).

A bit of a mess overall...

Not the worst on the list but one of the worst 6 or 7, and definitely needed mentioning...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 26 2011, 03:58 PM)
No one mentioning Daredevil I notice, a stinker of a film with Ben Affliction totally wrong for the part of Matt Murdock (totally wrong for any superhero part actually).

Not the worst on the list but one of the worst 6 or 7, and definitely needed mentioning...

I'm not so sure about that. With different direction, he could have been a pretty good Murdock. It was the direction and script (and, okay, Jen Garner's lame Elektra) that I think were the weakest links in that chain.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 26 2011, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 26 2011, 03:58 PM)

I'm not so sure about that. With different direction, he could have been a pretty good Murdock. It was the direction and script (and, okay, Jen Garner's lame Elektra) that I think were the weakest links in that chain.

Affleck is an awful actor. He does have potential to be a decent director, though.

I'm amazed people saw B & R at the theater. laugh.gif

I've only seen it on DVD with my kids, so I don't mind it. I like Uma. Is this the one with Arnie as Freeze? rofl3.gif