Corniest Rush Video

Nate2112

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 2 2011, 04:04 PM)
Rush's videos are just plain weird watch this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYiFrb7tWEM

I thought it was pretty well done. The idea was to capture the mood and they did it, IMO.

On the other hand, I have to agree with the OP, Time Stand Still is just odd. It's especially odd when they're all floating together on one screen because at some points where Alex is behind Ged, it looks just plain wrong.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. The title of this thread is a dead giveaway rofl3.gif

But, ya know, when I was watching my new copy of Chronicles the other day, I was worried that I'd have to skip TSS (can't listen to it right now - too close to home). But I decided to stick it out (heh). The video actually distracted me enough from the lyrics so that I didn't have to skip it! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Jan 2 2011, 07:56 PM)
Why is Geddy wearing a Davey Crockett hat in the mystic rhythms video? rofl3.gif

I can't look at that with a straight face anymore.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jan 2 2011, 02:54 PM)
Speaking of that video, this: Time Stand Still Literal Video is totally hilarious! yes.gif

I'd never seen that before now. xD

I love Hold Your Fire and even "Time Stand Still" is a pretty good song, but that was just absolutely hysterical. Poor Alex got no closeups lol.

The "Time Stand Still" video was representative of what was going on in videos at the time. It was a bit odd to see Rush doing vids like this in the mid 80s. They were already considered as veteran classic / prog rock artists. So, for long time fans, this was whole new thing. A lot of great bands did some cheesy videos during the 80s.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 3 2011, 06:56 PM)

I don't think anyone's mentioned the "Driven" video.
What did you think of this one? (In case you forgot how it went.)
They abuse the "shaky cam" almost as bad as JJ Abrams does though. xD
I can see them doing something similar to this style for any Clockwork Angels vids they do.. if their songs follow in the style of "Caravan" and "BU2B".

One of my favorite Rush vids. It's soooo weird! In a good, entertaining way yes.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 3 2011, 10:21 PM)
I think you mean "horniest" video. At least it is for me whenever Aimee Mann is on screen wub.gif

so i take it you like Aimee Man

Archived