Corniest Rush Video

Nate2112

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is silly, yet somehow I don't mind it. Aimee Mann saves it in a way. I like the part where you see Alex and Geddy hopping up and down at 3:35, obviously having some fun.

I think "Superconductor" is worse.

QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Jan 2 2011, 02:47 PM)
I really wonder who came up with the idea of them floating around all over the place. It kind of makes me dizzy wacko.gif . I like my Rush stationary thank you! laugh.gif

Love the song, not the video so much...

I think it's the same guy who directed the Cars' video "You Might Think" which features the same kind of floating action going on.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 2 2011, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Jan 2 2011, 02:47 PM)
I really wonder who came up with the idea of them floating around all over the place. It kind of makes me dizzy  wacko.gif .  I like my Rush stationary thank you!  laugh.gif

Love the song, not the video so much...

I think it's the same guy who directed the Cars' video "You Might Think" which features the same kind of floating action going on.

That makes alot of sense to me laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Jan 2 2011, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 2 2011, 02:56 PM)
Dude right on with Circumstancal Tree! Watch this!

http://www.mtv.com/videos/rush/9876/superconductor.jhtml

Erm..yeah this is pretty bad too eyesre4.gif

Worst Rush song ever = Worst Rush video ever

The Presto Drumkit is NAILS though! Oh, and Ged's pony is solid too.

When I read the thread title, I immediately thought of "Time Stand Still."

Thanks to the link, today was the first time I saw the "Superconductor" video. It's not nearly as bad as TSS (but at least TSS is an amazing song, SC is so-so), but I just don't get what's supposed to be happening?! A man (I'm guessing the "Superconductor" eyesre4.gif ) is just pushing buttons which intersperses Rush with a bunch of random "got talent" shit? And for some reason the crowd goes from cheering to waving to upset (but yet completely out-of-sync with the performances and the music). Augh it's mindblowing how someone thought they were doing something worthy of being played.

I've always liked this video. Time Stand Still, but Rush can't! The first, and maybe only Rush video where there is a little bit o Rush style choreography- some spinning and jumping in unison. Funny stuff. Liked it the first time I saw it. Action packed, Pee Wee smile.gif

Hehe, I knew what this video was just looking at the topic title. It's pretty awful, but it was the 80s, lot of bad videos at that time. Videos didnt really get better until after grunge took over, when videos started getting a little more thoughtful, and higher quality.

QUOTE (The Lost Xanadu @ Jan 2 2011, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jan 2 2011, 03:54 PM)
Speaking of that video, this: Time Stand Still Literal Video is totally hilarious! yes.gif

Ha! I've seen that before. I agree, totally hilarious yes.gif . I like when Neil 'Grrs' at the camera. laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

STUPID WALL!

Archived