What Song On The Set List...

Tick

I know a lot of people will probably respond with The Camera Eye, but for me personally that song is Presto! I have hoped for years it would make a set list. Presto is an epic song from one of Rush's most underrated, and disrespected albums.

Presto has always been my Rush album designated to be inserted into my CD player every December. Its my official Rush Christmas album. Its a Pavlov's Dog thing for me. I hear the album Presto and it reminds me of Christmas.

Well this year Rush gives me a early Christmas present by adding this epic song to the set list. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Presto is one I REALLY wanted BAD! and got it!!! yes.gif 1022.gif I almost fell over and the goosebumps ran cold.. 653.gif I agree that Presto is way under rated, one of my fav albums.

ROCK ON 2.gif

Marathon, La Villa Strangiato, Vital Signs and The Camera Eye

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 2 2010, 06:36 AM)
I know a lot of people will probably respond with The Camera Eye, but for me personally that song is Presto! I have hoped for years it would make a set list. Presto is an epic song from one of Rush's most underrated, and disrespected albums.
Presto has always been my Rush album designated to be inserted into my CD player every December. Its my official Rush Christmas album. Its a Pavlov's Dog thing for me. I hear the album Presto and it reminds me of Christmas.
Well this year Rush gives me a early Christmas present by adding this epic song to the set list. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Most definitely. I remember really enjoying the Presto tour, but being WTF about their not playing the title track. My favorite song on the album, and one I thought would be incredible live. I rather appreciate them proving me right twenty years later.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 2 2010, 08:46 AM)
Well this year Rush gives me a early Christmas present by adding this epic song to the set list. 1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Most definitely. I remember really enjoying the Presto tour, but being WTF about their not playing the title track. My favorite song on the album, and one I thought would be incredible live. I rather appreciate them proving me right twenty years later.

i think it was left out because of the acoustic guitar dominance in the song and the fact that at the time, the acoustic pickup (as AlexFinal.gif lerxt uses now in many of his electric guitars) was not around. and there are no easy spots in the track to switch from standard acoustic guitar to electric like he does with entres nous or when they played nobody's hero.

If you said "least excited" then I would have mentioned Presto. The songs I'm most looking forward to are Camera Eye and Marathon both of which have not been played live for many years. Presto, you can have. Boring!!

goodpost.gif Always liked this one.

Stick it Out for me! CP is in my top 5 albums, and Stick is a rocking tune if you ask me.

And Marathon - seeing as I am now a *runner* -- it's pretty inspiring!

The Camera Eye

La Villa Strangiato (all that talk about it on the Rush doc has re-sparked my interest in it)

Vital Signs

I'm going to miss "Natural Science," but I can understand giving it a rest, mostly 'cuz of length.

And re-examing the setlist so I could answer this question, I noticed that the first set holds little for me while the second set is a MONSTER! The two sets are WILDLY off-balance for me in terms of dislikes and likes.

Edited by GeddyRulz

Definitely "Presto". I was hoping for "War Paint" to go with it, but I'm still happy. biggrin.gif

I'm also excited to hear "Leave That Thing Alone!", Marathon", "Vital Signs", "La Villa Strangiato", and "The Camera Eye", none of which I have heard at a show. I'm excited to hear "Faithless" (I was bummed that they didn't do it in '07 or '08), just not as much as those aforementioned songs.

The Camera Eye, by a very wide margin. That's gonna be an almost religious experience.

I'm actually quite excited about Presto... that was kind of the unexpected pleasant surprise of this tour so far.

I've given the studio track a good workout this week and now I'm excited.

And of course, Subdivisions. Never, ever gets old.

Just saw them in KC. Incredible. As far as my strongest reactions--not anticipation:

All of Moving Pictures--the returning songs were played with a renewed sense of purpose and Vital Signs was flat out way better sounding than on the R30 Tour. TCE was spellbinding.

Time Stand Still--I will admit this with some anonymity, but got a tear or two in my eye. Song totally relevant for me right now.

Both new songs--Sounded even better live.

Presto--wanted to hear this one for a while now. Lived up to my expectations.

Far Cry is simply performed better than when I saw them on both legs of S&A. They smoothed it out on some parts, but possibly heavier than before.

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 2 2010, 07:36 AM)

Absolutely scary.. I feel *exactly* the same.

Time Stand Still, Presto, Stick It Out, LttA, Faithless, BU2B, MARATHON, The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt, Vital Signs, CARAVAN, Neil's solo, Far Cry, La Villa!

I am always excited to have the underrated honor of seeing La Villa Strangiato played live. It is an unbelievable, sometimes inconceivable, always respected piece of art. The DOC showed how the musical community, both RUSH's peers and fans have always been and still are in awe of this song. It is a instrumental masterpiece that has no equal.

There are many special songs on this tour, but La Villa will resonate in my ears, heart and mind long after the show and tour ends.

In my opinion, I liked the "rumoured" setlist much more.

The songs listed were more enjoyable for me.

...but if I had to pick one from the "real" setlist it would have to be TCE

Edited by entmoot