What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

This morning at the supermarket I've been going to for about 25 years I told the manager we were moving. We said a few words and that was that.

When I was using the self check-out, he came up to me and handed me a $50 gift card as a thank you for being such a good customer over the years.

Wasn't that nice? :)

That's pretty awesome! :ebert: It's nice to be acknowledged that way.

• Like 3

This morning at the supermarket I've been going to for about 25 years I told the manager we were moving. We said a few words and that was that.

When I was using the self check-out, he came up to me and handed me a $50 gift card as a thank you for being such a good customer over the years.

That is really wonderful. :) It’s little things in life that can mean so much; that can seem like awfully big gestures. Very nice.

• Like 3

What a good guy!

I hope he has some nice things/gestures coming his way from people who cross his path too.

:)

• Like 3

The KC Chiefs

Same! We had a small gathering tonight which would have been fun anyway, but my boyfriend is a lifelong Chiefs fan so the win made it perfect. Plus Mahomes is such a class act; he deserved it!

• Like 3

The KC Chiefs

Same! We had a small gathering tonight which would have been fun anyway, but my boyfriend is a lifelong Chiefs fan so the win made it perfect. Plus Mahomes is such a class act; he deserved it!

Agreed! Great comeback in the 4th quarter.

Also, I am a big Green Bay Packers fan, so I was happy to see the 49ers lose.

• Like 1

This was on Saturday...I had my 12 year old son in the car with me, and had ATWAS playing on the stereo.

Now my kids know how I am about the band, and I told them about Neil’s death, right after I had found out. My older son has a couple of songs that he can cite as favorites, but the younger one (who I’m referring to now), that’s not the case...but anyway, so he was listening to Geddy on Temples of Syrinx, and he said, “How old was he there?”, and I told him, 22...and then he said, “What kind of grown-up man sounds like that??”

:P I kind of gathered that it was not his cup of tea.

So then for the next couple of hours later, after we had that little exchange in the car, I heard him singing softly, out loud, just on his own- “Weee are the priests...of the temmm-ples...of Syyy-rinx...”

Happens to the best of us. :)

• Like 6

and then he said, “What kind of grown-up man sounds like that??”

Play some Frankie Valli or The Bee Gees for him .... well, maybe you shouldn't.... :laughing guy:

• Like 1

This was on Saturday...I had my 12 year old son in the car with me, and had ATWAS playing on the stereo.

Now my kids know how I am about the band, and I told them about Neil’s death, right after I had found out. My older son has a couple of songs that he can cite as favorites, but the younger one (who I’m referring to now), that’s not the case...but anyway, so he was listening to Geddy on Temples of Syrinx, and he said, “How old was he there?”, and I told him, 22...and then he said, “What kind of grown-up man sounds like that??”

:P I kind of gathered that it was not his cup of tea.

So then for the next couple of hours later, after we had that little exchange in the car, I heard him singing softly, out loud, just on his own- “Weee are the priests...of the temmm-ples...of Syyy-rinx...”

Happens to the best of us. :)

❤❤❤

• Like 3

The KC Chiefs

Agreed! Great comeback in the 4th quarter.

Also, I am a big Green Bay Packers fan, so I was happy to see the 49ers lose.

:ebert:

Slight cold, but it didn't keep me out of the gym.

Since I work from home I figure it's likely that's where I picked up the virus. I do wear lifting gloves but tonight I realized I'm prone to wiping my face with my hands even with the gloves on. (I sweat more than any 5 people combined). I used to carry a towel around for that; guess I should get back in the habit.

The KC Chiefs

I have heard some stories about Mahomes and he sounds like a nice guy. I am especially happy he gave some love to Alex Smith's mentoring of him as a quarterback. Alex is a great guy and it was nice to see him recognized by Mahomes and Reid. I also heard a story of him buying dinner for a whole bunch of people in KC because they left him alone and didn't bug him for selfies and autographs. Great guy and he is a really good quarterback. I'm impressed. :clap: :)

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Despite a very depressing day, I was completely surprised and proud of our Senator Romney. I don't want to start any arguments so I am just acknowledging his courage and for once I wasn't embarrassed of our State for a change. Take the small things where we can :ebert: :D
  • Like 3

Despite a very depressing day, I was completely surprised and proud of our Senator Romney. I don't want to start any arguments so I am just acknowledging his courage and for once I wasn't embarrassed of our State for a change. Take the small things where we can :ebert: :D

I agree, he was awesome.

• Like 2

To direcly answer the forum question I was going to post 'Mitt Romney's balls'...but your post was much more eloquent.
  • Like 3

I've been taking an indoor climbing class and last week took the class to belay. So today I did it three times (with someone watching) me and the climber lived to tell the tale, lol.
  • Like 3

Just when I start thinking FB needs to go, it’s boring and a waste of time and bandwidth....

....it serves up some truly entertaining conspiracy theory crap that makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Did any of you know that The Simpsons predicted both the Wuhan coronavirus and Kobe’s death....27 years ago?

• Like 1

Just when I start thinking FB needs to go, it’s boring and a waste of time and bandwidth....

....it serves up some truly entertaining conspiracy theory crap that makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Did any of you know that The Simpsons predicted both the Wuhan coronavirus and Kobe’s death....27 years ago?

Homer is a modern day Nostradamus
  • Like 2

What a bunch of dumbasses!

It was Ren & Stimpy 29 years ago!!!

:P

• Like 4

I'm wearing an old Ren and Stimpy shirt right now, lol.
  • Like 3

Ah yes Ren and Stimpy with such pearls of wisdom, don't wiz on the electric fence :laughing guy:

• Like 1

Ah yes Ren and Stimpy with such pearls of wisdom, don't wiz on the electric fence :laughing guy:

What rolls down stairs,

rolls over in pairs,

rolls over your neighbors dog...

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2