What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Coming home to find a beautiful 4x4 buck across the street with a nice spread of extra tall antlers. Just a majestic animal, he let me get within 15 feet for a photo...pity it was dark out.

tfM8xq2.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 4

Coming home to find a beautiful 4x4 buck across the street with a nice spread of extra tall antlers. Just a majestic animal, he let me get within 15 feet for a photo...pity it was dark out.

tfM8xq2.jpg

There's one running around by Spokane Community College. They posted pictures of him yesterday. They're concerned because he gets into the traffic from time to time, but the moose doesn't seem concerned about that.

• Like 2

tfM8xq2.jpg

Wow! Great photo, still!

• Like 1

I resisted a strong temptation to buy a new iPhone. :D

My 5s is working just fine, aside from some inconsistent battery performance. I hardly use it, so getting an 8 plus or newer is just not necessary.

• Like 3

A great part of working at a Catholic school has been enjoying the various parish celebrations. Last night I was invited to the Filipino community's celebration of Simbang Gabi, which mirrors the Latin Posadas in many ways. There was a full mass, with much of it in Tagalog, and a full buffet of Filipino food. The chicken adobo, lumpia (egg rolls) and fried plantain wee tops.

It was also heart-warming see my student's eyes light up when she saw I had come. :)

• Like 4

Yesterday my hubby surprised me with a fun Christmas gift, a sunshade for my car with Rush on it! Now I can see the boys smiling at me this summer :D

http://d2dytk4tvgwhb4.cloudfront.net/merchansite.com/products/5d6734bcbf8221000147f363/0/regular.jpg

• Like 4

A great part of working at a Catholic school has been enjoying the various parish celebrations. Last night I was invited to the Filipino community's celebration of Simbang Gabi, which mirrors the Latin Posadas in many ways. There was a full mass, with much of it in Tagalog, and a full buffet of Filipino food. The chicken adobo, lumpia (egg rolls) and fried plantain wee tops.

It was also heart-warming see my student's eyes light up when she saw I had come. :)

What?!!...no pancit and lechon?!! j/k

(sounds like good stuff) :yes:

:hail:

• Like 1

Yesterday my hubby surprised me with a fun Christmas gift, a sunshade for my car with Rush on it! Now I can see the boys smiling at me this summer :D

http://d2dytk4tvgwhb...3/0/regular.jpg

Cool!j3Q9C9O.jpg

• Like 1

I resisted a strong temptation to buy a new iPhone. :D

My 5s is working just fine, aside from some inconsistent battery performance. I hardly use it, so getting an 8 plus or newer is just not necessary.

I’m lucky I have the new Apple Credit card with 500 dollar limit because I have to pay 200 bucks to upgrade from XR to 11 because, once again, my streaming keeps skipping and getting interrupted by Siri and voice control. Until last year, this has never happened and now it’s happened twice. Apple needs to do their freaking job right with their iOS updates because 13 hasn’t fixed a damn thing. It’s been doing this since November. This doesn’t happen at home but away from home it does this and it pisses me off to fork over more money to Verizon this week.

Just paid off my car! Six months early, which is no great feat, but it was still fun to do!!

:7up: :7up: :7up:

• Like 4

Just paid off my car! Six months early, which is no great feat, but it was still fun to do!!

:7up: :7up: :7up:

That's awesome! Just don't say it in front of your car (they listen!). :LOL: :LOL:

Wore my legs out in the gym. Increased weight and reps on everything but deadlifts.

Tomorrow you might see this same post in the "pissed off" thread.

• Like 1

It has been a few days, so technically not today, but I've been busy.

I'm working toward my private pilot license and I flew my first solo in Monday! The ceiling was a little low but the winds were calm. :dweez:

• Like 3

It has been a few days, so technically not today, but I've been busy.

I'm working toward my private pilot license and I flew my first solo in Monday! The ceiling was a little low but the winds were calm. :dweez:

May all your flights be perfect - with ceilings unlimited. ;)

• Like 2

My dog, Simon, only has bronchitis.

(Long story, but he's nearing 16. He's got a significant heart murmur so I always worry about congestive heart failure starting. And he had some abnormal bone tissue growth in his lower limbs that usually indicates there's cancer going on somewhere in the body, though x-rays and ultrasound showed nada. So when he developed a slight cough, got kind of listless, and I found myself struggling to get calories into him, I worried. A lot. But....no sign of cancer on x-rays, good bloodwork, and heart sounds better than it did when he was first diagnosed with the murmur. So I will take the very treatable bronchitis).

• Like 3

(Long story, but he's nearing 16. He's got a significant heart murmur so I always worry about congestive heart failure starting. And he had some abnormal bone tissue growth in his lower limbs that usually indicates there's cancer going on somewhere in the body, though x-rays and ultrasound showed nada. So when he developed a slight cough, got kind of listless, and I found myself struggling to get calories into him, I worried. A lot. But....no sign of cancer on x-rays, good bloodwork, and heart sounds better than it did when he was first diagnosed with the murmur. So I will take the very treatable bronchitis).

i remember you talking about Simon. Glad to hear he is still with you and doing good. Did you have two dogs?

i remember you talking about Simon. Glad to hear he is still with you and doing good. Did you have two dogs?

I did. Lost Lance to cancer three days after Christmas 2017. Now it’s Simon and Don, my SO (yes, the older guy - we’re officially shacked up!) has Zoe, who is five. So I do still have two dogs.

Just once I want to have a vet visit without it being a triple digit score! I swear, Simon knows when my credit card balance (usually accrued via vet trips) is zeroed out. I joke that he’s my financial manager - he keeps me from spending money on frivolous things. Such is the price of having an elderly dog, though, and he is more than worth every penny.

• Like 1

I did. Lost Lance to cancer three days after Christmas 2017. Now it’s Simon and Don, my SO (yes, the older guy - we’re officially shacked up!) has Zoe, who is five. So I do still have two dogs.

Just once I want to have a vet visit without it being a triple digit score! I swear, Simon knows when my credit card balance (usually accrued via vet trips) is zeroed out. I joke that he’s my financial manager - he keeps me from spending money on frivolous things. Such is the price of having an elderly dog, though, and he is more than worth every penny.

Sorry about Lance. Especially at Christmas.

Congrats on Don. I remember you telling me how nice he was and how he did little things for you. You seemed happy about him. Glad it worked out! And you gained another dog too!

I know what you mean about the vet! We have 3 dogs now (the latest is a Great Pyrenees puppy whose 10 months now). The bill just for checkups and Bravecto alone is unreal!

You still have the LeStudio stuff? I’d love to catch up. Holler at me sometime.

This morning at the supermarket I've been going to for about 25 years I told the manager we were moving. We said a few words and that was that.

When I was using the self check-out, he came up to me and handed me a $50 gift card as a thank you for being such a good customer over the years.

Wasn't that nice? :)

• Like 3