What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The morning glory I planted is really taking off.

Pics?

0Op9Sxl.jpg

Fenr17z.jpgWhen my first wife and I moved to Saline, I planted a couple Morning Glory plants on either side of the front stoop. They were giant blue genus. Used to have a photo, but it's lost now. Spring/summer of '84.

NAGAdFC.gif

Beautiful pictures, Orfie.

Pics?

0Op9Sxl.jpg

Fenr17z.jpgWhen my first wife and I moved to Saline, I planted a couple Morning Glory plants on either side of the front stoop. They were giant blue genus. Used to have a photo, but it's lost now. Spring/summer of '84.

NAGAdFC.gif

Beautiful pictures, Orfie.

Thanks, Lorraine! Just the first that hit my eye online...I've always loved Morning Glory flowers, because having a name like Morningstar, I got called Morning Glory a bunch anyway!

V1R87oP.gif

• Like 2

I bought a whole bunch of cat food today, for someone who isn’t expecting it at all.

So what you're saying is that you have a dog? ;) :P

• Like 1

I bought a whole bunch of cat food today, for someone who isn’t expecting it at all.

So what you're saying is that you have a dog? ;) :P

Haha!

Nope. But I think the cat (and his owner) will be happy about it.

A spider's web.

It went from one branch to another - must've been about 3 feet. I didn't have the heart to break it after all that hard work, and I wonder how long it took the spider to weave it. Plus, he had a catch in it! That's what drew my attention to it in the first place.

Isn't nature incredible? :)

• Like 2

On Saturday, while moving my daughter into her dorm, I was wearing a GUP t-shirt, and another parent stopped me and said "I've always loved Rush!"

Today, while having to buy my son a new phone because-his-old-one-was-just-paid-off-so-obviously-it-was-time-for-it-to-quit, I was wearing my Time Machine t-shirt, and the clerk said, "I've always loved Rush"!

Two shirts, two Rush fans.

On Thursday, I'll wear my Snakes and Arrows tee and see what happens.

• Like 3

A spider's web.

It went from one branch to another - must've been about 3 feet. I didn't have the heart to break it after all that hard work, and I wonder how long it took the spider to weave it. Plus, he had a catch in it! That's what drew my attention to it in the first place.

Isn't nature incredible? :)

https://www.papertrell.com/apps/preview/Handy-Answer-Book/handy%20answer%20book/How-long-does-it-take-a-spider-to-spin-its-web/001137006/content/SC/51360d13172536090c7a5707_CreaturesBigandSmallElementsHTML.html

So...I planted Morning Glory because they are deer resistant. It even says so on the tag. Yesterday morning I'm up at 5AM and look at the window and what do I see? Of course, the close-up face of a deer staring right at me, happily munching on newly sprouted Morning Glory leaves. :LOL:

Nature is wonderful!

• Like 1

On Saturday, while moving my daughter into her dorm, I was wearing a GUP t-shirt, and another parent stopped me and said "I've always loved Rush!"

Today, while having to buy my son a new phone because-his-old-one-was-just-paid-off-so-obviously-it-was-time-for-it-to-quit, I was wearing my Time Machine t-shirt, and the clerk said, "I've always loved Rush"!

Update: On Thursday, at the beginning of the semester meetings, the president of my college quoted "Prime Mover." I wasn't wearing a Rush tee shirt, but I'm still counting this as a continuation of the streak of Rush confluences.

• Like 1

Update: On Thursday, at the beginning of the semester meetings, the president of my college quoted "Prime Mover." I wasn't wearing a Rush tee shirt, but I'm still counting this as a continuation of the streak of Rush confluences.

Yup! I do this also!

NAGAdFC.gif

Beautiful clear night. Got to see Jupiter and two of its moons with my binoculars! :haz:
  • Like 3

It turned out the growth our veterinarian removed from behind Rocky's paw last week was not malignant. The biopsy diagnosed an infection in the hair follicles caused the abcessed wound that had him limping. Rocky's still on antibiotics and pain meds, but should have the stitches out this weekend.
  • Like 7

A few friends I less-frequently communicate with hit me up for conversation today.

It's not much, but it's just occasionally nice to see that people outside the immediate few also care about you and what you're up to. :)

• Like 4

It turned out the growth our veterinarian removed from behind Rocky's paw last week was not malignant. The biopsy diagnosed an infection in the hair follicles caused the abcessed wound that had him limping. Rocky's still on antibiotics and pain meds, but should have the stitches out this weekend.

I'm glad to hear this! :ebert:

• Like 1