Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Apr 8 2010, 01:47 PM)
The Moving Pictures song I'm most excited about hearing live is Vital Signs.

The "computerized reggae" groove in that song is true genius.

Me too. It's just a fun, cool song.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mankad89 @ Apr 8 2010, 01:47 PM)
The Moving Pictures song I'm most excited about hearing live is Vital Signs.

The "computerized reggae" groove in that song is true genius.

I will never get tired of that song. The soundboard recording from Rush in Rio is my favorite version. So RAW live.

1022.gif

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 8 2010, 11:36 AM)
OK...Here is the deal on the Milwaukee show. It is happening on July 3rd, not the second as the website states. Ticket prices are $77 for the red seats, $67 for the yellow, $52 for the bleachers and $34 for the lawn. Those prices are less expensive than the last time they were here. Good thing. Clapton is playing there and charging $150/tic!

$ 150 bucks to fall asleep. What a joke!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 8 2010, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 8 2010, 12:04 PM)
Vegas Baby!!!  biggrin.gif 

I guess if I HAVE to make the 20 minute drive to The MGM Grand Garden Arena, that'll have to do!

I WILL be at The MGM show, period.

We're all staying at your place. That's cool, right? biggrin.gif

653.gif 2.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

I AM getting a room @ the MGM for that night!!! Hotel party!!! trink39.gif

based upon feedback from my friends who are semi- rush fans this tour is going to go over huge.

i would bet some people i know who have not seen rush since the signals era will attend this tour.

I can only hope they dig deep for the remainder of the set list. real deep. cool10.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 8 2010, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 8 2010, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 8 2010, 12:04 PM)
Vegas Baby!!!  biggrin.gif 

I guess if I HAVE to make the 20 minute drive to The MGM Grand Garden Arena, that'll have to do!

I WILL be at The MGM show, period.

We're all staying at your place. That's cool, right? biggrin.gif

653.gif 2.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

I AM getting a room @ the MGM for that night!!! Hotel party!!! trink39.gif

Well, hell! That'll work! Woo Hoo! 653.gif

Question:

So they are playing MP in its entirety. Does that mean they play those and then play some random songs too? I would imagine a setlist of only MP would be too short.

Also, this will be my first show! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bukaloo @ Apr 8 2010, 01:27 PM)
Question:

So they are playing MP in its entirety. Does that mean they play those and then play some random songs too? I would imagine a setlist of only MP would be too short.

No...you can definitely bank on tons more.

It is an "Evening with Rush" tour once again. The last few tours have consisted of shows that last almost 3 hours, with anywhere between 26-30 songs played.

MP is only 40 minutes in length, so expect MANY more songs to come out!!

Oh, and your first show?! Get ready to be blown away by their brilliance! 1022.gif

Aside from the 3 MP songs I haven't seen live (Red Barchetta, Camera Eye, and Vital Signs), I hope they play lots of older stuff like La Villa Strangiato, The Trees, Xanadu, A Farewell to Kings, 2112, Chemistry, The Analog Kid, Jacob's Ladder, etc. It would be awesome if they played Cygnus X-1 and/or Hemispheres, but I doubt that would happen.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (Bukaloo @ Apr 8 2010, 01:27 PM)
Question:

Also, this will be my first show!  biggrin.gif

No...you can definitely bank on tons more.

It is an "Evening with Rush" tour once again. The last few tours have consisted of shows that last almost 3 hours, with anywhere between 26-30 songs played.

MP is only 40 minutes in length, so expect MANY more songs to come out!!

Oh, and your first show?! Get ready to be blown away by their brilliance! 1022.gif

Excellent, good to hear. I figured that was the case but wanted to double check. And yeah, I wanted to go last year but I couldn't convince anyone in my family to go. I finally got someone to commit to going with me, haha. Definately looking forward to it!

Edited by Bukaloo

Jeez, there's no way for me to say this without sounding like a jackass which I don't mean to be but...uh.. you were actually concerned that the whole tour might consist of 7 songs?

Not to worry! There'll be more where those came from! laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 01:37 PM)
Jeez, there's no way for me to say this without sounding like a jackass which I don't mean to be but...uh.. you were actually concerned that the whole tour might consist of 7 songs?

Not to worry! There'll be more where those came from! laugh.gif

Indeed I was! I knew the band was getting old, but I was hoping they weren't at the point where 7 songs would be considered a show! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Bukaloo @ Apr 8 2010, 01:59 PM)
Jeez, there's no way for me to say this without sounding like a jackass which I don't mean to be but...uh..  you were actually concerned that the whole tour might consist of 7 songs?

Not to worry! There'll be more where those came from!  laugh.gif

Indeed I was! I knew the band was getting old, but I was hoping they weren't at the point where 7 songs would be considered a show! rofl3.gif

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

I didn't read the whole thread, so I imagine someone has already pointed this out, but the marketing approach to this tour is pretty smart. Diehards will come out for anything, but you get a larger audience by basically calling it a nostalgia tour and tying it to Moving Pictures. Hopefully, they'll dust off a few more songs that they haven't played in recent years (decades). As for new songs, it would be sort of cool to hear them for the first time in a concert setting. So I'm sort of hoping they don't release anything in advance.

QUOTE (Bukaloo @ Apr 8 2010, 02:27 PM)
Question:

awwww...newbie...how cute! wub.gif

seriously..I envy you. Whilst I am still blown away EVERY time, that first show is something else. ENJOY!

This will be a treat as it will bring in the casual fans of 2.gif or the ones who used to listen to 2.gif either way I have to be there for several dates in several states.

I agree that casual fans just hearing "Moving Pictures in its entirety" will respond so it is good marketing but the fact is that casual fans really only care about the songs on the first side, which Rush plays all the time anyway. The general rock fans I know who like Rush when they hear them on the radio or from "best of" albums have no more knowledge of or interest in The Camera Eye for example than they would in the majority of the rest of their catalog.

I'm so excited for this tour in the The Camera Eye is my second favorite Rush song from probably my 3rd favorite album. I can't wait to hear TCE and I'll hear it in Florida and VA and couple other places that I can squeeze in. I have to add to the 40+ shows I've now seen over the years. biggrin.gif Edited by g under p

QUOTE (g under p @ Apr 8 2010, 02:36 PM)
I'm so excited for this tour in the The Camera Eye is my second favorite Rush song from probably my 3rd favorite album. I can't wait to hear TCE and I'll hear it in Florida and VA and couple other places that I can squeeze in. I have to add to the 40+ shows I've now seen over the years. biggrin.gif

Are you going to the Boston show? If so, a bunch of us on here are having a pre-show gathering.

QUOTE (syd11 @ Apr 8 2010, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Bukaloo @ Apr 8 2010, 01:59 PM)
Jeez, there's no way for me to say this without sounding like a jackass which I don't mean to be but...uh..  you were actually concerned that the whole tour might consist of 7 songs?

Not to worry! There'll be more where those came from!  laugh.gif

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

You'll remember in the interview Geddy said we play like 3 hr show..

A 3 Hour Tour

2.gif 653.gif