Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Apr 8 2010, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:43 PM)
The more I think about it, MP in it's entirety isn't all that special. In the last 8 years they've played every song except TCE anyway. But yes, TCE will be epic.

but all of them played together is really something special.

This can certainly be true. For example, I saw Springsteen do Born to Run in its entirety last year. Of course, we heard most of those songs, like Thunder Road, Jungleland, BTR, etc, ad nauseum over the years. But to hear them in sequence, and subsequently have flashbacks of listening to the original album years ago, was a different and special experience. It can be the same this summer with MP.

Oh, and we're getting CAMERA EYE.

please don't mention springsteen in this forum ever again. thanks. tongue.gif

Come ON, its the Boss! cool.gif

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it, MP in it's entirety isn't all that special. In the last 8 years they've played every song except TCE anyway. But yes, TCE will be epic.

Zanadoo and greg2112, you guys are right on the money. Hearing them in sequence will be utterly magical. No matter how many times we've heard those songs live when you hear them in sequence it will be like hearing them for the first time.

Some people just have to complain about something. wacko.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:48 PM)

This can certainly be true. For example, I saw Springsteen do Born to Run in its entirety last year. Of course, we heard most of those songs, like Thunder Road, Jungleland, BTR, etc, ad nauseum over the years. But to hear them in sequence, and subsequently have flashbacks of listening to the original album years ago, was a different and special experience. It can be the same this summer with MP.

Oh, and we're getting CAMERA EYE.

I saw Springsteen do that for the first time ever with Born to Run in Chicago last September. It was really quite remarkable to hear the songs in sequence. I was born in 1991, but I seriously felt like I was somehow transported to 1975. It was amazing, and he put on one of the finest shows I'd ever seen.

I have a feeling the Rush experience would be the same thing. Seen 'em three times already, but an album entirely in sequence? That has to be cool. I'm all for it, and anticipate being transported to 1981 at the July 5th Chicago show 2.gif

That's the magic of it - we'll get to hear it just like they originally gave it to us, but only LIVE!!!

QUOTE (Vive le Rush @ Apr 8 2010, 06:35 AM)
Okay, I just checked..........OH MY HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!    RUSH is actually coming to OMAHA this summer!!!!!!!!    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! Rush hasn't been to OMAHA (my hometown) since 1991!!!!!!!!! I've been praying for this for years!!!!!!!!! I think I'm actually going to cry...........I'm SO MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!      Hopefully, this year I can convince my husband to let me go to both ATLANTA (which I had already planned on) and OMAHA!!!!!!! 

OH, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Ever since Qwest Center Omaha was built, I've been hoping for a Rush tour stop here.

I guess sometimes wishes do come true.

QUOTE (J Rutsey @ Apr 8 2010, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Apr 8 2010, 08:44 AM)
I am sure they will do all of MP in order one after another, then do alot of other oldies (and maybe some new stuff!). I think that the people that are getting po'd  about MP in its entirety and the "marketing move" should chill out. They would play alot of MP no matter what tour anyway.

I agree, not a big deal really but by packaging it that way will help attract some fans and still leave room for lots of oldies and some new stuff and those songs all work well live anyway.

goodpost.gif

Alright, so a few other questions:

As far as I can tell, the ticket sale date for every venue seems to begin around April 17th. Are there normally presales? And if so, where?

I'll be on a fishing trip that weekend and my dad is going to be out on business, so I am hoping to get the tickets that friday or earlier if possible.

Also, how quick do the tickets sell? If I can't get them that weekend, will I still be able to get reserved seating on Sunday night/Monday morning? I guess there will always be scalpers, but I'd rather pay face value if possible.

I predict:

Set 1: Random songs (couple vaulted oldies), new songs, etc.

Set 2: MP album

Encore?? No idea.

As other have said, great thinking on the boys part by keeping in mind all their fans -- casual and diehard. As a diehard, I appreciate that and understand they want to satisfy the most amount of fans as possible.

Hearing the album in sequence will surely ROCK and I'm very eager to experience that. Having it be a real classic album that's nearly 30 years old makes it better!

For all the whiners out there... what do you really want? Maybe I shouldn't ask. Caress of Steel in it's entirety confused13.gif MP is their most successful album overall and for them to deny that is lame. No one will ever get the perfect Rush show IMO. When I heard Mission on their last tour, I couldn't give a sh*t more what they played since it's my favorite song and I never thought I would hear it live in my lifetime (I started seeing them in 2002..)

So, as I said the last tour, don't like the new tour ideas? Don't go and please make more room for me to get a good seat. Thanks and bye!

QUOTE (keakag @ Apr 8 2010, 04:42 PM)
laugh.gif laugh.gif people! stop complaining about Moving Pictures!! they could be playing Roll The Bones in its ugly entirety! laugh.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:15 PM)
Maybe MP will be played completely acoustic to shake it up, eh?

Neil get's an extra long break wink.gif

lol yeah can't wait to hear an acoustic YYZ.

Also remember that Rush loves playing the old standards like Tom Sawyer and Limelight. Alex says he never gets sick of playing Limelight. Obviously they want to play songs they enjoy playing live too so if you're asking for the whole show to be oldies-but-goodies that they look back on and say "Ugh.." on for whatever reason, the show would suck. Their hearts would not be in it and then everyone would be bitching they gave a lackluster performance.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:15 PM)
Maybe MP will be played completely acoustic to shake it up, eh?

Neil get's an extra long break wink.gif

lol yeah can't wait to hear an acoustic YYZ.

maybe on a harp?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 07:46 AM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

For the guys who try to go to every concert I'd say TCE and Vital Signs are the main selling points, BUT to hear everything in the same order will be nuts. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE GOING TO PLAY THE CAMERA EYE!!!!

But you know what? I can't believe they actually SAID they were going to play it so far in advance. A time machine tour = Alex's B-Sides tour? If that's so we might get all the staples from the MP in its entirety part of the show and have the rest of the night full of CoS, AFTK, and a good heap of Power Windows too.

Oh man, this is pretty exciting regardless isn't it? I wonder what the new songs will be like???

I just hope they try to tape every show and go back and use the best recordings from each for the DVD / album if they make one (please make one!!)

QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 8 2010, 09:25 PM)
lots of bad air-drumming already taking place

laugh.gif