Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

There've been a couple of minor complaints about MP in its entirety based on the fact that yes, they do already play quite a lot of the album in the regular setlist rotation. Okay, well, yes, I see the point.

But given as the planning and prep for the tour seem to have been quite the whirlwind and tight on time, it makes sense. They've really got to only re-learn two songs and just polish up the others. Pick a different album and we might not be seeing a tour this year.

I'm down with it. cool.gif YYZ and Red Barchetta are ALWAYS loads of fun. Can you imagine the shock and dismay if Tom Sawyer were left out? Come on, I know we can all sing it backwards by now, but leaving that one out would almost be like replacing a band member. Same holds to a lesser degree for Limelight.

I have to say the only one I'm not crazy about is Witch Hunt. . .but I'm NOT complaining. It's Rush, and it will be one hell of a great show.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Apr 8 2010, 11:03 AM)
Here's a thought and just a thought. Didn't Rush used to sneak in songs they were working on for a new album while on the road? I can swear I remember them playing a song from the next album that they were working on in the studio to get a reaction. What if that's part of the Time Machine Mentality?

Or, NeilFinal.gif could break out the old Tama's and GeddyFinal.gif get all those synths and AlexFinal.gif double neck guitars.....Then there's the kimono's and ah, I'm thinking too much into this. I like the new way they play just the same as the old. I'm curious though about what the rest of the setlist is going to comrpise of.....

DT! I was also just thinking, what if it wasn't only the setlist that was sent through the TIME MACHINE.

How about crazy vintage nostalgia all about. How about introducing The Trees with BROON'S BANE?! I know they are going to play Jacob's Ladder, I can feel it in my bones, but what about that awesome sweet little acoustic guitar intro bit like Alex did on Exit Stage Left?

How about the big screen and special effects etc? Maybe bring back the COUNT FLOYD video from Grace Under Pressure Tour as intro to "The Weapon" or the Giant Presto Rabbit or the Nuts 'n Bolts concert intro from Counterparts.

Man there are piles and piles of stuff they can do with this theme!

How about NINETEEN SEVENTIES BEER PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:12 AM)
Here's a thought and just a thought. Didn't Rush used to sneak in songs they were working on for a new album while on the road? I can swear I remember them playing a song from the next album that they were working on in the studio to get a reaction. What if that's part of the Time Machine Mentality?

Or, NeilFinal.gif could break out the old Tama's and GeddyFinal.gif get all those synths and AlexFinal.gif double neck guitars.....Then there's the kimono's and ah, I'm thinking too much into this. I like the new way they play just the same as the old. I'm curious though about what the rest of the setlist is going to comrpise of.....

DT! I was also just thinking, what if it wasn't only the setlist that was sent through the TIME MACHINE.

How about crazy vintage nostalgia all about. How about introducing The Trees with BROON'S BANE?! I know they are going to play Jacob's Ladder, I can feel it in my bones, but what about that awesome sweet little acoustic guitar intro bit like Alex did on Exit Stage Left?

How about the big screen and special effects etc? Maybe bring back the COUNT FLOYD video from Grace Under Pressure Tour as intro to "The Weapon" or the Giant Presto Rabbit or the Nuts 'n Bolts concert intro from Counterparts.

Great idea on the beer prices. laugh.gif trink39.gif

If they brought back the Count Floyd video and played the Weapon, I'd pass out right then and there.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 12:14 PM)

If they brought back the Count Floyd video and played the Weapon, I'd pass out right then and there.

Me too. That's one of my favorite Rush songs to BLAST in the car. I could die happy seeing it performed live once more.

I can NOT believe they are coming to the NYS fair. It's in Syracuse, NY.

I WORK IN SYRACUSE NY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm like 3 miles from the fairgrounds and pass it everyday to and from work! THIS is going to ROCK!!

And I'm wicked excited for what they are playing; I don't care what you say. I was very surprised to see that and love that the band has listen to so many of us!

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Apr 8 2010, 06:12 AM)
I guess I won't complain about the lack of a North Carolina show-at least they are playing on my continent.

MP in it's entirety-interesting. Would have preferred PeW but it's still cool-I hope all of you Camera Eye geeks appreciate this because it's really for you. Don't accuse these guys of not listening to the fans ever again.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

So true! I'll take it!! And thanks!!!!! I'm a happy guy!

Confusion abounds! According the the bands website, they will be in Milwaukee on July 2nd. According to an article on the JSonline website, the date is actually July 3rd. Still nothing on the "official" summerfest website. Guess I'll wait and see for sure. Could they possibly be playing 2 dates there?

And, the Live Nation site sucks! They show the July 2nd date at Summerfest, but list the stage as "The Miller Lite Oasis" stage. Hate to break it to the folks at Live Nation, but that is a Free Stage....That would be cool, but it only holds about 2000 people.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:14 AM)

Me too, that'd be phenominal...

You're a huge Rush tour veteran, when they played it back on that tour was it REALLY in 3D or just a joke for filming it? You know 3D is making such a huge comeback... just sayin! Maybe we'll see this beauty in our time machine adventure!

trink39.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 06:10 PM)
bring some norway women with you and you're more than welcome to stay at my place. laugh.gif

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/mortenmat/Random/idea.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:17 AM)
I WORK IN SYRACUSE NY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm like 3 miles from the fairgrounds and pass it everyday to and from work! THIS is going to ROCK!!

That is awesome!

1022.gif

We were considering that show, too bad it is a little late in the season. We were thinking of maybe hitting Alexandria Bay for a party night or two maybe rent a cottage and then drive up to Syracuse!

Over here we need to take a few deep breaths and sleep on all these tour dates and think about it a bit, but you never know we might be up in your neck of the woods to see the Time Machine.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:28 AM)
I WORK IN SYRACUSE NY!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm like 3 miles from the fairgrounds and pass it everyday to and from work!  THIS is going to ROCK!!

That is awesome!

1022.gif

We were considering that show, too bad it is a little late in the season. We were thinking of maybe hitting Alexandria Bay for a party night or two maybe rent a cottage and then drive up to Syracuse!

Over here we need to take a few deep breaths and sleep on all these tour dates and think about it a bit, but you never know we might be up in your neck of the woods to see the Time Machine.

smile.gif

You heading to the Toronto shows?

biggrin.gif "***TOUR SPOILERS***" Is this really necessary?

How is the fact that they are playing MP in it's entirety

a spoiler? Is it a spoiler that they announced what cities

they are going to be in? C'mon people, anyone who visits

this site or is a die hard Rush fan already knew this info

at 7am. Anyone who doesn't like "SPOILERS" should not

read the rest of this because I'm posting some major

ones below:

Rush will be touring as a "3 piece" band this year

Geddy will be wearing glasses

Alex on the left, Neil in the middle & Geddy on the right side of stage

Alex is planning on playing both electric & acoustic guitars

Neil will not be playing a kazoo solo this year

The show will be over 1 hour long....possibly over 2 hours!

Strong rumors of Subdivisions being played

They are planning to do NO AC/DC covers this year

At some point in the show Neil will hit a cow bell!!!

Alex is going with sandy blond hair this tour

No strippers pole dancing as originally rumored

Neil will not be doing vocals for Dog Years

Fountain of Lamneth might not be played in it's entirety

I hope I didn't wreck anyone's day by posting these angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:28 AM)
I WORK IN SYRACUSE NY!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm like 3 miles from the fairgrounds and pass it everyday to and from work!  THIS is going to ROCK!!

That is awesome!

1022.gif

smile.gif

If nothing else, the State Fair is nice too. Never been to Alex. Bay but hear good things.

Please let me know if you go! It's a definite for me. Will try to hit SPAC again as well since I love that venue but I am no longer 40 minutes from it (more like 3.5 hours!)

OK...Here is the deal on the Milwaukee show. It is happening on July 3rd, not the second as the website states. Ticket prices are $77 for the red seats, $67 for the yellow, $52 for the bleachers and $34 for the lawn. Those prices are less expensive than the last time they were here. Good thing. Clapton is playing there and charging $150/tic!

Hey, question here as I'm too lazy to go look - has "Chemistry" ever been done live? I'm thinking not. . . 

Yes...recently, I believe...R30?

R30?!?!

Is this a joke or are you living in an alternate dimension? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:14 AM)

Me too, that'd be phenominal...

You're a huge Rush tour veteran, when they played it back on that tour was it REALLY in 3D or just a joke for filming it? You know 3D is making such a huge comeback... just sayin! Maybe we'll see this beauty in our time machine adventure!

trink39.gif icon_alienjig.gif

That was my first rush show ever, at madison square garden. There were no 3-D glasses. It was hysterical, with Alex dancing and all. Its a tremendous song.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 8 2010, 12:04 PM)
Vegas Baby!!! biggrin.gif

I guess if I HAVE to make the 20 minute drive to The MGM Grand Garden Arena, that'll have to do!

I WILL be at The MGM show, period.

We're all staying at your place. That's cool, right? biggrin.gif

653.gif 2.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif