Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 8 2010, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (bigman208 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:28 AM)
2 dates in Toronto!!!!!  ohmy.gif  1022.gif

ACC or Molson Amphitheatre or both???

Decisions, decisions!!!

Obviously BOTH!!! yes.gif

I definitely plan to be at both of them. It pays to live really close to the boys' hometown! I love it! 1022.gif

I was planning on going to both, but I'm worried it might be too pricey. How much are Rush tickets on average? 60 bucks?

It depends where you wanna sit... $65 plus tax is standard then it can go up to over $100.. plus more if you go with a broker.

So that would be around $150 for both shows?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 8 2010, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 8 2010, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 8 2010, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (bigman208 @ Apr 8 2010, 09:28 AM)
2 dates in Toronto!!!!!  ohmy.gif  1022.gif

ACC or Molson Amphitheatre or both???

Decisions, decisions!!!

Obviously BOTH!!! yes.gif

I definitely plan to be at both of them. It pays to live really close to the boys' hometown! I love it! 1022.gif

I was planning on going to both, but I'm worried it might be too pricey. How much are Rush tickets on average? 60 bucks?

It depends where you wanna sit... $65 plus tax is standard then it can go up to over $100.. plus more if you go with a broker.

So that would be around $150 for both shows?

That's a safe assumption, for the show on the 13th it's at Molson Amphitheatre which is outside so you may even be able to get lawns for cheaper. Have to wait and see when the tickets go on sale.

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Apr 8 2010, 10:10 AM)
I have decided my dates biggrin.gif Air Canada, TO 17th July and White River Amphitheatre, Seattle 7th August!!! TWICE!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Now let the ticket stress begin... **tears hair out**

I wish I could go to Seattle too this time... oh well.. August hmm... I wont rule it out just yet.

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Apr 8 2010, 06:58 AM)
No Michigan stop.  sad.gif  And we've always been so good to them here. (To add insult to injury, I'm listening right this moment to a commercial that Huey Lewis & The News are coming to Pine Knob this summer. WTF!)

Oh well...maybe I'll be able to make it to Mohegan Sun. Or convince the hubby that he really wants to spend his birthday weekend in Toronto.

Even though they are playing Sarnia, they always play Pine Knob (Can't call it DTE)/Palace/Joe. I hope they end up adding a Detroit date.

Wichita AND Tulsa get a show...I like the way the boys are thinking!!!!!!!!!

Osage

I can't see the dates! confused13.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 8 2010, 09:51 AM)
How can anybody complain about this?

People here can complain about anything... everything.

The band members are pushing 60 and they are going to tour again... and people are mad because there might only be one rarely played song in the set? (ignoring the promise of new songs all together)

Would you prefer they retire?

Just enjoy it while you still have it.

2.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 8 2010, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Apr 8 2010, 08:26 AM)
August at MGM Grand. VEGAS BABY!!! 1022.gif

HELL YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!! 1022.gif

I would do just about anything to be able to go to Vegas for the show. This is certainly a dream for me.

Great announcement!!!! Unfortunately, there aren't any Cleveland area dates, so I'll have to make a road trip. Normally, I'd consider Columbus or Pittsburgh, but I'm not even certain I'll be leaving there in the late summer and fall, so I'll probably catch the Chicago show and visit my family for the 4th of July.

As far as the setlist is concerned, having MP in its entirety will be fun, and at least the long-time fans who've been clamoring for TCE will be satisfied. Personally, I thought this would have been a good time to do Permanent Waves in its entirety since this is the 30th anniversary of that album, and we'd get to see Jacob's ladder and Different Strings for the first time in a while.

As for predictions, pretty much the same Rush show as usual. The band has been hinting at a couple of new songs, so if they're ready to go we'll see a preview of the new album. We'll also likely see the usual mix of newer and older tunes, with plenty of the "standards" as well as the songs that have been in and out of the setlist (e.g. Big Money, Animate, Red Sector A). We'll also get a few surprises, both from the 80's and 90's, and probably one mega surprise from the 70's. It will be awesome--and people will bitch because it's not awesome enough.

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 10:31 AM)
Wichita AND Tulsa get a show...I like the way the boys are thinking!!!!!!!!!
Osage

OMG, I hadn't seen the Tulsa date... now there are 3 places that are within 100-110 miles of me smile.gif

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 8 2010, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 8 2010, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Apr 8 2010, 08:26 AM)
August at MGM Grand. VEGAS BABY!!! 1022.gif

HELL YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!! 1022.gif

I would do just about anything to be able to go to Vegas for the show. This is certainly a dream for me.

It would be so much fun if a bunch of us could meet up there again like the last tour. You and owlswing would HAVE to be there! That Vegas trip was one of the best times ever. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 08:42 AM)
Hey, question here as I'm too lazy to go look - has "Chemistry" ever been done live? I'm thinking not. . .

Yes...recently, I believe...R30?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Apr 8 2010, 11:56 AM)
Hey, question here as I'm too lazy to go look - has "Chemistry" ever been done live?  I'm thinking not. . .

Missed THAT tour as we were saving for a house purchase. . .

It's one I'd like to see revived for fun. But from Signals, I really really really really want The Analog Kid but especially The Weapon! (I can even do without Subdivisions this time out).

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Apr 8 2010, 11:56 AM)
Hey, question here as I'm too lazy to go look - has "Chemistry" ever been done live?  I'm thinking not. . .

Missed THAT tour as we were saving for a house purchase. . .

It's one I'd like to see revived for fun. But from Signals, I really really really really want The Analog Kid but especially The Weapon! (I can even do without Subdivisions this time out).

Losing It, with Ben Mink. That would be the bomb.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Apr 8 2010, 10:56 AM)

Last (and only) time was the New World Tour, 1982

Edited by greg2112

Here's a thought and just a thought. Didn't Rush used to sneak in songs they were working on for a new album while on the road? I can swear I remember them playing a song from the next album that they were working on in the studio to get a reaction. What if that's part of the Time Machine Mentality?

Or, NeilFinal.gif could break out the old Tama's and GeddyFinal.gif get all those synths and AlexFinal.gif double neck guitars.....Then there's the kimono's and ah, I'm thinking too much into this. I like the new way they play just the same as the old. I'm curious though about what the rest of the setlist is going to comrpise of.....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Apr 8 2010, 11:03 AM)
Here's a thought and just a thought. Didn't Rush used to sneak in songs they were working on for a new album while on the road? I can swear I remember them playing a song from the next album that they were working on in the studio to get a reaction. What if that's part of the Time Machine Mentality?

Or, NeilFinal.gif could break out the old Tama's and GeddyFinal.gif get all those synths and AlexFinal.gif double neck guitars.....Then there's the kimono's and ah, I'm thinking too much into this. I like the new way they play just the same as the old. I'm curious though about what the rest of the setlist is going to comrpise of.....

You know I love these guys and all. But, please. For the love of God. No old dudes in kimonos. no.gif

RUSH! What a hard ass workning band! These guys kick out a tour almost every year, and each one is awesome comparatively speaking to thier same age other groups. No One from their era can hang with them.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 653.gif trink39.gif common001.gif

Edited by CountFloyd