Time Machine Tour *TOUR SPOILERS*

woodring2112

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 8 2010, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 8 2010, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 8 2010, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Apr 8 2010, 08:26 AM)
August at MGM Grand. VEGAS BABY!!! 1022.gif

HELL YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!! 1022.gif

I would do just about anything to be able to go to Vegas for the show. This is certainly a dream for me.

It would be so much fun if a bunch of us could meet up there again like the last tour. You and owlswing would HAVE to be there! That Vegas trip was one of the best times ever. yes.gif

seems they always make sure the Vegas show falls on a saturday night. 1022.gif

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 8 2010, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ Apr 8 2010, 02:36 PM)
I'm so excited for this tour in the The Camera Eye is my second favorite Rush song from probably my 3rd favorite album. I can't wait to hear TCE and I'll hear it in Florida and VA and couple other places that I can squeeze in. I have to add to the 40+ shows I've now seen over the years. biggrin.gif

Are you going to the Boston show? If so, a bunch of us on here are having a pre-show gathering.

Count me in on the Boston show!...

Are the specifics ironed out yet!...

Anyone going to Mohegan as well?....im probably going to stay over.

MP being performed in full is such an awesome thing to read.

I'm totally psyched for finally hearing The Camera Eye live for the first time.

Definitely getting tickets for the PNC show in September.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 8 2010, 03:57 PM)
I'm so excited for this tour in the The Camera Eye is my second favorite Rush song from probably my 3rd favorite album. I can't wait to hear TCE and I'll hear it in Florida and VA and couple other places that I can squeeze in. I have to add to the 40+ shows I've now seen over the years. biggrin.gif

Are you going to the Boston show? If so, a bunch of us on here are having a pre-show gathering.

Count me in on the Boston show!...

Are the specifics ironed out yet!...

Anyone going to Mohegan as well?....im probably going to stay over.

Guaranteed I'll be at Mohegan! trink39.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 8 2010, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 8 2010, 09:46 PM)
I gotta say I am disappointed as MP in its entirety is not a strong selling point for me. It is an easy cash in for them though. weak.

MP in its entirety is weak?! Huh?! What?!! I mean,...what?!!! confused13.gif

Would you rather have them play Rivendell, Anagram for Mongo, Dog Years, and You Bet Your Life and probably NOT make as much dough? tongue.gif

why yes, yes I would. For the exception of Rivendell I love all of those songs.

Pags, why are you in a spoiler thread? I was just about to post a rumored song Rush may play that they never played live, and I saw you here so now I'm not going to post it. GET OUT!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Apr 8 2010, 08:44 AM)
At first I was like, they are only doing MP? Then I realized its only 7 songs and they normally do a 3 hour show (didnt have my morning caffeine yet). So I am sure they will do all of MP in order one after another, then do alot of other oldies (and maybe some new stuff!).

I think that the people that are getting po'd about MP in its entirety and the "marketing move" should chill out. They would play alot of MP no matter what tour anyway, at least they are touring (and writing!).

I agree,not a big deal really but by packaging it that way will help attract some fans and still leave room for lots of oldies and some new stuff and those songs all work well live anyway.

I was at the computer at 7AM waiting to see the dates and though they always come to Cinti I was bummed they aren't, though they say there are dates still to be announced so everyone can hope. For the fans overseas and elsewhere they weren't leaving here since it's only a "short"tour and will likely go abroad next summer on the larger tour.

Oh yeah, the dates. I'm in Cinti obviously so Sunday night in Columbus is a must but some other dates are intriging as well that i'm considering.

Been to Pittsburgh so scratch that.

Chitown on July 5th would make a great holiday weekend and the hall is downtown on the bay and not in the suburbs where there are no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth.

Never been to Boston or Toronto so those are both very appealiing. Guess I'll have to look in, look out and look around to make a decision.

No I don't live in Boston any more. I have 2 homes in MD and Florida so the VA/DC, Pitts/Philly and the Tampa/and the last show in West Palm Beach is just around the corner from the house there. That should be it to add to the 40 something shows I've seen.

This is absolutely TOO good to be true. biggrin.gif I going to spend my daughter's college fund when this is all done.

Peace

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:25 PM)
I'm guessing they'll start the 2nd set with the entire MP, sort of like Pink Floyd did with Dark Side of the Moon in 94.

Or finish off the first set with it like Rush did with 2112 on the

T4E tour.

Hey, the board is getting kinda slow...can some of you leave for a while?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/lolhammer.gif

Well, the flyer from my Rush newsletter I just got said

"Additional cities and dates to be announced" ...so, I dunno.

The more I think about it, MP in it's entirety isn't all that special. In the last 8 years they've played every song except TCE anyway. But yes, TCE will be epic.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:43 PM)
The more I think about it, MP in it's entirety isn't all that special. In the last 8 years they've played every song except TCE anyway. But yes, TCE will be epic.

but all of them played together is really something special.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Apr 8 2010, 03:46 PM)

This can certainly be true. For example, I saw Springsteen do Born to Run in its entirety last year. Of course, we heard most of those songs, like Thunder Road, Jungleland, BTR, etc, ad nauseum over the years. But to hear them in sequence, and subsequently have flashbacks of listening to the original album years ago, was a different and special experience. It can be the same this summer with MP.

Oh, and we're getting CAMERA EYE.

Edited by greg2112

These are going to be some hot-ticket shows.I'm thinking demand is gonna be huge.I haven't been compelled to see Rush live since 1994 but this tour is bringing me out for sure.I'm real excited! I literally have not been this excited about a concert in 20+yrs.

And I just blasted the f*** out of Moving Pictures!!

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Apr 8 2010, 03:46 PM)

This can certainly be true. For example, I saw Springsteen do Born to Run in its entirety last year. Of course, we heard most of those songs, like Thunder Road, Jungleland, BTR, etc, ad nauseum over the years. But to hear them in sequence, and subsequently have flashbacks of listening to the original album years ago, was a different and special experience. It can be the same this summer with MP.

Oh, and we're getting CAMERA EYE.

please don't mention springsteen in this forum ever again. thanks. tongue.gif