Aerosmith calling it a day with farewell tour

They're way too old for their first farewell tour.  How can they expect to milk the public for 20 years if they wait this long for their first?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I keep trying to wrap my brain around the fact that Steven Tyler is 75 years old.   :ohmy:

No Joey no Aerosmith

I mean it’s not nearly as bad as most bands who reach this age in terms of accurate membership, but Joey’s been an integral part of the band as long as any of them. He should get to say farewell too.

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

No Joey no Aerosmith

I mean it’s not nearly as bad as most bands who reach this age in terms of accurate membership, but Joey’s been an integral part of the band as long as any of them. He should get to say farewell too.

Oh wait I see his reasoning now. Health and family. As long as it’s not petty band drama like it usually is. That’s a fair call.

• Like 2

Heck! Everyone should enjoy a bit of retirement time. Hope they go out with a blast!

• Like 4

Their net worth is $150 million EACH, because of te deal they made with Guitar Hero. All of them are old, don't really get along, and don't seem to write good songs together anymore...so I'd say it's appropriate to call it a day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, laughedatbytime said:

They're way too old for their first farewell tour.  How can they expect to milk the public for 20 years if they wait this long for their first?

Not everyone has that Simmons-Stanley level of acumen it takes to do it properly . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Not everyone has that Simmons-Stanley level of acumen it takes to do it properly . . .

Good point, but even Cher or The Who level would have been sufficient.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rod in Toronto said:

All of them are old, don't really get along, and don't seem to write good songs together anymore...so I'd say it's appropriate to call it a day.

Alas, many of us were saying this 20 years ago.... :biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Since they waited until they were in their 70s to announce a farewell tour, I think there's a decent chance they may really honor that.

But being in your 70s nowadays ( subject to being lucky enough to hopefully avoid any major health issues 🤞 ) is like being in your mid-late 50s just 30 short years ago 

• Like 1

I saw Aerosmith the last few tours ( not the residency in Vegas ) and they've still got it.   Steven's voice is still great.

I will be at one, maybe two of their shows.   Great evening with this band.

Yup, it's time for them to retire.   I just hope they can keep their health together for this tour.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

But being in your 70s nowadays ( subject to being lucky enough to hopefully avoid any major health issues 🤞 ) is like being in your mid-late 50s just 30 short years ago 

True, but how many people in their 70s now snorted the amount of cocaine that Aerosmith did?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, custom55 said:

I saw Aerosmith the last few tours ( not the residency in Vegas ) and they've still got it.   Steven's voice is still great.

I will be at one, maybe two of their shows.   Great evening with this band.

Yup, it's time for them to retire.   I just hope they can keep their health together for this tour.

I saw them last September at Fenway.  They were amazing.

• Like 4

I'm old enough to remember when it was more likely that the band would have been kaput over the member's substance abuse issues versus them just calling it a day.

I would like to mention Steven Tyler does charity work for women who have been victims of abuse, which is really wonderful.

• Like 5

I remember first hearing Aerosmith blasting from a floor below me at my college dorm and it was amazing and powerful.   I went down to the guys room and :smoke: while listening to the rest of Get Your Wings.   I was a fan.

First saw them in concert the summer of 1975 at Central Park, NYC.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, treeduck said:

They'll be back, count on it!

Like KISS and Lynyrd Skynyrd!  Hasn't KISS finally set a last date, though?  Lynyrd Skynyrd (although no one original is left)  cancelled their retirement! :facepalm:  At least they were honest about it.

• Haha 2

On 5/3/2023 at 3:54 AM, Rick N. Backer said:

I saw them last September at Fenway.  They were amazing.

I was going to get a ticket for their hometown show for this last tour but it's on New Year's Eve so that's ruled it out. I'll definitely see them once but am hoping to go twice. It's the end of an era.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

I was going to get a ticket for their hometown show for this last tour but it's on New Year's Eve so that's ruled it out. I'll definitely see them once but am hoping to go twice. It's the end of an era.

I saw them on NYE about 30 years ago.  I'm hoping my buddy who has an "in," for this type of thing (he got the box we sat in at Fenway last September) can get seats.  That should be a GREAT show.

• Like 2