What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I broke down in a crazy way today. Was taken to hospital and have been given mood stabilisers.

Happened out the blue. I lost it and nearly through myself under a train and then got taken aside and now I'm back home feeling awful.

Worst I've been in about three years...I just snapped

I broke down in a crazy way today. Was taken to hospital and have been given mood stabilisers.

Happened out the blue. I lost it and nearly through myself under a train and then got taken aside and now I'm back home feeling awful.

Sorry to hear that, Segue. :(

2016 in general. Crappy year. Glad for the holidays finally being here so this year can take a hike.

Dad and stepmom borrowed $250 from me in January. Still haven't seen that money yet, though I've been promised numerous times I'll get it.

We moved to a new house in March. Love it…except the sink in the main bathroom doesn't work, my bedroom is an icebox, and our cable provider doesn't broadcast Yankees games (first world problem, I know—just lightening the mood :)).

So I'm in college… completely bombed the spring semester. Mostly my fault, don't want to get into it. :sigh: Aced the fall semester though. :)

My birthday party was cancelled for my second cousin's college graduation—I'm certainly proud of him, but I couldn't help but feel a bit of envy at his party that was scheduled for the same day as mine. Also, I didn't get anything, which I don't really care about, but you know…salt to a fresh wound.

November rolls around. Thanksgiving vacation in Virginia for a week! Except my stepdad has a problem with his back that may or may not be cancerous, and numerous factors related to this led to our vacation being cut in half. I think he is going for a biopsy in January. :(

Also, Dad and stepmom took $400 from me to cover my insurance costs for the next six months…but I won't be on it for reasons I'd rather not disclose…so now I'm out $650 with nothing to show for it. The solution? Well, my iPad is cracked, so Dad says he'll get me a new one. Great! But my stepmom won't let me do it until we can get her new iPhone (which, by the way, she took MY upgrade :facepalm: ). Now, that's probably sometime next week, but the fact that she's taken so much from me already just makes this the icing on the cake.

I know. Who am I to rant about birthdays and iPads? I'm really not a materialistic person, but I'm owed quite a bit of money, and with all the BS that's happened this year, I do NOT need all these little problems popping up. So if you want to call me spoiled, go ahead, but I think I have a right to be a little pissed off. I'm honestly more concerned for my stepdad right now than anything else, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with all this other crap.

Edited by Disk98

Also, my dog bit my brother last week. This wasn't the first time she acted up, so we got rid of her. I was never crazy about the thing anyway, but still…no one hurts my little bro. Edited by Disk98

2016 in general. Crappy year. Glad for the holidays finally being here so this year can take a hike.

Dad and stepmom borrowed $250 from me in January. Still haven't seen that money yet, though I've been promised numerous times I'll get it.

We moved to a new house in March. Love it…except the sink in the main bathroom doesn't work, my bedroom is an icebox, and our cable provider doesn't broadcast Yankees games (first world problem, I know—just lightening the mood :)).

So I'm in college… completely bombed the spring semester. Mostly my fault, don't want to get into it. :sigh: Aced the fall semester though. :)

My birthday party was cancelled for my second cousin's college graduation—I'm certainly proud of him, but I couldn't help but feel a bit of envy at his party that was scheduled for the same day as mine. Also, I didn't get anything, which I don't really care about, but you know…salt to a fresh wound.

November rolls around. Thanksgiving vacation in Virginia for a week! Except my stepdad has a problem with his back that may or may not be cancerous, and numerous factors related to this led to our vacation being cut in half. I think he is going for a biopsy in January. :(

Also, Dad and stepmom took $400 from me to cover my insurance costs for the next six months…but I won't be on it for reasons I'd rather not disclose…so now I'm out $650 with nothing to show for it. The solution? Well, my iPad is cracked, so Dad says he'll get me a new one. Great! But my stepmom won't let me do it until we can get her new iPhone (which, by the way, she took MY upgrade :facepalm: ). Now, that's probably sometime next week, but the fact that she's taken so much from me already just makes this the icing on the cake.

I know. Who am I to rant about birthdays and iPads? I'm really not a materialistic person, but I'm owed quite a bit of money, and with all the BS that's happened this year, I do NOT need all these little problems popping up. So if you want to call me spoiled, go ahead, but I think I have a right to be a little pissed off. I'm honestly more concerned for my stepdad right now than anything else, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with all this other crap.

You sound like a caring person with a good perspective on life. I don't blame you for being pissed off over the birthday thing- everyone deserves a little something on their birthday- it only comes once a year! Your family is lucky to have you. I hope 2017 goes better for you.

I'm certainly not going to rip you. Your post just made me think that 2016 needs its own Piss Off thread...because you, me, and many others would like it to do so

• Like 2

:(

I hope you're feeling better now...I should delete my post above.

So sorry to hear this. :hug2:

... 2016 needs its own Piss Off thread...because you, me, and many others would like it to do so

Yes

I'm certainly not going to rip you. Your post just made me think that 2016 needs its own Piss Off thread...because you, me, and many others would like it to do so

Seriously. And don't even get me started on all my music idols dying… :boohoo:

I feel like it's my stepmom more than my dad with regard to my money and electronics problems. I feel like I'm her little marionette. I've known her for as long as I can remember, and I do live in her house, but sometimes I can't help but think, "Who are you, pulling all the strings and running my life (and bank account) like it's your own? I'm eighteen years old and my own person!" Edited by Disk98

I feel like it's my stepmom more than my dad with regard to my money and electronics problems. I feel like I'm her little marionette. I've known her for as long as I can remember, and I do live in her house, but sometimes I can't help but think, "Who are you, pulling all the strings and running my life (and bank account) like it's your own? I'm eighteen years old and my own person!"

Then move out. If you are going to live with them, this is how it is going to be. If you want to get out from under them, get a job and move out.

• Like 1

Head is in a major fog but I have to go into work.

In spite of guidance.

:(

I hope you're feeling better now...I should delete my post above.

Thank you. We all have different things going on. My health is an ongoing concern I will always have these setbacks.

So sorry to hear this. :hug2:

:hug2:

Parents shouldn't borrow from their children. Full stop.

• Like 1

I feel like it's my stepmom more than my dad with regard to my money and electronics problems. I feel like I'm her little marionette. I've known her for as long as I can remember, and I do live in her house, but sometimes I can't help but think, "Who are you, pulling all the strings and running my life (and bank account) like it's your own? I'm eighteen years old and my own person!"

Then move out. If you are going to live with them, this is how it is going to be. If you want to get out from under them, get a job and move out.

A bit harsh advice in my opinion.

As a parent I cannot understand people taking money from their children (no matter their age) or to just say get out if you don't like it. Disk98 sounds like a decent kid that stays out of trouble. Obviously I don't know him but his grievances sound valid.

I assume Disk98 is still in school/college. If so, I encourage Disk98 to stick it out a bit longer (but don't lend money anymore) and get your education. It's crucial in this day and age.

I would try my best to tough it out until an optimum time for moving out and onwards.

Good luck Disk98 x

• Like 1

My sleep has been messed up lately.

I fall asleep between 10:30 and 12:30 now. I can not stay up past 12:30 at all and I used to be able to do it all the time

I also keep waking up in the middle of the night, and I keep waking up like 30 mins to an hour before my alarm.

I'm always up a half hour or so before my alarm goes off. Been that way for years. For me to sleep until it goes off is very rare. Might happen a couple times a year and that's it.

The good news is that because of this, i'm never late for work.

• Like 1

A**hole drivers. :madra: The roads are really slippery and some drive like its the middle of July.

It's tough to be in full on road rage mode when the roads are icy slick :madra:

I just hang back and hope one of the idiots wreck there vehicle. And yes, I do curse at them while driving. :D

A**hole drivers. :madra: The roads are really slippery and some drive like its the middle of July.

I just hang back and hope one of the idiots wreck there vehicle. And yes, I do curse at them while driving. :D

I can imagine you tightly gripping your steering wheel with hands at 10 and 2 o'clock while repeating to yourself "I hope that asshole crashes I hope that asshole crashes I hope that asshole crashes..." :LOL:

• Like 1

I can imagine you tightly gripping your steering wheel with hands at 10 and 2 o'clock while repeating to yourself "I hope that asshole crashes I hope that asshole crashes I hope that asshole crashes..." :LOL:

Dude, You nailed it!! :laughing guy: What you said about 10 and 2 blows me away. I caught myself doing what ever it took many times. Then I thought of 10 and 2. Stayed with it. :D

• Like 1